5.0 out of 5 stars Too slim, or not too slim? That is the question
I have owned dickies in the past, but for some reason I always owned the larger, baggier versions, and so I stopped owning them as I grew out of that look.

Published 9 months ago by Colin St. John

3.0 out of 5 stars Nut Squeezer
I wear 30 x 30 but I believe that I need to go a little longer on the length as it tends to be a little too snug on my nuts. But other that that the colour is excellent and the material is great.
Published 19 months ago by Dan

3.0 out of 5 stars Nut Squeezer, May 6, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Too slim, or not too slim? That is the question, March 19, 2014

I currently work in a restaurant where I am required to wear black pants, and I used to wear cheap walmart slacks everyday, but these have become my new favorite. They have a good straight leg shape that also gives an indirect recognition that you do indeed have a butt, but without over announcing it like a pair of tight jeans would. The waist felt slightly snug the first time I wore them, but since then they have felt very comfortable. Depending on the pants, I wear either a 32 or 33 waist, but as 32s, these have a nice slim fit to them that won't allow them to sag, which is perfect for running back and forth at work. I'm 5'11" and 175 lbs, and the fit feels great on my legs as well. The material is very sturdy, as anybody who has worn dickies before would know, and therefore can withstand a good amount of abuse.

There seems to be some conflicting opinions in the reviews regarding the fit of these pants - perhaps I can clarify. They are not slim fit in the sense that a modernly fashionable young man may think. By this I mean that they are not skinny jeans, they are not your girlfriends jeans, and they are not super butt hugging cowboy pants. They are, however, slim fit in a sense that a modern businessman may think, who can discern the difference between a casual style slack pant and a slim fit slack pant. In other words, there is definitely going to be some room between your legs and the pants, but they won't appear baggy. They'll look much more like straight leg jeans.

I give these five stars as they perfectly fulfill my needs. They are not my favorite pants by any means, and I personally would very rarely wear them to any place except for work. But, I still do wear them almost every day, they are very reliable, and I am very happy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old School Dickies, Slightly Modified, December 27, 2012
I have a short inseam. If you have one too, then you you know difficult it can be to find pants that really fit.

I used to wear regular Dickies in middle and high school. I loved them except they wore a little high in the waist and low in the crotch. But these are much better! They were designed for me!!

I'm 5'7" @ 145lbs and wear a 32Wx30L, and these fit great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a slim fit at all, but I guess the world of work pants is a bit different., December 17, 2012
There aren't really many work pants out there claiming a slim fit, and I understand that the world of work pants is probably a fairly baggy world to begin with. I still had a pretty good chuckle when I put these on and witnessed some designer at Dickies' understanding of the term 'slim fit.' This would clearly be a relaxed, casual fit if it were any of the other pants in my wardrobe. Still, if it's the slimmest thing Dickies offers, it's what I'm stuck with. I wear between a 29 and 30 waist typically, depending on the maker and where the pants sit. These are only available down to 30, and that fits quite loose around my waist, so I would say they run large in addition to not being a particularly slim fit. They are tough pants, though. My photography has me laying on the ground a lot, shifting around on rocks and logs, in places where my everyday trousers would be destroyed in minutes. These guys have held up well, though, put them through quite a bit of torture by now, and they're no worse for the wear. So, given the sorry state of flattering fits in work pants, I'll just cut my losses and be pleased with these, probably (and humorously so) the slimmest work pants around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work pants., January 2, 2012
I love these pants. I use them pretty rigorously and I've yet to see a tear or anything after 6 months. They are comfortable and these pair in particular actually look like nice slacks too. So not only are they durable but look good too. You could wear these to the office and no one would know the difference. Definitely 5 stars and I'll be sure to purchase another pair down the road when these ones finally wear out. (which could be eons) haha just kidding

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected, May 24, 2011
I had never purchased clothing online besides shoe. But my I will be changing that. This pants are great for work and great on your wallet. You can find this at a store and pay more and then more tax. What amazon offers is a great value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good pants, just not for work., August 23, 2013
It didn't mention that they were low-rise pants when I was purchasing them. Not a deal breaker, but I do a lot of moving around at work so I always have to hitch them up afterwards. Also they are quite tight for slim-fit pants. Maybe it's because I run and bike a lot, but they are a little tighter than I'm comfortable with for work. They make great non-work pants, though. I would recommend these, but perhaps not for work unless you sit at a desk all day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Work Pants, August 18, 2013
Love these pants. I work at a restaurant and they are very durable and look good. The only negative is that the crotch area rips apart after a while, due to the fact that I walk a lot at work, so I find myself buying new ones every 4-6 months but for $20 I don't mind much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Style and Fit is Perfect for me, December 21, 2012
I say that this is perfect for me because:

1. I've always wanted slacks that have a belt line that's low on the waist but tight on the groin (like Levis 505's ). And this designs are the ones I've been looking for.

2. The discount (around 50%) that they offered was very hard ignore.

3. I love the way the came up with the 8 pcs, wide, belt slit design. Several jeans/slack nowadays have only 5.

If the seller will offer new colors with this design, at the same discount price, then, I would definitely buy these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Esteban, February 13, 2012
Dickies does it again!

These pants are, of course, very well made. The fabric is a tad thicker than their non-slim counterpart's. When you first receive the pants, they will be a bit stiff. Not to worry! All you have to do is wash them inside out a couple of times with fabric softener. I've been wearing these pants for +-3 days a week for the last year (retail job) or so with little to no fraying or falling apart.

Standard-issue, just as you would expect to receive from Dickies.

A+ would buy again.