5.0 out of 5 stars So great, my husband swiped the first pair that I ordered!
Published 22 months ago by H. K. Rodman

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice fit but lacking in finish
Some reviews for Dickies overalls indicate that the sizes run small. I found the opposite to be true, at least compared to normal jeans. A lot depends on what you plan to tuck under these - for a T-shirt, I suggest ordering your normal jeans size or even a bit smaller unless you are looking for a baggy look.

The straps are a bit limited on adjustment...
Published on December 29, 2011 by Mr. T

5.0 out of 5 stars So great, my husband swiped the first pair that I ordered!, February 6, 2013
These are GREAT, I mean really GREAT overalls! I mistakenly ordered a too-large set to start with- I took the advice of (apparently male) other reviewers, and ordered larger than my waist and inseam measurements. They didn't fit. I swam about in them for a minute or two, but was immediately impressed with the quality of the fabric, stitching, and overall (pardon the pun) design. I'm usually a 32-34/34 in jeans, but in these, a 36/34 was waaaay too large. On a whim, my husband asked to try them on, and they were long, even on him- and he's 6'1 / 210 lbs.- but he immediately fell in love with them. (And they actually look pretty hot on him- can't say that about most overalls on most men.) This was actually fortunate, as it gave me a better idea of what size to order for myself (and saved me from the Valentine's Day conundrum, LOL!) So now I have my own pair as well, and I gotta say, they're just wonderful- the color is darker than pictured, but I like that. The details are nicely done, the pockets are a delight (and I keep finding MORE of 'em all the time), they're well-put-together, comfortable, and well....they're just GREAT. The legs are a little long, but I don't care- better too long than too short. I wound up getting a pair in 34/32, and that's working out nicely for me- room enough to layer shirts if needs be, but definitely cute with a smaller, non-bulky top.

A special note to other female buyers: the other terrific thing about these is that the bib is wide enough to accomodate a woman's chest, without that weird, uh, centering/not centering thing that happens with overalls that AREN'T wide enough up top- no "peek-a-boob" effect, which is my major gripe with the makers of many "ladies'" overalls. (I mean, why on earth would you skimp on the bib fabric, for a clientele with breasts? I mean, REALLY?!) And if your fella has the classic suit-wearing physique, broad-shouldered and narrow-hipped, he will look GREAT in a set of these, no joke! (Got a "Jethro" fantasy, ala Beverly Hillbillies? I didn't, either. Until I got my husband a pair of these. *Giggle*)

These are comfortable, well-made, high-quality overalls, and the price is right- much nicer than other brands that I could mention, and have wasted money on in the past. If you're going to drop some cash for a good pair of overalls, these would be your best bet. You will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars THEATRE SHOP WORK CLOTHES, November 29, 2008
I BOUGHT THESE TO WEAR WHEN I WORKED IN THE SET SHOP OF OUR LOCAL COMMUNITY THEATRE. THEY HAVE FUNCTIONED JUST AS I WANTED. THE EXTRA POCKETS ARE GREAT FOR CARRYING PENCILS, MEASURING TAPE, SCREWS ETC. THE OVERALLS WERE SOFT AND SEEMINGLY PRE-WASHED MANY TIMES. FIRST TIME WEARING WAS LIKE PUTTING ON A FAVORITE PAIR OF JEANS. THE BIGGEST ADVANTAGE HAS BEEN THE FREEDOM TO BEND AND STREACH AND AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE RIDE DOWN PROBLEM OR THE CONTINUAL NEED TO HITCH THEM BACK INTO PLACE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM FOR COMFORT AND USEFULNESS.

5.0 out of 5 stars they are awesome!!!, January 18, 2009
These are perfect for my needs. I am an artist so it's great to have all the pockets! These are the only pair that are true to size. I ordered my regular jean size. Very Happy with this product!!

4.0 out of 5 stars What you order is not necessarily what you get, May 10, 2013
As others have mentioned, just be VERY careful when ordering if you care about what wash you receive. They are both labeled "stone washed," and the picture never changes from the truly stone-washed faded product, no matter what wash you think you've ordered. You may think you've ordered the comfy faded wash, when in fact what you're going to get is the stiffer dark blue. So you have to be careful if the wash matters to you.

Sizing: reviews here talk about various different sizing problems, with some reviewers reporting not having any sizing problem at all. Based on reviews, I ordered a waist size one size larger, and I'm so glad I did. The item I got had tags confirming the correct size I ordered. However, the waist was a full size smaller than marked, and the length was more than 3 inches longer than what the tag said. And what a PITA trying to hem heavy denim! I was tempted to return the overalls b/c of this, but there was no predicting what size I would get in exchange. Also, the overalls were what I wanted in every other way, so I went the alterations route instead of returning or exchanging them.

Even with the obvious decent price, I hesitate to recommend these because no matter what size you order, you don't know what size you're actually going to get. Dickies is a fine, reputable company, and these are sturdy, well-made overalls that I expect to last a long time. Just be prepared to do alterations. Or, you might get lucky like some reviewers and receive exactly the size and wash you wanted. Based on so many reviewers reporting sizing problems, however, something's wonky here.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Soft, Roomy, and Long, November 26, 2011
These Dickies "Men's" Denim Stone Washed Bib Overalls are so soft, roomy and long. I normally wear a 16W womens, 34" waist, 44" hips. The 42/30 size I bought are quite roomy in the waist (as expected) and in the hips. Good for my purpose of gardening as they aren't binding up anywhere. The 2 pair I bought were much longer in the inseam than stated...about 3" longer. No problem, as I can hem them. The back is high so the straps do not slide off your shoulders. They are a midweight jean, great for southern winter and early spring temperatures of 40's - 70's. I rate them an excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and comfortable, March 19, 2013
This review is from: Dickies Men's Denim Stone Washed Bib Overalls (Apparel)
The denim has a good weight to where I would be surprised if the overalls would wear out anytime soon. The hooks and buttons remain snapped/secure. The length did not shrink when washed. I purchased them for gardening and love that my waist area is not being squashed as it was wearing normal jeans with all of the bending over that I do. I love all of the pockets for my tools and gloves. It is easy to unhook and disrobe after a day of gardening when everything is dirty. My family thought I was nutty, but I am so much happier with my overalls. It is nice to have a "uniform" for gardening, instead of staining a bunch of other jeans and having to think about what to wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't hardly wear these out!!, October 31, 2007
K. Snider (Nashville, TN USA) - See all my reviews
I have purchased these for my brother, who is a plumber, and he loves these bibs. Received them quickly from this vendor, so would not hesitate to do business with them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice overalls, June 26, 2007
I always wear them. They are comfortable and wear well and I just love them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vintage styling that still works best, April 29, 2008
D. Bryant (Central Virginia) - See all my reviews
These bibs have lots of pockets, heavy duty buckles and loops. And very comfortable to boot. I do struggle a bit getting both straps over my back but am getting a bit older. My only recommendation is to lengthen the straps to make them easier to get on. Recommended if you have difficulty with your britches falling down over your pouch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast shipment, great product, May 13, 2007
M. Darnell (Kalamazoo, MI United States) - See all my reviews
Very durable, heavy denim. Great quality. Fits very well.