Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dickies LU200 Men's Industrial Carpenter Jean
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 4, 2014
I bought this pair several months ago and the comparison is to Lee Dungaree Carpenter Jeans (which are chinsy, but comfy).

Fit: 4 stars for fitment. They are not too tight, not too loose, and fit almost exactly the same as my Lee pants. 4 stars instead of 5 for placement of the pockets, which I'll get to in the functionality part. The legs are loose enough that they easily fit over motorcycle boots, however the seat of the pants seems a bit 'straight' and could use a bit of tapering at the waist to prevent plumber's crack - hey, let's face it, active men have a little booty!!

Durability: 5+++ Stars. These pants are sturdy and live up to the Dickies name. They are heavy weight material, and all the stitching is solid. Compared to the lees, they are probably about 50% heavier.

Comfort: 4 stars - as mentioned above the seat could use some tapering and they're a bit warm for summer wear. The heavy material is not ideal on hot or very warm days. I wouldn't pick these if it gets more than 80 degrees F - just way too warm. On the flip side, I've found no need for added insulation in the winter as long as I was active (i.e. moving), but would want layers if sitting in a tree stand under 20 degrees.

Functionality: - 3 stars. The back and lower pockets function as expected and don't rip like the Lee brand does. The heavier material has reinforced stitching to keep your gear secured. Here's the big drawback, which IMO justifies a lower rating. The hip pockets (the ones you put your hands in) are way too high. If you carry a pocket knife with a clip, and wear a cell phone (or gun) on your belt, forget about comfortably putting your hands in your pockets or taking anything out of them. I wear a blackberry on my right hip. On the Lee pants, it's not at all in the way and I can access the pockets with no problems. On the Dickies the pocket is just an inch too high.

For me, although the rest of the ratings are excellent for these pants, the issue with the hip pockets is enough of a reason for me to not buy more than one pair. I use these for utility work or on cold days, but it's too frigging annoying with the pocket issue to make it worth buying another pair... which is really too bad. If Dickies just redesigned them to fit normally, they would be the perfect pants. If you don't wear a phone on your hip, or use the hip pockets much, then these will probably work well for you.
22 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2013
I haven't had much luck in buying clothes from Amazon.com, but these pants turned out perfect for my oversized body (6'4" & 400lbs). DIckies has always been a favorite of mine. These pants are top quality and the size was exactly what I was expecting.
on April 4, 2014
I actually bought these for a homeless guy that lives near me. I asked what size jeans he wears and I went on Amazon to find him some jeans. I thought he might like some like this with the cargo style pockets and durability that Dickies offers. So far he has been wearing them ever since I gave them to him and he is very tall and they seem to fit him perfect. I love Amazon.
22 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2010
I've worn these almost at least once a week for 2 years and the first pay is just starting to wear. The second pair is still in good shape. These were way more durable than Levi's.
on August 24, 2013
My husband loves these jeans for work. The pockets are great for holding keys, phone, tools, etc. They are durable and at a great price.
on February 14, 2014
Something you put on to work in, and not worry about it holding up to tough use. If you need more pockets, you should probably just invest in a tool box.
on June 17, 2014
The 3 star rating is a reflection on the product, not the seller. The jeans were priced right and arrived in reasonable time and in good condition ... even shippers can't break bluejeans ....
Elite Hero seems genuinely concerned that the customer is happy and makes efforts to ensure that. No complaints there.
My only complaint concerns the Dickies product and is as follows....
This are not the Dickies Carpenter Jeans you may have been used to. These seem to be a "new" version of the original carpenter jeans they've been making for years but the right leg side pockets are much smaller, and they no longer use rivets on the front pockets. I bought some locally prior to ordering these, and had the same problem. I was hoping these would be different, but they aren't. I don't know if they will have the longevity of the original 1993SNB's, but I definitely will have to look for something else if I can't find the originals since the new right leg pockets are so small, they wont even fit my cell phone. Still made in Mexico, but not what I was expecting. It's hard to get the value from a dollar like we used to, and that is no fault of the seller.
on August 26, 2013
I love these jeans they fit perfect real comfortable and looks great and for the price I'm happy with my jeans
on February 28, 2014
Apparently Dickie's sizes run quite small. I wear other brands with the same nominal size that fit just fine - this isn't wearable. I can try on jeans in a store and if they don't fit, it doesn't cost me to put them back on the shelf. The cost to return and re-stocking fee is two-thirds the cost of the garment, so this transaction is a big loser just to try on a pair of jeans. I won't buy garments from Amazon again if there is even the remotest question of proper fit.
on November 22, 2013
pants are perfect except one leg was two inches longer than the other....Quality control-I think you are sending inspection rejects to internet orders and the best to stores.Not the way to run a railroad. Got to practice my sewing!