4.0 out of 5 stars Test Your Partnership
Published on September 18, 2010 by corywrites

3.0 out of 5 stars My daughter better use this thing until she's 40.
My daughter takes great joy in bouncing on this trampoline. I will take great joy in finding who wrote the assembly instructions and punching him square in the nuts.
Published 22 months ago by B

4.0 out of 5 stars Test Your Partnership, September 18, 2010
This review is from: Diggin JumpSmart Trampoline (Toy)
Truly, this product is my son's favorite new birthday present, but putting it together tested my marriage. If you plan to order it - do it with plenty of cushion time for assembly and reserve a bottle of Advil and a bottle of your favorite booze to get you through with less pain than we experienced. My hubby and I were sweating, cursing, and hating each other during the hours of decoding the instructions and yanking the tether to get it just right. It was hard and we were pissed and it seemed really really not worth it. Then it was done (hours later) and we were exhausted and fighting off headaches and wishing we'd signed a pre-nup before starting. I don't think we spoke to each other the rest of the day. The next morning we gave it to our son and he nearly passed out with excitement. He's been jumping ever since. Great for rainy days and so fun for kids who visit for playdates...everyone loves it. Parents love watching and cheering their kid on...it's really fun.

However, I wish it had the ability to fold up or be more easily stored. It's rather big, and awkwardly shaped, but we keep it in the basement and that works for us.

As for a tip to the manufacturer - please consider redesigning this just enough to be able to ship the product with the mat and bungee cord attached already. It's a huge barrier to enjoying this product completely (for parents). I don't think I will ever look at this thing without remembering how irritating it was to assemble.

I'm warning you...do NOT purchase this in a rush...you won't get it put together in time! But once you do, the kids will freak for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good kids indoor trampoline, January 12, 2011
This review is from: Diggin JumpSmart Trampoline (Toy)
My son hasn't really taken to this like I thought he would. He really likes the trampolines at the kids gyms, but he maybe jumps on this once a day. He is two. He likes the buttons. When he jumped with the one with animal sounds, he had to look for the "puppy" under the tramboline as he was convinced that was where the sound was coming from. Also, the electronic voice has some sort of British accent, so it is kind of funny to hear my son say "Let's Go!" with the accent.

Assembly advice: Don't lock down any bolts until it is all assembled. You will be redoing some assembly as you figure it out along the way. After reading the reviews on Amazon, I laid out the bungie cord and measured it without stretching the elastic. I think it was something like 13 feet. I made marks with a sharpie at 1/3 and 2/3 the length which I recall was 4 feet 4 inches and 8 feet 8 inches. After we got the bungie entirely threaded, I found the marks and knew I had to work those to be at two of the corners of the trampoline. This helped as there was no guessing as how to center the mat of the trampoline in the frame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trick to Assembly, May 14, 2011
This review is from: Diggin JumpSmart Trampoline (Toy)
After reading all the reviews about how hard this was to assemble, I was a little apprehensive to order it while my husband was deployed overseas. It does say in the instructions that you need 2 people, but I found a little trick that allowed me to assemble it all by myself (without tearing my hair out) and I think that this trick would also help ease the frustrations of ANY couple attempting to put this trampoline together! The secret weapon. . . ZIP TIES!!! If you have enough zip ties, this project is no big deal. Just zip tie the mat in place so it is evenly spaced within the frame. I just put the zip ties on loosely first, and then tightened them one by one to make sure the mat was centered. Once the mat is secure and tight, you are able to weave the bungee through without any problem.

I used 13 long zip ties and it did the trick. I used 3 for each corner, zip tying each of the two corner holes to the side closest to them, and then zip tying their zip ties to the center leg pole just below the screw (which kept the zip tie from sliding up). This kept the corners flat and easy to work with. I used 3 more zip tying the center on each side and the last one I used to zip tie the beginning of the bungee to the "start" leg (below the screw so it doesn't go anywhere) so I could get tension on it. Then I started weaving the bungee. The key to the bungee is to get it really tight to begin with. Otherwise you have to keep going back and making it tighter, which is harder to do once it is weaved. (It would have been nice if someone had been there to hold the frame. . . I had to use my foot to keep the frame from moving while I was pulling on the bungee) Clasping the two ends of bungee together was the hardest thing about the process, but with a little elbow grease, it can be done! Then just cut all the zip ties and you are ready to rock and roll!

I am just posting this to let you know that there is hope out there! This trampoline was well worth it for my 2 year old daughter. Even though she is not heavy enough to trick the sensor for the interactive stuff, she still enjoys jumping and pushing the buttons to listen to the sounds they make! I am glad I tackled this project now and didn't have to wait until my husband got home!

I also suggest putting on a good movie or show while you are putting it together!

Hope this helps!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tons of Fun!!, January 7, 2010
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diggin JumpSmart Trampoline (Toy)
I read all the reviews on this product before buying it for Christmas. There were no bad reviews and you won't get one from me either - but I will point out a few minor issues. First of all, and most importantly, my 5 year old LOVES this toy!! She has jumped on it every day since we finally managed to get it put together - and the time it took us to get it together wasn't due to procrastination. Also, the part that is supposed to count, say the ABC's, and whatever else it's supposed to do has never worked.

If I were rating this toy strictly on the ease of putting it together and the tracker piece it would only get one - maybe two - stars. And the sad thing is, I'm sure the company would be more than willing to replace the piece that has never worked but I don't want to take it apart to make the exchange just to get a new one and have to put it back together again. :(

So, to summarize: It's not very easy to put together, and I don't have much confidence in the tracker part since ours hasn't worked from day one BUT... the kids will LOVE it and while it would be better if all the bells and whistles actually worked, it doesn't detract from the entertainment factor.

