Customer Discussions > Super Mario 3D Land forum

A Different type of Mario 3D Platformer?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2011 12:16:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2011 11:40:27 AM PDT
Even though it is being developed by the Mario Galaxy team, this game is more like a New Mario Bros game in 3D. Levels will have an end-stage flag and 3 star coins. It seems like no star collecting will be present, which is a first for a 3D Mario platformer. I'm not complaining, it's interesting, but it will feel different [edit: ... without stars].

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 8:00:36 PM PDT
D. Smail says:
Yea I thought about that too.
Seems like NSMB meets Galaxy meets SM64.
I like it!
It will be pretty different though, probably for the better since all Mario games play with a similar feel.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2011 5:02:29 PM PDT
David L. says:
I think it uses the original Mario play style (also called New style, ironically) but on a 3D plane. Besides the flag, 3 star coins and lack of star collecting, there's also the timer.

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 11:40:53 PM PDT
Relytia says:
The original classic Mario gameboy games had a design philosophy like this, even had the "Land" at the end of their title.

This combined with elements from the classic NES titles (particularly Super Mario Bros. 3), and taken into 3D, and you get a delicious Mario dish with a side of awesome sauce. Can't wait.

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 2:04:10 PM PDT
Bridget says:
Oh yes this is going to be awesome, November is to far away, specially since I just got a 3DS for 70$, just cause I thought this game was already out!

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 1:42:57 PM PDT
I cannot wait until the holidays. I know Super Mario 3D Land will be a massive hit for gamers everywhere on the Nintendo 3DS.

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 11:13:35 PM PDT
v7torSFC says:
There is a new Iwata asks video were he asks Miamoto-san about the concept for the game. Miamoto-san said he developed the game to be 3D in it's graphic style, but to play more like a 2D Mario. He said players will find the main game fairly easy until about world 8 if they just go straight through, but he said there are a lot of optional things to do and secrets to find.

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 3:48:27 AM PDT
This game will be so great. I know people always complain about Nintendo relying too much on their franchises, but what company doesn't? And besides, Mario games always have a ridiculous level of polish and charm that is only matched by kittens with rainbows shooting out of their eyes as you watch while you lay on a cloud that you just woke up on.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Super Mario 3D Land forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario 3D Land by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (824)