5.0 out of 5 stars Amy LaVere is the Next Big Thing, October 29, 2012
This review is from: Died of Love (Audio CD)
I was only vaguely aware of Amy LaVere's music until a couple months ago, when I saw her open for Todd Snider. As much as I like Mr. Snider, which is quite a bit, I would have been happy if it were a split bill and Amy played longer.
I picked up her new LP, Stranger Me, at the show and then started collecting her older work. I've found that aside from Stranger Me, this EP (Died of Love) is my favorite work of hers. If you listen to her albums in chronological order you realize she has evolved from straight Americana, and now incorporates several different genres into her music. Most notably on this and Stranger Me are the prominent electric guitars with their rock/pop influence. Personally I love that. Purists may bitch about it, but like Hunter Thompson noted, that's what purists do; they bitch.

5.0 out of 5 stars they went the extra mile for me....., March 27, 2013
This review is from: Died of Love (Audio CD)
I moved and had not dhanged my address so the CD went to the old address and was returned to them..received an email that it had been returned...and then it was sent to my new address without charging me additional postage. Very nice service..can't ask for anything better than that!

5.0 out of 5 stars LaVere Rocks, January 9, 2010
This review is from: Died of Love (Audio CD)
the product was in perfect condition, just a cardboard sleeve but unmarred. The content is LaVere at her most intoxicating thanks in part to the muscular guitar and percussion finesse of her band. Her other stuff is good but this is great!

Died of Love