Difference between two kindle editions?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 6, 2008 9:08:42 PM PST
I see there are two editions of this for the kindle, with slightly different prices, but massively different file sizes, and different publishers? Anyone know what the difference between the two editions is?

Perhaps one has cover art and the other doesn't, or illustrations, or something else?

The larger file version is also extremely recent, making me wonder if the other volumes will also appear, with whatever-it-is that makes it different.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2008 10:05:57 PM PDT
Darn, I was wondering the same thing and was hoping that there were some answers here when I saw there was a Discussion topic with this title.

Did you find out anything? And which version did you end up getting?

Jim

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2008 12:26:30 PM PDT
Haven't found out anything yet, and I haven't bought either version yet either.

However, it just occurred to me to try sending a sample from both, and seeing if there are any clues that can be gleaned.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2008 5:17:25 PM PDT
Mike Zupan says:
I was going to purchase this classic for my new Kindle, but I'm in the same boat. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two Kindle versions. I saw a review here that says the newer less expensive one has lots of typos, but that's all I've found so far.

Posted on Mar 24, 2009 1:51:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2009 1:52:26 PM PDT
There are slight differences between the British and American versions of the books in the series. Mostly, the British version contains some rougher language that has been toned down. For example, an alien in the third book, "Life The Universe And Everything" calls Arthur Dent "a jerk" and "a complete kneebiter" whereas in the British edition he calls him a more explicit name. Maybe the kindle editions represent the American and the British editions. If you like old fashioned paper books, you can likely save the most money by buying British paperbacks which now are available in many stores as closeouts. In my opinion, they are slightly better and the least expensive option.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Mar 6, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 24, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about