5.0 out of 5 stars Access Card
I needed this for only one project in one of my classes, so I was disappointed by the cost. If you're choosing to use this as a daily tool to help monitor your food intake, I highly recommend it, it is very thorough and easy to use. Great product.
Published 19 months ago by Carly

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY USED!!!!!
Published on February 23, 2011 by Ms.Rose12

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY USED!!!!!, February 23, 2011
Do NOT buy this product used!!!! You can NOT use an access code more than once so this product shouldn't even be ALLOWED to be sold used!!! What a waste of my time and $$!!! You can get this program for about the same price on the actual Cengage Brain website and you won't have to worry about waiting for a piece of paper to be mailed to you with an access code your're not even able to use!!! Cengage Brain will give you the access code INSTANTLY!!! No wait, no hassle, no waste of your time trying to return!!! I will post another review when I purchase a usable Diet Analysis +.

2.0 out of 5 stars Diet Analysis Plus 9.0, February 11, 2009
This review is from: Diet Analysis Plus 9.0 Windows/Macintosh CD-ROM (CD-ROM)
This was a required item for a nutrition class. Seems to me that the publishers are more concerned about brand name product placement then a good program for diet analysis. For an example, I had to put in a serving of a brand name baby food because having a fresh banana on the list seemed to escape them. For a baked potato it had to be a national fast food chain baked potato. It also came up with some erroneous figures when I put a recipe in to calculate nutritional composition. But like most required texts and/or programs, I was stuck buying what the professor wanted. It did work for my diet logs and planning, although I have no idea how accurate it was.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this cd if you are going to take a nutrition class in a college, October 1, 2009
This review is from: Diet Analysis Plus 9.0 Windows/Macintosh CD-ROM (CD-ROM)
If you are going to take a class in a college, you better buy the online version, it has more updated information and also let you convert the college labs and reports in a pdf format with no problems, the cd doesn't let you do that. If you wanted for personal use... go for it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Moderate at Best, October 7, 2010
This review is from: Diet Analysis Plus 9.0 Windows/Macintosh CD-ROM (CD-ROM)
If you have a slower or older computer don't bother. You have to download all the information from the disk onto your computer, and it could cause a horrible lag.

Buying the online code may be a better route, you can go to cengagebrain.com and buy an online subscription for $32. Also if your getting it for a class, you can get it right away by the online subscription. Everything is updated online-unlike the disk and all you have to do after purchasing is sign in online. Allot of foods/recipes that people add to the program are saved into a database, so its nice to not to have to put in as many individual foods or recipes that are not listed.

However, if your looking at price as your main factor, the disk is probably the best way to go. It doesn't have a whole lot of foods, other than very basic and healthy American foods. I had a problem finding allot of foods and had to type allot of my own recipes in but price was what drew me to buy the disk.

2.0 out of 5 stars Irritating to use., January 26, 2010
Amazon Customer (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diet Analysis Plus 9.0 Windows/Macintosh CD-ROM (CD-ROM)
This was a requirement of one of my courses, unfortunately. My main issue with it is that tracking your diet with this software is time-consuming and frustrating. The search function for foods needs to be updated or refined or SOMETHING! I tried searching "banana" and my results are loaded with anything but plain, fresh bananas. Banana nut bread, banana cream pie, Gerbers Banana baby food, anything banana-flavored under the sun. A plain fresh banana was listed on page 16 of the search results. I tried typing in "fresh banana" as well. No dice. Just as frustrating trying to find other fresh fruits or plain whole milk. However, IF you can properly find the foods you consumed to track your diet, the analysis and reports are helpful. It's just a pain to get to them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless., April 8, 2011
This review is from: Diet Analysis Plus 9.0 Windows/Macintosh CD-ROM (CD-ROM)
I bought this program for a Nutrition class. We needed it for one assignment, and a major part of that assignment was analyzing the percentages of carbs/fats/protein in our diet. Apparently earlier versions of this program had this report, but this one doesn't. However, I could get that same report by entering all my food into Fitday.com or SparkPeople.com, which are, by the way, FREE.

I was also annoyed that I had to scroll through 16 pages of search results to find the freaking banana. They have every banana-containing baby food under the sun listed before a plain old banana.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only a requirement for class and wasted $$, October 8, 2012
It's a shame that I had a class that required this program that can ONLY be used for 2 semesters before it expires forever. There is a free online version similar to this diet tracking program, but sadly I was forced to shell out 40 + on this shameless program that extorts money from college students. The program itself isn't as comprehensive at it claims to be as it lacks many recipes for exotic foods. Creating your own recipes is in itself a hassle. I don't recommend this at all. Lord help you if you are a nutrition student unfortunate enough to have to purchase this access code.

1.0 out of 5 stars Confusing and un-necessarily complicated, January 16, 2014
unless you are purchasing this for a class, save your money. the database is highly limited and you get a better app for free on itunes and the app store for FREE! typed in maple bacon, could not find it. could not find Dave's killer bread but would find great harvest. if you are looking for a good food tracker, myfitnesspal does the same thing for free, but runs better and has a larger database of foods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Access Card, February 19, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work for Macs, August 28, 2013
This review is from: Diet Analysis Plus 9.0 Windows/Macintosh CD-ROM (CD-ROM)
I bought this program for my college class and only after I recieved it did I find out that it doesn't work on Mac computers. I have been advised to use the online program instead.

Diet Analysis Plus 9.0 Windows/Macintosh CD-ROM
Diet Analysis Plus 9.0 Windows/Macintosh CD-ROM by Wadsworth (CD-ROM - December 17, 2008)
$69.95 $45.68