Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Size: 36|Color: Brown|Change

on December 14, 2011
This is a great belt. When you consider the value price, it's an outstanding item. 5-stars for sure.

The finish is great. The shade of brown looks great with denim, and also khaki pants.

I noticed others made comments regarding the sizing. I'll add my experience to aid someone who might purchase this: I wear 34 trousers. I ordered the belt as a 36. It's the perfect length. Just enough tab is left over after you buckle to look right. So if your going to order, I'd just add 2 inches onto whatever waist size you normally wear.
33 comments| 194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2012
That's the question my wife asked me when I told her I ordered a belt from Amazon. I replied that they had a free return policy so I took a shot at it. After reading all the reviews trying to determine the quality and what size to order, as many reviewers cautioned that the size stamped on the belt is not the actual length, I decided on ordering a brown, size 36 belt. Here are the real measurements of the belt: it is actually 43" long from front tip of buckle to the end of the belt, 1 1/2" wide, and about an 1/8" thick. There are 5 holes punched in it and I wear it using the second hole from the tip end. My waist size is 38", I hope to lose rather than gain weight <grin>. The brown is a dark chestnut color and looks very nice when worn with jeans, shorts, or chinos. I can't comment yet on its longevity as I just put it on, but it feels very comfortable. I hope it lasts longer than the Lee belt it replaces (I don't recommend it), which BTW, is a size 34 yet they are identical in length. Go figure! FYI, the belt is made in China, not India.

My best guesstimate is that for this belt, the length (including the buckle) is 7" more than the size stamped on the belt, but since the belt overlaps when worn, the belt size should be the actual size your waist measures where the belt will be worn.

I'll try to update this review, after some time of use, to report how it's holding up. It's genuine leather and appears to be good value for the 14.99 price. So far I like it and lucked out on the ordering the right size. Hope this helps to figure out what size to get.

Update 12/27/2012: Well, I'm still on the second hole in, so haven't made much progress there, but it's now been 6 months of use and the belt is "holding up" fine with little to no wear around that hole. Maybe, some time after the holidays I'll get a chance to try hole#3. I would like to get a black one too, but it seems to only come in brown.
11 comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2015
Quality belt, and it fits, but it doesn't look like the belt pictured. The belt pictured looks a little more worn in and leathery, the belt I got looks like a sterile version of this. The buckle is not antique like pictured, mine is almost black. The outer leather is a very dark brown as well, and feels almost plastic-y.
review image
on August 25, 2011
This belt is very strong and goes well with all the jeans and shorts. Be careful while ordering it as the length mentioned is the length of the whole belt and not based on your waist size. Luckily, i had read some reviews and ordered the correct size.

-PS
11 comment| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2012
I just got my belt a few days ago! I have only worn it a few times so far, I am very pleased. The shade of brown is perfect. It goes well with everything. I like that the metal isn't flashy, that is a huge plus. Over all it is a very simple, stylish belt for every day.

I am a 30-32 waist and the size 36 is perfect. Thanks to all the other reviews that helped me make this decision. (:
on September 29, 2011
Im a 34 i ordered a 38 and im glad i did because it is the perfect fit and i can go up or down 1 notch which is all i need and i don't have a lot of left over belt hanging out just the right amount. hope this helps with sizing questions as for quality, it looks like really nice durable leather with nice color on the buckle.
on January 26, 2011
I bought this as a gift for my husband, never having seen one in person, and was really happy with how durable and stylish it is. I was worried it might be a little wide (too high for belt loops), but it fits and he actually really likes it! very happy with the belt, the price, and the quick ship time.
on November 23, 2011
Looks like a good belt. But sizing may be impossible over teh Interwebz. Some reviewers noted that the size wasn't a waist size, but an actual length. Since my waist is about 35 inches, I ordered the 38. Wrong-O. It's about 42 inches long, clearly made for someone with a 38 inch waist, in other words, the size number seems true to waist size fitted, not length.

I'll need to return, alas, which is too bad, as it seems a perfectly fine, servicable, presentable belt. I can't stand the idea of shelling out $80 for a hunk of leather, which everyone else charges, so if you can get the right size and aren't a snob, this should work for you.
on August 14, 2015
Received this as a gift last Christmas (2014), and less than a year later it has become useless. Fit well the first few months, but has become useless since (and no, my weight/waist has not changed). I have an office/desk-job and thus don't put any significant amount of strain on it.
To add to my disappointment, Just learned that Dickies imports this product from India. I was always under the impression that their products were made in the USA.
review image review image
on April 15, 2011
It feels like real leather; it wears like real leather; it looks like real leather....its a real leather. I love this BELT. I have always contemplated changing my previous belts. When they started falling apart on me, i came on Amazon and its been a blessing. I wish i had done this earlier. Highly recommend this belt to everyone and just for the record, i bought about 2-3 different types so i can switch back and forth instead of using one belt all the time like i did previously.