Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole 5 Seasons 2013
Amazon Instant Video
1. Is There a God Particle? Scientists have hunted for a particle to explain how matter came to exist in the universe. In 2012 they found it - the Higgs Boson, the God Particle. But the discovery raises many questions. And what if we owe our existence something else?
2. When Does Life Begin? What defines the beginning of a life? New evidence reveals that inside all of us are traces of cells from our relatives, blurring the lines between one life and another. Technology is now giving birth to new life forms made of surprising components.
3. Can We Survive the Death of the Sun? We are all at the mercy of the Sun: someday, it will bathe us in a fiery, planetary holocaust. How can we survive the death of our star? The technology to move ourselves to Mars or another "Earth" sounds like sci-fi, but almost within our grasp.
4. How Do Aliens Think? By studying the non-humans in our midst, the evolution of human language, and the psychology of super-intelligent beings, scientists are learning how alien minds might function.
5. Will Sex Become Extinct? Every person who has lived was created from the genes of one man and one woman, but human reproduction is about to undergo a revolution. Technology is close to making children from two fathers, or two mothers. If this is the case, will sex become extinct?
6. Can Our Minds Be Hacked? Our minds store our entire lives, our memories and our deepest desires and our brains are biological computers. Could brain hackers someday be able to rewrite our thoughts similar to how computer hackers hack email?
7. Are Robots the Future of Human Evolution? From our smartphones to our cars, we have robots that live and work beside us. We are designing them to think and move on their own. Is it possible that these objects evolve to be smarter than humans or will we choose to merge with the machines?
8. Is Reality Real? Do we live in the "real world" or is it all in our mind? Our perception of reality is controlled by society. Thanks to "the optimism bias", we make unrealistic assessments about our own reality. Human senses capture only a small part of nature.
9. Do We Have Free Will? What if everything that has or will happen has already been determined? Until the discovery of quantum uncertainty, physicists were convinced free will does not exist. Now other scientists have stepped into the fray, arguing that free will is an illusion.
10. Did God Create Evolution? Is life the product of evolution or is it thanks to the guiding hand of God? Believers in Intelligent Design argue complex life could not have evolved randomly. Was life created by evolution, by God or both?
It is a great show because it brings the excitement of science research to a broader audience Very well done.
Beliefs and any question of faiths should not taboo various science topics, look at it in terms of a means of an understanding of how things works on our behalf.
The previous seasons are excellent documentaries and what I have seen in season 4 is just as good if not better.
Very well written and of course, well narrated by the one and only Morgan Freeman. Cutting edge science explained in everyday terms with graphics that keep your visual senses... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Randy Jackman
Excellent presentation of programs you might have missed...Published 4 months ago by Stefan A. Gomez
Great as usual. When ever I find a good subject, I'll buy the episode.Published 4 months ago by John Doe
On one of the many recent cold winter nights in MN we lived it.Published 4 months ago by Felix Stokes
"Ever since I was a little boy, people have enjoyed the sound of my voice..."
It's Morgan Freeman talking about SPACE - this is awesome!
I had seen this episode before and enjoyed it the 2nd time around....MgPublished 4 months ago by mary goldis
This is a great series. Interviews with lots of leading theorists. Although there is a certain amount of "hype" involved, that just adds to the fun ... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Warner Mach