Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dickies Men's Relaxed Straight Fit Cargo Work Pant, Dark Navy, 34x30
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 34W x 30L|Color: Dark Navy|Change

on January 30, 2013
I have a lot of old Dickies pants so I was very disappointed when I did not like these pants. There is only one glaring problem. The FLY is to small, it only unzips about 3 inches. I am not fond of having to drop my pants to take a whiz.
on October 6, 2012
I am personally satisfied with these pants. They fit me well and look good. But for a "relaxed" fit they are very slim and there is not a lot of extra room (especially in the seat). If you are a fuller figure person you may want to go with the loose fit cargo pant.
on February 21, 2014
If you want your pants made from material that caresses your skin, then opt for expensive cargo pants with designer labels.

These cargo pants by Dickies are not buttery soft. Instead, they're made of material that is tough enough to withstand rigorous working conditions. Also, don't expect form-fitting lines to make you look sexy. These pants are - as described - a relaxed cut that allows room for the butt and the boys as you bend, stretch, crouch, and kneel to get a job done. The cotton-poly blend is also wrinkle-free compared to 100% cotton pants. No ironing required - even right out of the clothes dryer, these pants will look good enough for casual wear.

As for sizing, some of the earlier reviews had me concerned, but I ordered 36x30 - exactly what I needed - and that is exactly what I got. So far, I am totally satisfied with the comfort, appearance, and fit of these cargo pants. If time reveals problems, I'll come back to update this review.
on June 12, 2014
I have a 38 waist. I ordered a size 40. Even that is tight! I wanted a slightly loose fit...

I believe what's going on at Dickies is that the grand kids sorta kinda run the business and derive an income from it.
However, they really don't know much about it! As long as they follow the ground rules and use tried and true methods and patterns they're set.

This approach does not allow for much innovation nor change. Tired old product lines with odd features that are never updated is the result.
So this is the reason for odd sizing, small pockets and stale styles.

If you can put up with peculiar features or you can try on their stuff in an actual store you are gambling getting the right garment.

Now for the good, there is some, the fabrics and construction are very good. The fabric is very stiff and tough. The stitching is very precise and reliable. The colors last a while. Four stars for that. One star off for stodgy shop worn management.

6 17 2014 Edit: Machine washed and dried twice. Little if any shrinkage. Color is beginning to fade a little [not a bad thing]. Fabric softens a little each wash.

Just buy a waist size UP and be prepared for some subtle differences.

7 8 2014 Edit: Washed four more times. Slowly getting rid of creases. Fabric softens a little more each wash. NO shrinkage! LOVE the leg pockets even if the other pockets are small. Those leg pockets take two or three pounds out of my pack!

Less and less "stove pipe" effect of stiff fabric. These pants mellow with time.
on October 11, 2012
The trousers are well designed except for being much too small. I ordered a 32 waist and probably would need a 34 to fit. The same day I ordered similar trousers from another website, also 32, and they fit just fine so I know I didn't suddenly grow. Also, the other website sent the pants with a return label and envelope in case they didn't fit. Of course I didn't need to return them. But the Amazon Dickies had no return sticker or any easy way to return, so I'll donate them to Salvation Army. Lesson learned.
on December 29, 2015
I own several Dickie cargo pants. This design is clearly for "workers". The material is very strong and somewhat stiff, rather than having the softer feel of other cotton/poly Dickie cargo pants. I'm pretty sure these will be extremely durable. Perhaps they will be more comfortable after many washing cycles. They are strong and tough, and I'm sure they will survive pretty much anything. For my use however, I wish they didn't feel like Kevlar. There's lots of room with these. Compared to my other Dickie cargo pants, these don't have the cell-phone pocket. They use a metal attaching clip to fasten the pants rather than a button like my other Dickie cargo pants.
on October 29, 2015
Oooooh Dickies work pants. Time tested... torture tested... style tested... what can I say? You really can't go wrong with these pants. Sturdy, rugged, and built to last. I've been wearing Dickies for years. I just recently grabbed a bunch of different colors outside of the normal Khaki, Black, and Navy Blue. They pair great with polos, t shirts, and button ups. Throw on a pair of canvas shoes, Chucks preferably, and you will look and feel comfortable. Don't delay, grab a pair.
on January 7, 2016
I bought these for my brother who wanted a pair of navy blue cargo pants which were low maintenance right out of a suitcase since he travels so often. I must say at first when the package arrived, I was shocked at how stiff and slmost scratchy feeling they were and I really hadn't noticed when I ordered them that they are cotton blend twill not %100 cotton. I wasn't even going to wrap to give as a gift but decided to go ahead and give them anyway. He too remarked at how stiff they seemed, but tried them on and he really liked the fit and length and we we both thinking they'd soften with washing and we were right. After one wash, they softened noticable and still retained a crisp pressed look which is what he was hoping for. Excellent purchase, don't hesitate. You can't beat the price! And trust me I looked everywhere for navy blue cargos
on June 22, 2016
I had to try 3 different sizes before finding the correct fit. Luckily Amazon has a no-hassle return policy. Once I had the correct waist & length zeroed in, I ordered 3 more pair. These are well made work pants, and definitely made to last. I like the pockets on the side because I can put wallet and other personal items there rather than having to sit on them. I also know they won't fall out when I'm climbing on aircraft, which is important on the flight line where I work. These are also a much more comfortable fit than the standard company issues they throw at us. With those I need a 36 waist; with these the size 34 is fine. Also the length is a true 34 and not shortened. Overall, I'm happy with them and will buy more if these ever wear out (might be retired by then!). Some might feel these are a bit heavier than needed, but I like them that way. Durable. And you'll appreciate them in cold weather. I sure do.
on September 4, 2015
These pants are exactly what you expect from Dickies: they're durable, they fit well, look sharp and are easy to maintain. They're reinforced at the right spots. The pockets are deep & durable. There's ample space in the crotch and the cuffs fit over boots fine.