Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Diesel The Daddies Series Quartz Grey Dial Male Watch DZ7258
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 9, 2014
This watch isn't for anyone; in fact, it takes a pretty big pair of stones to pull this off. My wife surprised me with this piece for my birthday. At first glance you can't help but notice both its size and its engineered aesthetic. I've only owned this watch for a short while now, but it's had some unique effects. First, this watch draws attention and demands respect. I've been confused with the Dos Equis guy several times already, because that's the kind of class and appeal this watch exhumes. I've also noticed my I'm two inches taller, with a slimmer waist, and now have broader chest & shoulders. I can do twice as many push-ups as I could before I obtained this watch, and I now don't have to wait in any line at the grocery store (female cashiers instantly open an empty register for me). Many may think these all are false claims or merely coincidences. However, I'm writing this review after having just returned from my doctor's office with the results of my routine bloodwork which indicate my LDL cholesterol is down, HDL is up, and my free and unbound testosterone levels are markedly increased. I can't attribute these recent changes to anything other than the aquisition of this masculine time piece.
44 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2012
I have had this watch for 4 days and received dozens of complements from both guys and gals. I took quick trip to the mall and everyone from the salesfolks at the high-end jewelers to random folks in a clothing store wanted a look.

A few comments:

- This watch is big (51mm x 60mm), but not so big that it looks like you are carrying Big Ben on your arm like the Diesel Big Daddy. To know if it will fit well: put your arm on a piece of paper and use a pencil to draw a line on either side of your wrist. If the lines are less than 60mm apart then it it is probably too large since it will stick off the sides.
- The face is all gray -- that means it is hard to read in anything but bright light and even in afternoon sun it takes a second to find the hands. You're not wearing this watch to tell the time though, are you? The diamond pattern on the face catches the light in neat ways and the little screwheads scattered about the face are great details.
- I wouldn't call it a durable watch. The crystal is super thin and sits slightly above the bezel. I imagine an accidental whack against a door jam could cause some damage.
- This is an inexpensive watch, so the fit and finish isn't perfect. If you look carefully you can see grind marks on the crystal edges and imperfections here and there. But ... if someone is looking that hard at the watch they have way too much time on their hands or you're not entertaining them enough.
review image
on February 17, 2013
This watch is amazingly dope, yeah its big and HEAVY, it took a little getting used to. Honestly my first impression when putting it on was that it was to much, but the more I wore it the more I fell in love with it.

Now do please realize yes this is a watch but it definitely puts looks above function. I asked a friend what they thought about it and there first question was "Does it light up? If not return it." ............ :|

That really floored me. So yes if you are looking for a watch with instant time reading capabilities this watch is not for you, go get a digital. But if you looking for a watch that makes a statement, this one definitely does, bold, strong, nice but not flashy. I have always believed a man should always have a nice wallet, a nice watch and nice shoes. This watch definitely fills the nice watch gap. But again it is a rather large watch and is not right for everyone, and i suggest if you weigh below 180lbs this watch is not for you.

I originally purchased this watch at Nordstroms for a total of $318 but found it on Amazon for $242 flat with free two day shipping ( the prime member ship is more than worth it if you buy a lot of amazon stuff, you will save on shipping and get it overnight and make back the membership cost within your first 3 or 4 purchases, and we all know Amazon has the BEST (did i say BEST) Customer Service in all the 9 realms) so I promptly returned it and ordered it here.

Overall hands down one of my favorite items I ever purchased!
on May 14, 2013
I had my eye on this (and the entire Diesel SBA Series) for a while now. So when someone offered to buy me a present, I asked them to get me this. And am I glad I did.

The watch looks and feels phenomenal - Its huge in size but that what I was looking for. Be prepared for guaranteed stares from strangers :)
on December 4, 2013
I purchased this watch on November 27, which was a Wednesday and I got it at my door the Monday December 2. I love the fast shipping. And the seller responded to all of my questions on time and clearly. I will definitely purchase from Zenbuy again.
But....................
The watch, its beautiful!
Comes in a nice detailed white box and the manual booklet is located underneath the watch. The watch face is pretty big so it may hang off of very slim wrist.
I bought this for my husband' birthday coming up at the end of December, and I compared it to his other Micheal Kors watches and this is much larger and by far the best looking. I'm very glad I bought it and I just know that hes going to be shocked and excited when he sees it. I also added 2 pictures so that everyone can see exactly how nice it is.
review image review image
on January 6, 2013
Got it for Christmas, got my first compliment the next morning, by maybe the first person who saw it... It's far and away the biggest watch I've ever owned, and at first i thought it looked almost too big for me... But within a day or so I was in love with it, and a few weeks later I still find myself staring at it and admiring it regularly ... I am already planning on getting another diesel watch because i like this one so much.

The band is a nice dark brown -- in my online research I had become a bit concerned it would be too bright and light (as some online pictures color balance and exposure makes it seem like that), but its exactly what i wanted... nice and dark... i would liken it to a trees bark, or maybe a baseball mitt when wet with oil... And the gunmetal is just that, also dark and nice... To be as a concise as possible, the name is quite apt -- the whole thing is super bad ass.
on September 26, 2013
This is the first watch I have ever owned that has gotten multiple compliments in just the first day of wearing it. First, this watch has a LARGE face and I would recommend trying this watch on in person since I love large watches but even this watch is close to over sized. I first saw this watch at a department store and as always checked Amazon for a price comparison. With a 30 second search I saved over $80 and had the watch in two days and with shopping through Amazon you know you are covered if you have a problem with your order.

Check my reviews for other watches I have bought from Amazon.
on February 25, 2014
Yes it's a huge watch, but I don't think it's "too" big and I don't have big wrists. It's very steam-punk with the large screw heads and the dark leather strap. The second timezone is a nice bonus if you work with people or have family in another timezone. As other reviews have stated, it is very eye catching.
on December 8, 2014
Be warned if you don't know case mm sizes off the top of your head - it's VERY big. I love it, but I have a large wrist and can pull off a big watch. On an average-sized person, the case would certainly be wider than your actual wrist.
on April 1, 2014
I just buy it for a present and is a great watch, the person I gave it love it, has a great look. Ideal for a sports or casual look. the quality of the components is great and it's working well. The face is big, but it's a trend in all kind of watches.