Difference between SDHC and SDHC Flash Memory Card?? What is the difference between these two types of memory cards and what is best for a digital camera?
asked by Charles Wehland on August 7, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
No difference. They are both Flash Memory cards.

'SD' refers to the physical size of the card (there are also CF cards)

'HC' stands for high capacity, for cards with capacity over 2GB.
NLee the Engineer answered on August 11, 2011
Comment | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for your information. Now I can order. I just was confused because Amazon has the same price for both and I wasn't sure if there was a difference between a SDHC card and a SDHC Flash Card. I have a Kodak EasyShare Z712 IS digital camera that spends a lot of time 'Processing' and I am not sure if it is because of a slow camera processor or a slow SDHC card. I figured that I would get a good SDHC-10-Class and if the processing still is a burden then I will know it is the camera and not the card.
Charles Wehland answered on August 11, 2011
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It IS the camera ! You will never know the difference betwen "slow" and "fast" cards ! (...even though some dishonest salesman will try to convince you otherwise)
saci4abra answered on September 18, 2012
Comment | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is a combination of both. If your camera is old and you try to use an SDHC card, it won't do you any good since older digital cameras only support SD memory cards. Newer digital cameras support these SDHC memory cards so you should only buy one if you have a newer digital camera. Check your camera specifications online to see if it supports SDHC cards. If you have a newer camera and you are still using a regular SD memory card, then your camera will take longer to process the photo so... this is when you want to buy an SDHC card. Upgrade both and you will see the difference.
sergio answered on January 14, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you for asking. I was wondering the same thing and for the same reason -- amazon or amazon's retailers use both terminologies prompting one to ask, "what's the difference?"
loriel answered on September 15, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
What is the best SDHC memory card?
The Roberts Family of 5 answered on May 5, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product