Dick Cheney is a compassionate and caring person

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 21, 2012 9:46:08 PM PDT
Dick Cheney had been Secretary of Defense for only 30 days when my first cousin, Col. James "Nick" Rowe was assassinated in Manila while on a military liaison mission to the Phillipine government. He attended the internment ceremonies at Arlington to pay his respects to the fallen hero and personally spoke to each of us in Nick's family. It was clear to each of us by his words and facial expressions that he shared our pain at the loss of our loved one and tried to console us. I considered this a great act of kindness on his part particularly because he was still in the midst of organizing and staffing his department. It irks me to read derogatory remarks about Cheney from jerks that no nothing about the man's true character.

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 7:04:12 PM PDT
Jon says:
All you had to do from 2001-2008, if you wanted to know about the man's true character, was watch and listen. Anyone can perform individual acts of kindness. This man has about a million more acts of kindness to perform before he comes close to breaking even for all the deliberate destruction he has done to our democracy, to the 100's of 1000's of brave service people he sent to an unjust war, and the 100's of 1000's of human beings who died thanks to his political manipulations and lies in the process.

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 9:28:11 PM PDT
Parroting liberal media distortions does nothing to attest to the true character of the man. Dick Cheney was Vice-President, not the President and his function was to carry out his orders at the direction of the President to the best of his abilities. He did not ask for the job, he was asked to give up an annual income in excess of seven figures to once again serve his country as he had under several prior Presidents. He put his health at risk and exposed his family to media abuse to serve his country's needs again. He did this knowing that he would suffer verbal and written abuse from those ungrateful and unworthy wretches who have done little or nothing to advance American values.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Oct 21, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
In My Time: A Personal and Political Memoir
In My Time: A Personal and Political Memoir by Richard B. Cheney (Hardcover - August 30, 2011)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (318)