5.0 out of 5 stars Bought these for the side zip feature...
Published 21 months ago by Trust but Verify

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok light boot with a zip up side
Note: they may be sized large. I always take a 9 reg in everything and I had to drop down to a 8.5.

Even the 8.5 seems to have a room in it, especially above your foot. And there's minimal cushioning under your feet.

I solved these issue by putting insoles from a pair of running shoes and now they seem to fit and feel pretty well.

Seems...
Published 18 months ago by T. Kirkpatrick

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought these for the side zip feature..., December 26, 2012
Bought these for the side zip feature and was not disappointed. Easy on and off saves time when I take off my boots to put on riding apparel. As riding boots they are not perfect, as the rubber soles sometimes have a little too much traction on asphalt. On the other hand, be careful on wet slick cement, as there are surfaces on which the soles are as slippery as a pair of flip flops. Other boots I've owned with this kind of "high arch" combat style sole have also had these shortcomings, so be aware of how your boots react on different surfaces. Overall the boots are sturdy, well made, and provide comfortable ankle support. The positives at a reasonable price got my 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth the money, March 23, 2013
Quality on these boots are inferior. I received these on a Monday afternoon, put them on Tuesday morning for work and the tongue of the boot came out in my hand. I inspected the other boot and found the tongue is just "tacked" in by three separate small clusters of stitches with gaps in between. These boots would never withstand normal everyday use and last any longer than a month. I returned them immediately. Amazon's shipping and return process were extremely simple and efficient.

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok light boot with a zip up side, March 5, 2013
T. Kirkpatrick (Pocono Mountains, PA USA) - See all my reviews

Seems pretty water resistant, but I'm guessing it'll leak some at the zipper under water.

So, a decent, lightweight, easy on & off boot for the price that may need an insole for better fit and feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boot's!, November 12, 2012
I am really enjoying these boots. They fit comfortably, little wear in. I love the side zipper. Very convenient. Only con would be I wish they had a way to secure the tongue to the laces so it would stay out of the way of the zipper but this is a very minor flaw. They look good also.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality, April 10, 2014
This review is from: Dickies Men's Spear 8'' Side Zip Boot (Apparel)
As others have written here, these boots have a really poor build quality. I got them out of the box and put the left one on first. After I got my foot in, I pulled on the tongue which had gathered up inside the boot. When I pulled on it, I heard ripping fabric. Sure enough, the stitching on the tongue had given way exposing the stuffing inside the tongue.

On the plus side, Amazon has been simple and easy re: returning them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seams falling apart, March 10, 2014
I have wore these for two days. First day, paperwork at a desk, loved em. Second day, actual patrol work, in and out of car multiple times. The right boot side zipper split, was easy to fix, zip down and then back up. Shift wasn't even over when I noticed the seam stitching near the side zipper on the left was starting to break apart. Good example of you get what you pay for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 7 Months, December 9, 2013
Bill (Tennessee) - See all my reviews
I work 12 hour shifts 14 days per month. I just ordered a new pair of boots. These are falling apart both inside and out. I know they were not high priced boots, but a year would have been sufficient.

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete loss., November 16, 2013
The sole of the left boot split at the instep with several large fissures. Chunks of the sole also were lost. The sole of the right boot remained intact. I noticed the damage after about six weeks, but I hadn't worn the boots over 30 hours total.

5.0 out of 5 stars penawesome boot, December 25, 2012
My hubby was totally thrilled when he opened these boots Christmas morning. These are super-high-quality boots with his favorite...the side zipper opening. After wearing a pair like these, you don't want any other. Soooo very glad I purchased these and soooo glad for Amazon!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS ADVERTISED!!!!!!!!, August 23, 2014
Just received these... NOT AS ADVERTISED!!! I ordered these boots specifically because they were advertised as being both waterproof and steel toe, with an slip resistant sole and a tactical leather style. Aside from being inexpensive, ya were the only boots I could find that met my criteria. I open the box and find that in addition to shoddy workmanship, the boots are neither waterproof, steel-toe, or leather. There are obvious cracks where the vinyl upper meets the rubber lower. I have owned boots of this type since high school. Well be returning for Bates boots in an equivalent price range.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›