4.0 out of 5 stars Great shorts, true fit
Published on March 20, 2012 by Joey Joe Joe Jr. Shabadoo

1.0 out of 5 stars Two Different Styles Being Sold
Published 15 months ago by JustMe

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shorts, true fit, March 20, 2012
This review is from: Dickies Men's 13 Inch Loose Fit Multi-Pocket Work Short (Apparel)
Okay, folks, there is something you need to keep in mind when buying shorts or trousers. Most companies label a waist size as two to four inches smaller than your actual waist size. That is, your waist may be 40 inches, but when you go to Old Navy, their size 38 or even 36 may be what fits you. It makes you feel better about shopping there, because it makes you feel thin. Dickies, though, makes clothing for work uniforms, so an HR rep will take a worker's measurements and then order clothing accordingly. So when you buy these shorts, take your actual waist measurement OR order two to four inches bigger. I ordered four inches larger than the jeans I bought from Old Navy, and these shorts are a PERFECT fit. Wonderful. A bit baggy, which is cool with me, and they're really sharp looking. The colors are deeply saturated and vibrant, and the fabric, while stiff, is soft on my legs. It's not a bad idea to get yourself a Dickies belt, either, because a lot of belts designed for jeans won't fit through the Dickies belt loops. The Dickies belt also helps to keep the waistband from folding down.

Also, I was sceptical of the cell phone pocket, but it really is quite useful. In short (no pun intended) I give my wholehearted endorsement to these shorts. I bought three pairs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent pair of cell phone work shorts!, May 10, 2007
I got a pair of these cell phone work shorts last summer and they are absolutely great for the summer. I especially like the length of the shorts, the 13 inch inseam goes just below my knees which is great because i just hate how some of my old shorts were just too short. Plus the cell phone pocket is extremely useful especially when i'm in the car and the phone goes off. My regular pocket just makes it too difficult to reach the phone but the cell phone pocket is perfect. If you are planning on getting a pair of these shorts get it from this seller. They have quick and reliable shipping for most of the colors. By the way i also got a pair of the Dickies 874 Work pant the same time and they are equally great. Dickies 874 Original Work Pants in Many Colors

5.0 out of 5 stars Dickies 13" Work Short, June 2, 2009
Purchased these work sorts for my husband. He "loves" them, says they are very comfortable and they look nice also. Really likes the cell phone pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bargain, April 28, 2009
Excellent value for the price. The fit was true to size. The shorts, although sturdy, are very comfortable to wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Dickies, March 26, 2013
I love the fit and durability of Dickies shorts. They cover my knee and will last for years and years. People need to understand that these are going to be long shorts. That's the Dickie's style and they will be a bit stiff at first. They're made for work and they are made very well for this purpose. They will break in and soften up after a few laundry cycles and be the best shorts you've ever owned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two Different Styles Being Sold, November 6, 2013
If you purchase from Amazon as a seller, you're getting the correct pair, what's listed on this page. Those are great shorts. Fit is good, they're comfortable and look good. They're somewhat stiff shorts, but not bad at all, and they loosen up as washed and worn. If you purchase from the 3rd-party seller I did, you will get what seems to be 11" shorts with no side pocket as is shown on one of the pictures. These shorts fit about the same but they are WAY less comfortable. They are extremely stiff. Even just putting your hands in the pockets you can feel the difference, as the material in the pockets feels more like cardboard. The 13" shorts come down just over my knees, which I got used to and was part of the reason I wanted more. The 11" are above my knees. I ordered four pairs at the same time, two from amazon prime and two from the other seller (those colors weren't available in prime). It appears that the third party seller is all the ones listed by size with a "W" after the number. I suggest avoiding those, they're not what is advertised here. I'm giving one-star because of the misinformation and the fact that the W's are horrible. I'll edit if I ever notice they've corrected the listing.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAVORITE WEAR-LIKE-IRON SHORTS, September 8, 2013
Well made, good fitting shorts that always look trim, clean. A favorite that come out of the wash and dry cycles looking new, for a long time. Useful pocket arrangement.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dickies sizing, September 7, 2012
I have used Dickies mens work pants for the restaurants I have worked at for many years and their sizing is always wrong. I have worn 34" waist in them for awhile like all my other shorts/pants but when ordering the red shorts it was like I was trying to fit into pants i wore in H.S. and that was 15 years ago at a 30" waist. Also when they say a 13" inseem, ya if itis measured 13" below ur crotch. the dude in the pic for the shorts must be 8' tall!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dickies Work Shorts, April 25, 2009
Item came quickly to shipping address. Product is strong material and will last a long time .

5.0 out of 5 stars Product exactly as described, arrived quickly, July 12, 2014
bemused (Hillsboro, Oregon) - See all my reviews
Only problem I have with these shorts is that they are significantly smaller than similar Dickies shorts I purchased at the same time. Not the fault of the retailer... but I wish that Dickies was more consistent in their sizing. I know, I know... I've seen this come up plenty of times before, w/ different styles from the same brand -- I only have myself to blame for not buying these shorts, at least once, in a brick & mortar store where I could try 'em on.