Did they ever fix the WiFi? I went through two Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus units. Both of them had issues with very weak WiFi. If I was standing 10 feet from my router with my back to it, I dropped a bar or two, along with an appropriate drop in download speed. I noticed that the only way to get WiFi without issues was to hold it in landscape orientation with the bottom of the unit facing right. Holding it in portrait orientation was the worst. If I held it upside down, I got decent WiFi, but I wasn't going to hold it upside down all the time. It was not an issue with my router. I have a laptop, three iPads, and two Evos that use the WiFi with absolutely no problems.

Anyway, this looks like a decent little tab. I was just wondering if there were any WiFi issues.

Thanks
asked by Scott Kilbourn on April 28, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 28 answers
A
It may depend how you hold the tablet. If one holds it by the left bottom corner, the strength of WiFi signal is drastically reduced.
RubenK answered on May 25, 2012
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Wifi on this little guy is fine. No problems at all. Even when it shows 2 or 3 bars it comes thru strong.
K. Goss answered on May 4, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a wireless G router that's been working for over 5 years and the Samsung Tab 2 found it right away after I put in the password. I also used it in public places like cafes and libraries without issues. I've tested the "allow-wifi-locating" option (in the setting menu) and it works fine with google map. And yes, the GPS works even better.

Some owners had wifi issues but resolved them by resetting the router (turn it off for a moment and turn it back on).
Dr. Henry Walton Jones, Jr. answered on May 12, 2012

A
We have had ours for over a two week. Best Buy Geek squad is coming on Monday to try to get us on WIFI. We have two relatives (One that gets Droids connected at his workplace, although he has not worked with the ice cream sandwich OS yet, and said that shouldn't make a difference), Each spent better than two hours trying to reset the router, change settings on the router, etc. Now it will be $70 for Geek squad to give it a try on Monday!
W. Larsen answered on May 18, 2012

A
I had trouble the first night with a weak connection at the back of our house, but once I installed the free app WiFi Fix, the problem went away. We connect every time now and never drop the connection. We use a Netgear WiFi router. I really do think it is the application that solved the problem.
Sacaudos answered on July 6, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I haven't had problem with the tab 2. It connected fine with my home Wi-fi network on 2.4 GHz band. I have also used it at local starbucks where it worked fine. I do notice that it drops the connections when I am in opposite corner of the house. My laptop is able to keep the connection just fine but the Tab 2 does show weak signal and it drops it. I have to turn Wi-fi settings off/on to get it connect better.
pras4packers answered on May 20, 2012

A
We had the Geek squad over and they input the Key number somewhere in the process to get us going. It is working fine now.
W. Larsen answered on May 31, 2012

A
I observe wifi connectivity of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 much weaker than, lets say iPhone or laptop. It has much lower range. Much lower. Turning it around helps in some border cases.
Sergey Grish answered on July 1, 2012

A
It's not a wifi issue (at least not in my case). We have an Android phone, iPhone and an iPad that have been in this house at various times from friends, relatives, etc., and all of them connected with a strong signal and fast speeds - except the samsung tab. Just yesterday I had two people over here. One of them had an Android phone, the other an iPhone 4s. They connected at speeds ranging from 15.5 Mbps to 18 Mbps via my wifi. I was sitting in the same room with them - my Tab 7" got barely 1 bar and averaged LESS than 1.5 Mbps (if that). I've tried resetting/rebooting/etc... no software update available. Held for a Samsung rep for eternity and was told as others, to send it in for repair. I'm using an AT&T Uverse wifi modem - very standard and popular in my area.

Here's my repair - I'm taking it back to Costco for a FULL refund. That, Samsung, is my repair.

Sorry, but I'm getting VERY tired of companies using the public for testing subjects without fully testing their stuff before they sell them. Take yours back. Make Samsung deal with the returns. Loss of profit is the only thing that they will hear.
Gregory A. Henry answered on July 4, 2012

A
Me neither
Marco Antonio Cuevas answered on May 1, 2012
Comment | 3 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›