Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dickies Men's Relaxed Straight Fit Double Knee Work Pant, Steel Gray, 42x30
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 14, 2014
Positives:
Resist fading
Extra pockets

Negatives:
A bit too large, and their non relaxed fit is a bit too small. Wish there was an "in between" size
Material extremely stiff, takes several washes to break in

Did I mention how durable these pants are? I've own some of them for 7-8 years and have only torn one pair on an extremely sharp piece of metal that would have given me stitches had it not been for these pants. Pants were still wearable afterwards on top of that.
on July 12, 2014
I had read that they run somewhat small and this seems to be true - NOT small enough that the did not fit mind you, but they were just a bit tighter than the rest of my pants in the same size. Double knee will save me on these as this is always what seems to rip first. Material seems a bit stiff and rugged, but in a good way. Even the pockets are made of a more rugged material than most pants.

I bought these as well as well as the "P856DS Polyester/ Cotton Relaxed Fit Men's Premium Industrial Double Knee Pant with Straight Leg" to see which one I liked better as they appeared to be so similar - and they are AMOST the same. Belt loops, waste band, no button (little dress-slacks metal latch /hook thing) and oddly enough, the others had a small portion of the double knee bottom stitching open in the middle for some reason when these did not. Ultimately I think I like these better, but the differences are small.
on January 4, 2016
My pants were made in Honduras.

The waist is tight... I have a 30-31" waist, and wear a 32" for comfort. In pretty much every pair of pants this requires me to wear a belt because through weight of a phone, keys, wallet, knife, flashlight, variance in sizing, etc. it's always a safe bet to go slightly larger. However in these pants the waist is tight... not to the point of bursting buttons [or metal clasp in this case] but to the point where I'm 100% certain that I wouldn't need a belt when wearing these. Also it's a little short subsequently the fit between the crotch and waist seems very short. Not the point of crunching the boys and it's not like I stole my sister's jeans... but I prefer a little more room in that area. It could be that I'm used to wearing pants with a gusseted crotch so it may just be that I'm not quite used to wearing "normal" pants.

With that being said the length of the legs is spot on. Due to the relaxed fit it's comfortable when moving, crouching, etc. I work in a distribution environment so I'm never in a static position so pants that can move with me without any sort of binding is crucial to all day comfort. The double knee is perfect for not only a small measure of protection, but also the longevity of the pants.

All in all I'm happy with the pants but due to the small waist I'm knocking it 1 star.
on May 15, 2016
and the length issue could be attributable to my growth over the years, I'm not sure. The last time I bought this pair was at a local Dickies store in Santee, CA where I could easily determine fit, and I did order the same size this time. But for whatever reason they're a smidge too long. It's not a showstopper, but slightly annoying.

The pockets aren't as shallow as the photo makes them seem, either.
on May 25, 2016
Great pants. Love them, now that I found their size is 2 inches more in the waist. Love them but golly whiz, hey you could have spent an extra 10 cents on another inch of zipper though. You know, splurge for a third inch on that zipper. Two inches of zipper is kinda rediculous.
on April 24, 2016
Maybe I'm just getting older, but I remember Dickies back in the day used to be really small and tight. Hence my decision to go with the relaxed straight fit. The waist still fits fine, but the legs seem really big and wide compared to relaxed fit Levi's or Lee's Jeans. Not a huge complaint though, as these are definitely more comfortable than those. Just not what I'm used to anymore I suppose.

Durability-wise, these feel like they should definitely hold up just as well as any other jeans I normally use for work. The double knee is definitely a plus as that is always an area that wears out first for me. Great work pants, although next time, I may try the normal fit instead of the relaxed.
on July 23, 2016
These fit just as we expected. My hubby appreciates the reenforced knees & convenient pockets, but dislikes the wide belt loops. ( We're washing them several times to try to get them a bit softer, also, as they are really stiff.
on May 9, 2016
Not sure why Dickies can't measure their pants like every other manufacturer does, but I went up in size from my normal, actual size twice, and STILL these pants were so small. Do I really need to buy Dickies 3 times larger than my size? Ridiculous.
on June 20, 2015
I bought these for my son for work.. hes thinner so these were way to baggy. wish they made these in a reg fit. i tried all the different size types and all were off. but for me 230lb 6'2 they work great I'm up and down from floor doing service all day and they hold up. EVERYTHING wears.. for the price 20ish $ & free shipping I have had 5 pair for over a year and i think ill get another year or 2 possibly. Dockers even the thicker one's at 50$, destroyed in less then 6 months.
on December 10, 2015
While dickies are great workpants and they hold up very well, their sizing is way off from regular jeans/pants. Plus these have the hook and eye closure, which lasts 6 months to a year. And end up falling off.