4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect for retail
I'm a retail manager and find these to be almost perfect. First, the quibbles.

1) The front pockets are too shallow. Not by much, but they could stand an extra 1-3 inches in depth.

Published on September 26, 2011 by Daniel LeBoeuf

3.0 out of 5 stars not too bad
good pants, after like a month or two of wearing them, i liked everything but one thing-they are tight as HELL around the waist. im not a gangsta-pants style junkie, and i sure as hell dont do the steve irkell thing. i actually thought they would require a belt for me to wear (im like a slim 32" or somethin) but WOW i had to cut the sides so the pants werent pinching my...
Published on October 8, 2009 by C. Bit In The Jungle

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect for retail, September 26, 2011
I'm a retail manager and find these to be almost perfect. First, the quibbles.

2) There's no place for a keyring. Retail managers carry keys and have to use them all the time, so we like them convenient. I'm one of those who likes to wear them on their belt loops, but the loops are too wide for a standard carabiner style clip. In lieu of narrower belt loops, which I don't favor, how about a key ring loop sewn in somewhere?

3) Do you have to put your red label on the front left knee of these? If I don't cut it off, people tell me I have something on my pants.

Now the good stuff. Double knees make this pants much more durable and protective. It's not uncommon for me to be on my knees rearranging stock like cases of water or soda, or kneeling down to clean up broken glass. I like the heavy knee areas, and have yet to find significant wear on even my first pair of these pants that is now some five years old.

The loose fit allows for freedom of movement and some air flow.

I wash my pants before wearing them, and the noticeable stiffness reported in other reviews is largely removed after one wash. After a few wearings and washings, these may become your most comfortable pants. I've not noticed the odor others report.

The double knee panel prevents these from being mistaken for dress slacks, nor will they be mistaken for cargo pants. They're clearly designed to work and work hard while looking professional. The slash pocket at the right knee is perfect for box cutters and other small items that are used constantly - I keep my keys in here most times.

Once I found these, I stopped looking for other work pants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Comfortable, Stain Resistant, Excellent, February 10, 2008
I've been wearing the Dickies double-knee work pant for about 5 years now and wouldn't trade them for the world. Unlike normal khakis, these pants are highly durable, extremely comfortable with extra room in the legs, they do not suffer from static cling, and they repel stains expertly. What I like best, though, is that they look nice enough for wearing in a business casual environment, while standing up to the wear and tear of work requirements.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - but beware of the big issue, November 28, 2013
My favorite work pant. Breathes nicely. Wears well. Washes up nicely, retaining color. Doesn't harbor funky smells. Quality zipper/hardware. Cut correctly (see below)

Cons: You can order 10 pairs of 34 x 32 and you may receive 3-4 countries of origin. Each country has a different idea of what size 34 means. Meaning the Mexican made pair will fit correctly, but the Honduras pair will be too tight. If you get the Nicaragua made pants, they may be too big. Sizing is all over the map/place. There needs to be MUCH tighter quality control.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but I'm picky, August 21, 2008
I work outside in the heat and these are much cooler than jeans. The multi-use side pocket is a bit below my hand. These have no coin pocket. Also, since the front pockets are cut more vertical than jeans, the set of keys I have hanging from my belt don't stay in the pocket all the time. Not perfect, but when trying to stay cool while working outside in 100 degree heat, they sure beat jeans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pants, February 19, 2007
Great pants. I bought these in a variety of colors and I am very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable / Comfortable / Funtional, January 28, 2007
These are the perfect work pants.

They are roomy, they look good and they are sturdy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, July 24, 2012
All these people who rate it one star don't know quality. Dickie's are Dickie's and these are the goods. You buy dickies because you know how cool they are and the style you roll.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these pants!, January 7, 2008
Nikdonbon (Harrisville Ut) - See all my reviews
My husband has now had 2 pairs of these pants we got these because the others wore out after wearing them as work pants for 2-3 years. He wears them everyday. He loves them and says that they are very comfortable

5.0 out of 5 stars Dickies., March 25, 2014
What is there to say, probably the best work pants for a mechanic or technician out there. If you need more pockets or something with more support at the hips, there might be something else worth looking at, but I don't even wear a belt with these and they are supper comfortable and last a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the most durable, but the biggest bang for your buck., March 12, 2014
Dickies is a great supplier for work pants, even though their durability has dropped off quite a bit over the years, they are still fantastic for the price.

Dickies Men's Loose Fit Double Knee Work Pant