Differences Between 7600 and 8600 Any idea?

And is it worth the money to go for the 9600?
asked by Hung Lin Hsu on May 20, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
vote
I'm also looking forward to 9600. I think it's so far the best Led TV that is "affordable". OLED is at least a year or two from now.

How is the smart TV? Do I need dual cores? I have an Apple TV and I just use it to watch Netflix. I don't think I'll use LG's smart TV any more than Netflix, either.
Hung Lin Hsu answered on June 3, 2012

A
votes
I honestly am not all that interested in Smart TV as much as I am in getting the best picture quality for my own media collection. I will say that my 7600 chugs under the weight of the apps and that the 8600 with dual core would work much better. I also have a G2 which is very snappy due to having a dual core but has a lower refresh rate and no local dimming or control over tru motion.

Personally I would buy the 9600 if it had NO apps at all and just did 3D and 1080p 2D. I have tried Netflix with many devices and have never been very impressed with the stream they give you. Vudu however has a much better codec and looks reasonably well, in many cases even better than my Fios HD DVR service gives me.

I am hoping within the next 2 to 3 years OLED will be down in my upper price range. When that happens I will jump on it and also they will have ironed out any bugs that system may have for early adopters. What I am hoping is OLED will be as good or better than my Sony 34 inch HD CRT , only with higher resolution and perfect geometry. For motion, contrast levels and viewing angle, nothing STILL can beat the last Sony Trinitrons that rolled off the line. I have one and my only complaint is poor geometry. Good luck with whichever model you decide on.

Cheers! Marty G
Marty Gillis answered on June 3, 2012

A
vote
The 8600 has a dual core processor (the 7600 has a single core). The 9600 has adds local dimming with nano pixel tech. If I could afford another TV right now, I would purchase a 9600 TODAY! It isn't perfect (wait for the OLED) but it is one of the pinnacles of LCD/LED tech and a joy to behold! LG keeps getting better and better! (I currently own the 6200, 7600 and THE NEW LG Google TV 55G2!! Even the 6200 can be calibrated into near greatness IF you watch in a slightly darkened room) Cheers Marty G
Marty Gillis answered on June 3, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›