Difference between Omron HJ-113 and Omron HJ-112? There's a little difference in price but I can't figure out what the difference is in the products? Does anyone know?
asked by JGR on July 12, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
I wondered this too and asked the company. They said there isn't any mechanical or option difference...so I guess this is their way of saying its just the colors. Interestingly, on their website, when you go to the HJ113 page it actual says "HJ112" in the descriptive text.
Linda Green answered on July 16, 2009
Comment | 9 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Zue says: The difference between the HJ-112 & the HJ-113 is very slight. One is slimmer & longer, and the other is shorter & fatter. BUT .. only by 1/8" in either direction. The big difference, if you consider it so, is that the HJ-113 tells you the FAT GRMS. burned, as well as the CALORIES burned. You will see this displayed under the Calories Burned instead of the time displayed. The HJ-112 only displays the CALORIES burned, with the time underneath. The HJ-112 has an extra button on the face for reset. The HJ-113 eliminated the 4th button, but has built-in the reset within one of the 3 buttons. Hope that helps vs. confusion? Otherwise they are very similar.
Susan Andrusyshyn answered on May 17, 2010
Comment | 20 of 23 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I do not own a HJ-113 but the instruction manual is available on the company web site. http://www.omronhealthcare.com/product/manuals.asp
There is a slight difference in size. HJ-113 is shorter and thicker. Color is different. HJ-113 has no reset button. It looks like there is no way to reset the current day's numbers to zero. You would have to wait for midnight. Maybe there is a model HJ-113 in Europe that is metric, but the manual I saw is not metric.
Gaetan Comeau answered on October 5, 2009
Comment (1) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, I've been using the HJ-112 for a few years, imagine that, the HJ-113 allows you to view the aerobic minutes associated with the aerobic steps of the pass 7 days. My HJ-112 does not, but I still can't justify that as a reason to upgrade.
J. White answered on March 9, 2010
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i just got the HJ-112 and it tells the fat grams burned under the calories burned and the reset button is on the back of the pedometer.
Laurie Blood answered on July 2, 2010
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I read in an Amazon.com review that the HJ-113 re-set button is on the back, making accidental re-sets less common. Whichever one is slimmest is best for me, for less bulky bulge under clothes.
Ann MacNaughton answered on December 18, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I believe the main difference was difference in color and that the HJ-113 had a reset button. I bought it a few months ago and it had a reset button. It might have been since updated and the reset button removed which would make me happier. I accidentally reset mine a few times and messed up my steps for the day.
D. Trinkle answered on August 10, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The HJ-112 model is completely electronic. It uses a set of three accelerometers to count steps. There are no mechanical parts and no clicking sounds.
R. Johnson answered on May 31, 2010
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
that's good to hear! thanks for the info!
pmacck answered on May 31, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
That would be the Hj 303 then
G answered on January 20, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product