Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Super Mario Galaxy forum

Did Anyone Collect the 120 Stars?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 26, 2008 10:09:21 PM PDT
I tried and tried but I only reached 108. It's too difficult. So what will happen if you collect the 120 stars?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2008 1:48:09 PM PDT
Jack Price says:
If you collect all 120 with mario you earn luigi as a playable character. Now you can play as luigi from the beginning with 0 stars and try and collect all 121 now available.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2008 9:24:01 PM PDT
Thanks man. But all of this effort to play Luigi :$ . I thought it would open a new planet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2008 9:29:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2008 9:30:25 PM PDT
Giggles says:
I got up to 115. The most difficult ones for me were the ones you reach after you collect the three green stars as well as the toy time ones purple star mission. I don't remember what the 5th star I couldn't get was but I think it was involving the Prankster Comet not appearing in the place I needed to. I managed to complete the bubble one in the green star area but the rest I didn't have a steady enough hand to stay on the course. But if all you get for collecting all 120 is Luigi as a playable character then that stinks. I'll still try and get them all but I had hoped it'd open a special area such as a new planet or something.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2008 12:23:42 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 17, 2009 6:47:50 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2008 4:47:32 PM PST
I was just wondering if anyone else noticed. Is the cosmic clone faster in the Luigi game that Mario? He just seems like he is using the long jump in certain stages more often than when I beat him as Mario

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008 3:26:24 PM PST
R. Bondada says:
You end the game with absolutely mind blowing graphics for about 10 - 15 minutes and after that Luigi gets unlocked. I know it is not easy to get to all 120 stars. some stars were really tough - especially the dare devil, purple coins and cosmic race stars. But I really enjoyed playing it

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2008 9:57:26 PM PST
M. Freimanis says:
You might be able to search for a video capture of the ending on some video sight. I did that for finding the Good ending to Bioshock (since I was naughty...and Just Once! Ugg...the guy told me to...how was I to know).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2009 11:11:04 PM PST
No. I'm at 50-something. And I've had the game for almost a year This game is difficult. So I don't play it as often as I could. I also play my games in shifts so I don't get bored with one

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2009 4:29:05 PM PDT
golf1052 says:
Im a kid and i got 121 stars with mario and luigi. Took me like a month but i did it. Its not that hard. There first 80 something stars take a couple tries to do. The rest a pretty hard. The boldergist boss daredevil comet drove me crazy but then i found it really easy by using a different tequinque. The other hard ones are the battlerock purple coins and the luigi purple coins. But it is all worth it when you beat the entire game and you get the letter from the staff saying thanks for going through the whole game. Then you realise that people spent lots of time to make those 121 stars and that the game was worth $50

Posted on Jul 10, 2009 7:48:06 PM PDT
I'm at 60 something stars. The game is frustrating beyond belief.

I only play it occasionally because I find that when I suck a certain level, if I wait a month or so, I'm better at it. I tried to beat one stage. Kept playing it for about a month straight, 3 times a day.

So, I gave the game a rest. 3 months later, I beat the stage on my first try

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2009 9:04:53 AM PDT
I haven't collected all the stars, but if you do, you get to play the game as Luigi.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Super Mario Galaxy forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jul 26, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 12, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.6 out of 5 stars (809)