The Planets 1 Season 1999
1. Different Worlds This first episode takes us back to the origin of our solar system, tracing the creation of the sun, the planets, and the surfaces of each.
2. Terra Firma The second installment features the intriguing geological surfaces of Earth's neighbors: Jupiter, Jupiter's moon Europa, Mars, and Venus.
3. Giants Giants delves into the history of space exploration. This episode investigates the discovery of techniques used to study distant planets and examines NASA's study of Saturn and Neptune.
4. Moon Moon chronicles the Cold War era space race, from sputnik and Apollo to the historical moon landing. It also explores the dark side of the moon and compares Earth's moons to those of other planets in the solar system.
5. Star In Star, the series shifts focus to the center of our solar system to take a close look at the sun and its relation to the other stars in the galaxy. Besides providing light for our planet, the sun is responsible for some incredible phenomenon. We see…
6. Atmosphere Earth's atmosphere is responsible for supporting life on our planet, and in this installment we compare Earth's atmosphere with that of other planets in the solar system. We take a look at the weather patterns of other planets, and by comparison discover…
7. Life Beyond the Sun Need a space vacation? Life Beyond the Sun reveals the hypothetical locations in space where man could survive if we ever needed to leave Earth.
8. Destiny What will happen to the solar system be like in several billion years? Destiny explores the distant future of the solar system with specific predictions of how the sun will determine the fate of the planets.
|Starring||Boris Chertok, Charles Conrad|
|Supporting actors||Imre Friedmann, Mark Halliley, Nikita Khrushchev, Sergei Khrushchev, Sergei P. Korolev, Robert B. Leighton, David Levy, Bruce Murray, Yuri Silaev, Wernher von Braun, George Wetherill|
|Producers||Gina Kocjancic, John Lynch, David McNab|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
'The Planets' is a terrific miniseries. Precise and well documented, it presents a full and entertaining journey through the Solar System as it was known in 1999. Read morePublished 1 month ago by gork57
This one was "a keeper". I kept it, as a matter of fact, in my queue until the other day when it came off of "Prime" status. It was a favorite fall back of mine. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Louis J MaSCITELLO
Excellent series, but hopelessly dated information(It came out in 1999). It's very typically BBC, which means very informative and entertaining good production values. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
We enjoyed all of it. We were growing up when a lot of these discoveries were being made - very interesting.Published 7 months ago by Sandra F.
I especially liked the informative statistics presented and the conditions we would find if we settled on any of those planets.