4.0 out of 5 stars SHORTS
Published on February 20, 2011 by Alan

2.0 out of 5 stars Too tight (-1 or -2 inches from standard sizes)
I am a size 32 and I have bought several 32-inch shorts and pants from Amazon and UrbanOutfitters before. This pair of shorts was too tight to be a standard 32 and was probably closer to 30, and they didn't stretch with use. I recommend adding 1 or 2 inches to whatever size you're looking for.
Published on August 16, 2011 by Sari

4.0 out of 5 stars SHORTS, February 20, 2011
I always enjoy wearing shorts and dickies makes the longest lasting ones. The trade off is the material is rough but after a few years of washing it will start to soften up. My last pair lasted me 8 years. The fitment is not too great I like my shorts to hang on the hips but the measurements are exactly waist. So I am a size 30 and ended up getting a 32 because I want it to sit lower. It also has well constructed pockets and plenty of them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too tight (-1 or -2 inches from standard sizes), August 16, 2011
This review is from: Dickies Mens 13 Inch Relaxed-Fit Multi-Pocket Short (Apparel)

2.0 out of 5 stars Look out for size problems!, June 9, 2012
I have a 32" waist, which many, many pairs of jeans and shorts can testify to, if asked. These shorts, I ordered in a 32", and they did not come even close to fitting. They couldn't have had any bigger than a 29" waist. So, be warned.

I have short legs, so I expected them to be slightly long on me, which they were. The length in the picture is probably fairly accurate for the average man's leg. Just watch out for the waist.

As for quality, I can't comment on that, since I wasn't actually able to wear them, on account of their waist size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Danger - Makes one sexier than before, April 30, 2014
My sexiness was multiplied upon the arrival of these shorts. I've started hauling around rotten fruit to keep the ladies away.

2.0 out of 5 stars Way too small, April 11, 2014
David Griffiths (New Westminster, BC) - See all my reviews
The waist was 2 inches too small. I ordered multiple pairs, and they all had the same issue. I would think waist sizing wouldn't be that difficult, but apparently Dickies has difficulty with measuring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shorts, January 4, 2014
I love these shorts. I own several pairs and wear them all the time. The side pocket is perfect for putting my smart phone. Also these shorts are great because they can be dressed up with a nice shirt, are comfortable enough to wear just lazing around and durable enough to last through a summer's worth of yard work.

The only downside is that instead of a button to close them they have a small metal hook and bar closure. I always wear a belt with mine because the hook will sometimes come undone by itself.

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, April 14, 2013
my fiance ordered these not only to have something comfortable to wear at our wedding (its an outside spring wedding)but also to have another pair of dickies shorts. literally the ONLY thing he doesnt like about them, is the metal clasp instead of a button. other reviews are right, order the next sixe up and they will fit perfectly :)

5.0 out of 5 stars about to order some more, March 30, 2012
I'm a skinny guy, 5'10", 165 lb. I usually wear a 30, but I wanted these to sit on my hips, and my 32 does that perfectly. The length covers my entire knee cap. The material is rough, but they're work shorts. You can't expect to lounge around the house all day in these. They're meant for manual labor and abuse.

5.0 out of 5 stars I ordered a 42 dicky and they are a little tight I have to suck it in to button lol, July 11, 2014
Be careful when ordering these if I order a 42 in levies they are huge on me. I ordered a 42 dicky and they are a little tight I have to suck it in to button lol

3.0 out of 5 stars tight squeeze, August 27, 2014
I wear many different pairs and cuts of shorts, and all of my others are 40 waist and loose. These 'relaxed' fit 40's are closer to a 38 maybe even a 36. Definitely order a size larger if you like having a pulse past your hips.

They lost star two because when they came out of the packaging, they were so stiff they literally stood on their own after unfolding. Three washes with extra fabric softener have barely made them flexible at all, so I'm guessing it will be a long break in period.

Dickies Mens 13 Inch Relaxed-Fit Multi-Pocket Short