5.0 out of 5 stars Did You Miss Me
This is the latest Karen Rose title and already I cant wait for the next one. As usual she writes a complex story with lots of twists & turns. It wasn't until I was 80% through the book that I decided who the killer was and then I wasn't quite right. This story keeps you on the edge of your seat right until the last page. I highly recomend it to any lover of thrillers!
Published on December 9, 2012 by Ronwyn Proctor

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to like it but.....
I'm giving up...usually I finish a book in two days, but I've been struggling to get half-way through this one for a week. It just goes on and on with page-fillers that are uninteresting and add nothing to the story. I just want it to stop! Sorry I pre-ordered it.
Published 23 months ago by HaviLover

5.0 out of 5 stars Did You Miss Me, December 9, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting suspense, February 6, 2013
This is a spine tingling suspense novel with a mystery that lasts until the very last page. The heroine is a prosecutor and you assume that the bad guy who kidnapped her son is one of the family members of the man she has just put in prison. Although this family is evil and certainly causes a large amount of trouble the true mystery is rooted in the heroine's past and is convoluted and the path to solving the mystery is full of red herrings and is so well done that you don't see the bad guy's identity until the end. The hero in this book is an FBI agent who met the heroine nine months ago and has had a thing for her ever since. He even transferred to a different task force to be closer to her. I love this kind of passion, and I liked both of these characters. They are both old enough that they have experienced life's ups and downs and also quite a bit of tragedy between them. It's a credit to the writer that the chemistry between the characters is hot and passionate despite neither of them being "perfect". I have read every book that this author has written so I enjoy the supporting cast of characters many of whom we have met in previous outings. This is a great book for those who like can't put it down mystery, suspense, thriller type books with just the right amount of sex and passion to keep things interesting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome - mostly, February 6, 2013
Loved this book, didn't want to put it down - I was actually reading it at work (shhhhh!). I was completely drawn into the suspense of the story, and it was great to see characters from previous books and "catch up". Ms. Rose does a fantastic job of really putting you "there" in the story, so much so that the whole courthouse steps scene had my heart pounding. The mystery was very well done; I truly didn't know whodunnit until the last chapter of the book, and that's rare these days.

I enjoyed Joseph and Daphne, and it was great to see them get together. But... something about their interactions felt a little forced to me. In the previous book Daphne is a total character, with her big hair, bright suits and Southern twang. That Daphne was nowhere in sight in this book - which is kind of understandable, given what she goes through in the 3 days' time this story covers, but it's like her personality was completely different, and we're never treated to the "old" Daphne. The ending was also a little abrupt, I thought.

The character that really kept my attention - and it wasn't even his story! - was Clay Maynard. Man, he had a rough couple of days, and it didn't end with a shiny happy rainbow for him. I'm hoping the next book is his and Stevie's. Stevie, put the poor guy out of his misery already!!

Totally worth the purchase, and I can't wait for the next one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, January 1, 2013
As a new reader of Karen Rose, this novel had me reading untill the small hours of the morning. I just couldn't put it down!

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to like it but....., February 16, 2013
HaviLover "MSL" (Washington State) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Did You Miss Me? (Mass Market Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Did you Miss me?, December 5, 2012
Started off moving and got me hooked right to the finish, really enjoyed it.. Got to know the characters and gave some insight into how hard life can be for victims of violence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Did You Miss Me?, June 29, 2013
Maggie (Armidale, NSW, AU) - See all my reviews
It never takes me long to become hooked on another of Karen Rose's thrillers. They are extremely readable wiwth a good mix of relationship building in amongst the crime theme.
Maggie

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it just me?, February 11, 2013
While I love Karen Rose and have read everything she's ever written, I just can't seem to get into this book. I'm 15% in it and there are so many characters and names being thrown around I find myself just trying to get a handle on who is who and what the heck is going on! Someone please tell me that if I keep muddling through it will eventually make sense...

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok read., December 19, 2013
This book wore me out. Twists, turns, plots, on and on. I like a thriller but this one spins way out, pulls you back in and spins again. Too many plots and victims. Very tiring.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not her Best, October 22, 2013
The book is not her best. Unfortunately, I think she tried to tie in too many past characters- most likely to bring past followers up to date on past characters' lives. However, the various different characters almost caused confusion- it was just too much and took too much from the actual story. I was very disappointed.

Did You Miss Me?
Did You Miss Me? by Karen Rose (Mass Market Paperback - February 5, 2013)
$7.99