Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now May4th

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 6, 2012 4:39:03 AM PST
pluckiducki says:
Does anyone know if there are plans for different versions of the movie to be sold through different stores this time? Wondering if the "Tar-jay" or "Wally World" versions will have different special features. Would really love an extended version but I don't see that happening so soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 8:01:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2012 7:38:09 AM PST
Omar D. Odeh says:
Judging from ALL of the previous Twilight releases, it seems inevitable that we'll see a retailer exclusive with extra bonus features not available everywhere else. I find it incredibly annoying, as a special features junkie. I HATE retailer exclusives. It gives an unfair advantage to certain retailers, and it only hurts the fans.

I doubt we'll see much of extended editions for Breaking Dawn, Part I. It was split into two movies for a reason. Though, I'm sure there will be a large number of deleted scenes.

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 2:29:44 PM PST
pluckiducki says:
I am hoping for some extended scenes. Would have loved more bed breaking lol!

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 10:27:18 PM PST
Lubasi says:
I want to buy this breaking-dawn blu-ray, but I am stuck on the region code. What is the blu-ray region code on it? my blu-ray is code B

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 5:39:33 PM PST
There are versions specific to the retailer. I own the first three and was unaware of the sneakiness in marketing. But if this helps: I think Walmart or Kmart had the best special sets. I just saw it today. I'm a huge fan of both the movies and the book. Unfortunately, I was so underwhelmed with this movie. I will wait till number two comes out and hopefully there will be some sorta set. I saw it at matinee so did not paty full price. The script writer really did a disservice.Hope this helps...

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 9:35:09 AM PST
Walmart has a Bella's Wedding Dress Edition which I don't realy like as it would not match well with my other 3.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 3:23:08 PM PST
Diane Davis says:
Yes, both Wally and Tar-jay offer their own versions and list what's included. I could find no such description on the Amazon version, which is disturbing. This will be the first movie I buy from some other source.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 3:33:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2012 3:34:30 PM PST
Prety sure amazons is the same as the normal walmart or other ones so if you look at the discripsion for those it should be the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012 3:07:20 PM PST
Diane Davis says:
Actually, I contacted them, and they said their Blu-Ray has only the movie itself. Now I'm wondering about Target!

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 9:53:40 AM PST
pluckiducki says:
It is looking like the special features are either the box itself or some little trinket. I just don't want to get a DVD that doesn't have the same special features as another version. Does it seem as if all the DVDs are going to be the same this go around?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2012 3:05:50 PM PST
Marisa B says:
Target in most areas is doing a midnight release, you get a ticket at customer service at 9pm on 2/10, hang around until 11, I actually just called the Target near me, and they told me to come in at 9, get a ticket for the movie I want to buy, then at 11 they have the sneak peek of pt 2, then you are able to turn thr ticket that you got in for whichever copy of the movie you chose. They have a SE that has flowers from the wedding set, with a COA that comes with it, and also screen shots from the movie and the set.

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 7:38:54 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 1, 2012 7:57:19 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 7:38:35 AM PST
Amazon blu ray does not have the special features it says it does in the ad???is that what you found out?? please tell me as i have it ordered and with out even the puny amount of special extras i wont want it from them..who has the deleted and extended scenes??do you know??thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 7:40:40 AM PST
so who has the most speccial features and deleted scenes? target in my dinky town isnt doing the special.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 10:10:22 AM PST
Diane Davis says:
Originally, the special features were NOT included in the blu ray description, which is why I contacted them. The cust serv person said apparently they had no special editions, as only the movie was listed on the disc & I should send a request to another dept, which I did. I couldn't imagine all blu rays not having the same features and suspected it was an oversight when writing the description. Apparently, that was the case as the ad has been rewritten.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 12:22:06 PM PST
thank you for clearing that up. very helpful. now do you also know who what where the deleted scenes are? i ordered the blu ray but the extra deleted scenes are not in it and i am assuming they are someplace. but i dont know where. do you? thanks again

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 2:12:58 PM PST
Diane Davis says:
Oddly, there are no deleted or extended scenes this time around. Who knows, Summit/Lionsgate may be planning an entire blooper and outtake disc once BD 2 comes out.) But the "making of" feature reportedly has lots of fun footage both of actual filming and BTS.

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 2:07:24 PM PST
M. McDaniel says:
There are rumors of an extended cut of the movie being released in a blu-ray/dvd combo at a later date. It wouldn't surprise me if they did that so they could double dip. Get people to buy this early release and then advertise the extended cut so people buy another copy.

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 11:05:15 PM PST
So I bought mine from FYE and I put on the subtitles... But I have like 6 different subtitles to choose from if I use my Blu Ray remote to turn it on (instead of going into the screen itself). When I selected "English: 5" I noticed there is commentary from the actors, Stephanie Meyer, and the director... But there's no way to actually turn the audio for this on?? It's not the same as the Director Commentary. Did anyone else notice this? It's cool but kind of annoying to read, especially since there are so many commentators.

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 8:16:07 AM PST
Omar D. Odeh says:
Different versions: There is the normal Blu-Ray disc version, which is available through Amazon and most retailers. There is the Target version which comes in a different case, but has all the same special features. The Wal-Mart Bella's dress edition is a bit of a rip-off. The wedding dress box is a cheap cardboard box, with the regular Blu-Ray disc case contained inside. There are bonus special features on this version, in the form of music videos. Nothing else is different.

I was wondering why there were no deleted scenes or anything. The rumor of an extended edition clarifies that.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 9:07:13 AM PST
thanks Omar. i wonder if there will be an extended version. anything to get more $$ out of the fans. they are relentless and now that Summit is sold it will be interesting to see how the new owners intend to monatize thier very expensive Twilight fanchise. i really think the air is about out of that baloon and this from a real fan like you wouldnt believe.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 9:15:20 AM PST
Diane Davis says:
I have to disagree with you about the Walmart edition. What makes it special is the "fabric poster" which is more like a large scarf with a lovely picture of the bride & groom. Everyone who's seen mine wishes they'd bought that edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 12:15:14 PM PST
M. McDaniel says:
I watched the English 5 subtitles a little bit and it seems like they might be the subtitles for the 6 part bonus feature.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 5:57:07 AM PST
Omar D. Odeh says:
The poster is fine. I gave mine away to a much bigger Twilight fan. What annoyed me is the fact that Wal-Mart's website led me to believe that it was a special case, like what Target does. But instead it's just a cheap cardboard box with the regular case inside of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 5:59:47 AM PST
Omar D. Odeh says:
At this point, I haven't been able to substantiate any of the rumors (which makes sense, since they're rumors). But I would not be at all surprised if Summit decided to release extended editions of Breaking Dawn pt 1 and 2. Director Bill Condon has talked at length about how the movies were considerably longer than what is released in theaters. He said recently that Breaking Dawn Part 2 was cut from 2 hours and 15 or so minutes to 1 hour and 56 minutes. Why they want to cut the movies down, I don't know. Unless, of course, they're saving for an Extended Edition home video release.

Only time will tell.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions