Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 28, 2013 5:35:17 PM PDT
Hey Amazon users. I am looking for a game for my fiancé. She wants a good story, low difficulty, in an RPG for her 3DS

How hard is Tales of the Abyss? What would you recommend?

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 6:19:51 PM PST
sasuke619675 says:
I played this game on PS2 and I really enjoyed it. I played part of it on 3DS and thought it was a great port. The difficulty is not too bad, and the good thing about RPGs is that there is always grinding if you do hit a difficult part. I would recommend this or Fire Emblem if she is an RPG fan. Fire Emblem is more SRPG, but it is one of the best games on the console.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2013 9:22:10 PM PST
Wow, thank you for the info. What do you think is the easiest RPG on the 3DS?

Also, how long is this game?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 9:09:27 PM PST
sasuke619675 says:
Goodness, to answer easiest, it is all relative regarding what you are referring to as easy. If you are talking about basics of entry, I would say Pokemon X or Y because the battle system and linearity help keep the game simple (I played out of nostalgia, but got bored to tears - Just finished before paying Pokemon an in depth RPG with similar elements in Shin Megami Tensei IV).

Some games to consider are:

Etrian Odyssey IV - has some lower difficulty settings, but turned out to still be a great game even on the lowest setting (complicated only if wanting to build a specific team). Played all the way through and had a decent storyline with great dungeon crawling exploration. Think Wizardry, but easier point of entry.

Fire Emblem - Wonderful storyline, has lower difficulty setting, EPIC. One of the best games on the 3DS

Shin Megami Tensei IV - Great game, not too difficult, lengthy, but a little iffy on how they view religion, God, and demons. If that would bug you, I would steer clear.

I wish you luck. There is a great number of great games, including RPGs on the 3DS. I would check Metacritic and look for "Role Playing Games" if you wanted to read some other user reviews besides what is on Amazon.com.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 8:49:39 AM PST
I gave all those games consideration. She gets bored with Pokemon fairly quickly. Bravely Default looks like it may be what we are looking for. It looks easy enough yet interesting in story. I am playing Etrian Odyessy Untold Story, Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei IV, she might like the new Pokemon.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jul 28, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about