Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

on March 6, 2013
These are nice looking shoes for work, comfortable, very lightweight and has anti slip (restaurant style) soles. The shoes do however run a little large and tend to slip off your heel from time to time.
on January 21, 2012
I wore these things to work for a week before writing a review, and on the first day I was surprised in the difference between these and the work boots I wore before. I had no idea work boots made your ankles so stiff.

The only bad thing I found was the insole. Like me, you'll probably replace it as soon as possible.

All in all, with the right insole, these are great work shoes.
on April 20, 2013
I bought these 9.5 shoes after finding that a size 10 pair were too big. These ones don't have enough room in the toe and are too narrow for a moderately wide foot. My dogs were barking after about two hours in these. When you stand in these for long periods of time, your feet push up against the tongue and dig into the toes. If you go a half size larger, your feet slide around when standing, or, when walking, your heels come close to popping out of the shoe. They also breathe poorly. This product gets one star for style and slip resistant treads. For fit and comfort, it's a zero.

With some design tweaks, this could be a good pair. For now, avoid.
on January 9, 2015
I received my order November 20th it is now January 9th and the sole in my right foot is completely separated. The quality of this show is absolute garbage. I do not recommend wasting your time or money on these as they are not worth it. $29 Walmart slip free shoes are more comfortable and half the price and last longer.
review image
on March 16, 2013
Climbing up and down from the trucks and breaking down pallets in the warehouse all day my feet get a workout. I'm a big man and am always looking for a pair of shoes that can get me through an 8 - 10 hour work day.

First off, they are comfortable. The pain I normally have in my heel is gone when I wear these shoes. The padding is excellent. For comfort, I give them a five (5).

As for the negatives, which doesn't really bother me that much,the shoes are loose on your feet. They run wide and loose. You can slip them on and off your feet with little effort. And, during the day, they feel loose, like they could slip right off, but they stay on. Because they are loose you feel like you are "clomping" along as you walk. I wear medium width. If there was a way to order narrow width they would fit perfectly. But you can tell they built them with room for your feet to swell as you work.

And, they are ugly. They almost remind you of vinyl because they don't crease and wear.

But, for comfort, they are excellent. So, it's your call. I'm keeping mine, but I wish they fit tighter.
on June 25, 2012
These shoes are incredibly comfortable. They arrived faster than I expected. I especially like how the shoes can be purchased in an 'extra-wide' build. -- updated

So, a month or so after I wrote this review I noticed that the sole began to peel... not at all what I expected as I only wore these shoes in the office. I work indoors and walk primarily on carpet...

I expected more from Dickies.
on September 16, 2012
Very well built work shoes, everyone says the look great, really good soles and only time well tell how long they last. Been buying "Bogs" for the last several years but the prices keep going up and up and the quality of them has gone way way way down. These Dickies shoes do run on the wide side (at Least my pair did), so if you have skinny little feet (like Me), they can be sloppy.
on December 3, 2014
 I always wear a size 9.5 (preferably wide) shoe.

BUT these shoes, that ARE labeled '9.5' are WAY to BIG with about one full inch of extra space behind the heel of my 9.5 feet and these Dickies '9.5' shoes will likely fit on a size 10 or even a size 10.5 foot.
I then ordered a size 9 in this same shoe BUT even this is a little loose now that they have broken in a little...

And, to top it off, turns out these '9.5' shoes came from a third party seller called "Outdoor Equipped" with a very stringent return policy.

After requesting this seller to step up to the plate and pay a few dollars for a prepaid return shipping label; the response I got was the following-
"Although buyers leave reviews on how products worked for them, kindly note that fit may vary depending on the style of the item and sometimes by the individual fit itself. With this in mind, we cannot promise that sizing recommendations hold true for everyone, I am really sorry. Our policy is that unless we have made a mistake or a defective item was sent, we cannot authorize a prepaid return label."

SO; it appears this seller refuses to acknowledge this shoe size DEFECT (or even the existence of a commonly accepted shoe sizing system) therefore I have now photo documented this controversy in a short video that I have attached to this review.

The item, itself, is fine. Just beware of possible sizing issues and third party seller customer service and return policies.
And, at time I write this review, the product page has a "Fit as expected" rating currently at only 54%... This means that only about half the customers, who bothered to write a review, actually received shoes that fit as expected.

Amazon, on the other hand, has ALWAYS provided EXCELLENT customer support for nearly 20 years and, yes, Amazon actually did step up to the plate and took care of this customer service issue to help alleviate any customer expenses incurred through no fault of the customer who, in all honestly, merely ordered a pair of 9.5 shoes for his 9.5 feet.

Kindest regards;

PS: HD video is here-
on October 2, 2014
If you like your Bistros, well your a lucky person. They're cheap, they have amazing non-slippness and they last forever. Me? They cause major foot pain and minor back pain, especially around hour 9 of 12.

What's a cook to do? Danskos? I'm no chef, I can't just drop 140 bucks on shoes! Plus, I haven't quite perfected walking on 2 inch heels yet, let alone on a brunch-coated floor.

These seem to be a decent solution. They are genuinely comfortable, especially with some Dr. S gel inserts. They are moderately affordable (generally going for about $45). And if you keep your treads clean, they grip like a sumabitch. (Oh, the looks I get from the dishwashers when I clean my treads in the pit.) Sure they look awful and all of the young cooks and dishwashers will make fun of you, but form follows function. (Plus, who are they to make fun? In my kitchen, 5 of them have been sharing the same two pairs of Bistros for like a year.)

The downside? They aren't exactly long lasting. I probably average a meager 38-44 hours a week, including two fairly brutal brunch services. I probably get about 8 months out of a pair, with their extreme comfort dissipating around month 6 and their grippiness taking a nose dive around month 7.

I haven't found a better solution yet, and for around $70 a year, I'm just fine with this one.
on January 19, 2013
Great work shoes at a very reasonable price. These shoes are very well made and are super comfortable! They are great for work or anytime!

See 1 answered question