5.0 out of 5 stars Finally warm feet!
Published on February 5, 2012 by Alexander William Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfy... but not well reinforced.
Published on January 22, 2012 by Ronald Parker

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally warm feet!, February 5, 2012
I've been wearing the same pair of Red Wing boots for well over a year now, and while the boots themselves are still on decent condition, they have no insulation, and the leather has cracked and torn over the years, making my feet even more vulnerable to the cold. For this winter I decided to purchase a pair of wool thermal socks, and I settled on these because Dickies is a good brand ,and the price was very low.

I bought 2 pairs, and I've been wearing them for my everyday socks since then! They are warm when the weather is cold, but don't stifle my feet when things are warmer, and they are very comfortable and soft.

Excellent socks that I would definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution for cold toes in the winter!, December 29, 2011
Vishal Khubani (Parsippany, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
Great, cheap solution for cold feet. Socks are super thick and will keep those toes warm for the winter. No need for slippers in the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice socks, December 30, 2011
Charles C. Warneke (Kansas City, MO USA) - See all my reviews
I got these to wear while clearing snow in the driveway and sidewalks. I haven't needed them for snow yet, but tried them out on a cold day, and they performed perfectly. Not too cold, not too hot, and did a great job keeping my feet dry. HIghly recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfy... but not well reinforced., January 22, 2012
I have been wearing Thorlo's boot socks(which hold up fine)and decided to try these out. In Afghanistan wearing steel toe RedBack slip-on boots, wore a hole in the toe first day! I keep myself well trimmed and have had no issues with my Thorlo's... I'm going to see how the second pair does with my alternate boots, but they really should hold up better. Feels nice, warm, comfy, no moisture build-up, but I must recommend a tougher sock for those who will be on your feet in steel toes for a good part of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, good sock, February 28, 2012
I couldn't believe how expensive work socks had gotten, so when I saw these, I bought three 2-packs and I love them. They're a little thin, but have held up well after 8 months of daily use, and they're not itchy, especially the red band around the top that always goes up past base layer socks.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Dickies Men's 2-Pack Wool Blend Boot Crew Socks (Apparel)
I wear mid to heavy weight socks for a good 4 to 5 months of the year and usually get about 3-5 years of use (??100 wearings??) from a good pair before the heel or ball starts to wear thin on the bottom. Only once have I had a hole form in the toe of one of my winter sox. I purchased about 6 pairs of Dickies sox on sale (price seemed right) about a month ago (several different winter styles). I have one pair left now, the rest all have holes in the toes. The price may be low, but when you only get between 3 to 10 uses from a pair before your toes start poking through, they get rather costly. I could have paid $50 a pair for the old socks that I had and still end up cheaper on a cost per use basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beary warm socks, September 28, 2013
About 10 years ago,I discovered these socks at our local Albertson food store,they were clearancing them,so for I bought 12 pairs,they are still the best wintery socks to have.My 12 size foot fit snugly and since I have very hairy legs it does not rub against the hair.Wash well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 29, 2012
Love them. Very warm and durable. It would be nice if they were a little thicker, but overall, I'm very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wool socks that actually stay up!, December 29, 2013
This review is from: Dickies Men's 2-Pack Wool Blend Boot Crew Socks (Apparel)
My first thought when my wife gave me these socks for Christmas and told me they had good reviews on Amazon was, "These feel super comfy ... and who writes reviews about socks?!" Now after wearing a pair of these nearly a week ... apparently this guy right here.

I've owned several pairs of wool socks over the years. They've all had positives and negatives. Some had better cushioning. Others had a better fit. But NONE of them - not a single pair - could ever stay up on my calves after more than one day's worth of wear before washing. Most don't even stand at attention past noon. Until I got these. I've been wearing the same pair of socks since Christmas morning 5 days ago (don't judge me; it's for science), and they have yet to slip down my legs no matter what the activity. Pant changes? No slippage. Wrestling with the kids around the house? No slippage. Risky Business-eque lip syncing competitions across the hardwood floors? No slippage. I've worn them to work, and I've worn them in lieu of slippers around the house, and still - no slippage.

Amazingly enough, there's really no odor after 5 days, either. Again, for science.

Realistically, I usually wear wool socks 2 days minimum and 3 days maximum before washing. Hey, wool socks are expensive; who do you know with 2 weeks worth just lying around for seasonal use? Okay, fine, I'm cheap. But we already agreed - no judging. For my wearing habits, the no-slippage puts these socks a toe above the rest. No more cold calves every time I have to assume The Thinker's position during winter restroom breaks. No more clown feet whenever I remove my boots at the end of the day.

That being said, I'm still rating these socks 4 out of 5 stars, which is for two reasons. 1) The stitching snags a little more easily than other wool socks I have. With two toddlers running around the house, sticky items abound, and pulling them off the bottom of my feet has already led to a few thread-humps. 2) While very warm and comfortable, they're not quite as cushioned feeling as my favorite pair of wool socks (whose brand name I've long since forgotten). Those socks are sized 6-12, too, but they fit my size 8 (in athletic shoes) feet nearly perfectly, while the heels on these ride up higher on my Achilles' tendon. That makes my old socks a little better for stand alone use, while giving the nod to these Dickies for their layering ability (at least, on my small feet).

In a perfect world, I'd have 89 pairs of wool socks - one for every day of winter (most years). They'd fit perfectly without slipping, and I'd wear them each once and then throw them in a pile labeled "To be washed in the Spring." But it's not a perfect world, and I only have 5-1/2 pairs of wool socks, so I have to make do. For the days where I don't have the time, energy, or motivation to wash them after the first day's wear, these Dickies hold up great, keeping my calves warm and toasty all day long. Highly recommended for anyone who loves warm feet, hates sleepy socks, and justifies their lackluster-laundry habits by insisting they're "just trying to do their part to be more 'green.'"

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift, January 2, 2014
tkaleo (Edmonds, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought these as a gift for someone. I've been told that they love it and it's very warm and comfy.