4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, medium-weight work pants
I got these for my carpentry projects; they are decent, medium-weight work pants that are on the low-rise side...they sit lower, on my hip, more than most work pants I have that rest on the waist. Made in Mexico, of strong, triple-stitched 100% "Duck Cloth" Cotton. They seem to be on the snugger side, so you should err in favor of the next size up if you're unsure.
Published on October 24, 2008 by Pietro

2.0 out of 5 stars Small
Order a larger size than normal... I always fit into 34 x 34 but I could not get these pants up... I want to try a 36x34. I don't understand how they could fit different than other dickies pants.
Published 20 months ago by Skleathers

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, medium-weight work pants, October 24, 2008
Pietro (Fairfield, CT) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent customer service, January 19, 2009
This vendor is awesome.. they delivered exactly when they said they would and the pants are of an exceptional quality. Very pleased.

2.0 out of 5 stars Small, March 21, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pants for the money, plus hard to find sizes, November 1, 2013
I bought these after looking all over the place for black pants in my size (36x36) hoping that they would fit seeing as how I can't really try them on...
They came on time and the fit was a bit large but that is how I wanted them, I use them for riding my motorcycle and needed the longer length to be sure my ankles were covered. Good overall quality not to thick and nice relaxed fit.
Now I am just hoping they stay a nice dark black color after a few washes.
I purchased for $25 with free shipping and thought that was fairly reasonable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pants!!, August 13, 2012
This review is from: Dickies Men's Relaxed Fit Duck Carpenter Jean (Apparel)
I have several pairs in different colors. Very tough work or casual jeans/pants. I love easy care stuff-- I wear 'em on all day doing whatever I need to get done, wash 'em and never worry about tearing or staining them and the pants last a while. When they go on sale stacked with a discount code (which you can get almost anytime), you can get them inexpensive from Dickies.

I normally wear a 32/33W with a 34" inseam. The 33x32's fit for me are spot on without the pants being too snug or too short.

However, if you aren't slim build or have bigger thighs I can see where these can get snug and not fit comfortably. Best to try them on locally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the competition, February 23, 2014
This review is from: Dickies Men's Relaxed Fit Duck Carpenter Jean (Apparel)
I need work pants that can go from getting on a plane, meeting a client, to walking through a sewer, to back on the plane and home again. I've gone from khakis to the major maker of work wear to some others, to finally settle on these for a number of reasons.
1) The double layer leg pocket on the right leg holds my cell phone, two sharpies, and I can clip a flashlight in there; all without sagging. The pocket is snug, so I don't worry about things falling out. A small digital camera can fit there too if I really need it.

2) Durable. I don't worry that I'll rip the crotch or tear out a knee only to have to hit a store on the way back to the airport as I have with some other maker's pants. I have a three-year old pair that has been sprayed with bleach solution a few times (drinking water tanks), dragged through mud and rocks (planting trees at home), and worn to hundreds of job sites. This same pair went on a plane just last week because they still looked good enough for the job at hand. That is some serious durability. Bleach a normal pair of jeans and they'll come out of the wash in shreds. Heavy duty.

3) Price. You see that price? You could pay triple for something half as strong, but why?

4) Appearance: The desert sand could pass as chinos in a pinch, I once tossed a casual brown sport coat on with a dark shirt for a high level meeting and no one said a thing (then again, I smelled terrible after spending four hours in a 12' diameter, 100-year old sewer, so maybe I was sick). The brown duck is my favorite normal color as it goes with a polo or a dark button-down and dirt doesn't show. I've never tried the dark brown because my wife says it won't go with any of my shirts and she's pretty and smart so I take her advice seriously.

So that sums up my view of these pants. I'd rather wear shorts, a t-shirt and cheap flippy-floppies to work and have a rum-based umbrella drink in my hand, but until the safety and marketing guys sign off on that uniform, Dickies pants do the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Work Pant Similar to Carhartt, October 13, 2013
I have used these pants for construction work for 3 years now, and I think they're the best thing out there for the money. The seat fits SNUG (just like a regular-fit Levis, Wrangler, etc), however the legs are RELAXED. This is a good combination for a work pant. I prefer these to Carhartt because the legs on the Dickies are 1" slimmer than a Carhartt Dungaree (18" compared to 19") and give a much more stylish fit. These are about as durable as you're gonna get for the money, mine can last a year of continuous wear if I don't wash them too often and try not to sit on my knees. Beware of the "sanded duck" version of this product: it is much less durable.

UPDATE: I gave these 5 stars because I can't believe they are still only $25

2.0 out of 5 stars Not true to size, February 5, 2010
Joelle Danae "Jules" (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is our second of these pants. Not sure what's going on, but they seem to be the same work pants my husband buys at the local store. However the store and even online these "Dickie Ducks" aren't readily available. We tried the 36 waist, way too big. So we tried the 34 waist way too small. what's the deal. 36's are normally what fit him just right. Sure wish they would have worked. It's costing me a fortune in shipping, so I give them only a 2 star rating because the sizing is so off from "normal."

5.0 out of 5 stars nice pants. same as carharts, November 3, 2013
Greatpants. They are the same quality as the carharts at a fraction of the price. Perfect for my husband for work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good pants, July 15, 2013
TyCarp (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dickies Men's Relaxed Fit Duck Carpenter Jean (Apparel)
I love these pants. They fit much better than Carhartt(I thought Carhartts fit well until I tried these). I place my cell phone in the side pocket and my work ID badge in the smaller pocket beside that one. I normally wear 33w jeans but had to go 34w on these and they're still maybe a hair tighter than my 33 jeans. They rest lower than Carhartts, more like a normal pair of jeans, which I like a lot. All around great pair of work pants. I have two pairs, ordering 3 more tonight. The blue color is by far my favorite color in these.

Dickies Men's Relaxed Fit Duck Carpenter Jean