Would I recommend this product to others? ABSOLUTELY - but you may want to have a drink or two in you before attempting to put it together, just to calm your nerves first ;)

3.0 out of 5 stars My daughter better use this thing until she's 40., December 9, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Kid's still play with it everyday!, November 24, 2009
Smile (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diggin JumpSmart Trampoline (Toy)
My kid's (5 & 3 years old) received this from Santa last year for xmas. They still play with it everyday. The only reason I give it a 4 out of 5 stars is because it does take up room (think typical exercise trampoline) so not easy to store because of handles. Also, it takes up to 3 hours to put together. Yes..3 hours!! Trust me, the elves were working late that night. Oh and you need 2 elves to assemble & "tie" the bungee.
Once it's together it's the toy that gets the most use in our house hands down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wow is this a pain to assemble!, December 9, 2011
This review is from: Diggin JumpSmart Trampoline (Toy)
This trampoline is sturdy and attractive, however I imagine many people will return it out of frustration in trying to assemble it. It took me 2.5 hours and should have taken less than 2 hours. Early on I thought it would take no more than 1 hour! There are two key problems: 1. the instructions are incomplete and 2. the final connection of the base requires two people or one person who has the hand strength to hole the parts together while inserting the screws. For those who have yet to assemble it, here are some pointers. Firstly lay out all the parts and identify them with the parts listing on page 2. Step 3 - the jack plug which goes into the underside of the music box, takes effort. You need to push hard to get it in. I thought I was going to break it before I could get it pushed in, but after carefully aligning it with the socket, it did go in. Steps 4,5, & 6 are straightforward, just make sure to get the handles on the correct sides of the music box. Step 7 requires you thread the base support bars through the mat. Just be sure to get the bars oriented correctly before putting them through the mat. The side of the bar with a square hole must be on the outside of the two bars as the bolt locks into the square hole when the bars are ultimately put together. Step 8 is the most complicated as the diagram is confusing. Firstly, the spacer with a hook on it needs to be oriented close to the mat, i.e. away from the bottom of the posts and facing the underside of the mat. Then all three spacers must align with the all the sets of holes on the bars. Start with one long screw and thread it through the bar with square holes in it, then through the spacer, middle bar, spacer with hook, bar, spacer and finally the second base support bar. Put on the metal washer and screw on the nut. Then repeat with the other two long screws. Tighten up the nuts so the head of the the screws lock into place into the square holes in the bars. Step 9 - before you insert the final bar into the mat, be sure the bar is oriented so the square holes will be on the outside. Step 10 - Again the spacer needs to be oriented so the hook is away from the floor to the underside of the mat and facing inward. Step 11 - same as Step 10, except this requires real hand strength or two people. When the final bars are connected, the elastic part of the mat will have to be stretched, so the putting the bars in position to insert the screws can be frustrating. A second pair of strong hands helps but is not totally necessary. I was able to put the bars side by side and then with both hands "roll" one bar over the other to put them in place. I then carefully aligned the holes and put a screw into the bottom holes to hold the bars in place. With some effort I pushed the spacer down from the top to go between the bars. With care, I removed the bottom screw and carefully "worked" the spacer into final position. Then put the bottom screw back through the bar-spacer-bar and put on the washer and nut. Then I put the top screw in and tightened everything up. Finally I went back and put all the dome nuts on. Step 13, 14 - straightforward. Step 15 - Attach the switch onto the hook on the space bar under the music box. Step 16 - be sure to adjust the black cord so the circular "trigger" is centered between the other two base supports. Then adjust the black core so the switch is not pulled when the black cord is in place. At one end of the cord you can adjust the length of the cord. Step 17 - straight forward.

Hopefully, these additional notes will help you save some time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Nightmare to assemble! Fun for the kids though..., October 16, 2010
This review is from: Diggin JumpSmart Trampoline (Toy)
My wife and I got extremely frustrated with weaving the mat in the frame. The company could do a better job with instructions. I was about ready to take a sludge hammer to this thing! Biggest pain in the you know what I have ever put together. I will never forget the hell this thing brought with it. The instructions were calling some parts different names in different sections; confused the crap out of me. Got a a real bad tension head ache, but are daughter loves it! Is it worth it? Depends on how much of a threshold you have for companies with morons making the instructions. BTW this thing should have come with the mat assembled to the frame all ready because doing that was a nightmare.........A NIGHTMARE!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jumpin Fun!, June 15, 2010
This review is from: Diggin JumpSmart Trampoline (Toy)
We bought this for our daughter's 2nd birthday. We didn't get it together in time for the party and that was probably a good thing because every kid at the party would have wanted to get on it. I would recommend you have an extra set of hands to put this thing together. Especially the bungee part. We get so much entertainment from watching our 2 year old jump. She knows just what to do with the sounds and holds the handle bars. It is bulky and hard to stash out of the way but anyone with kids knows most toys are never really out of the way. Don't let the 3 year age deter you from buying. Our 2 year old loves it and it's been money well spent since she loves it so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars All around great. A breakdown by age., January 23, 2011
This review is from: Diggin JumpSmart Trampoline (Toy)
Ordered this for my 3 year old for Christmas.
I warned my husband after all the reviews about how challenging the assembly was & encouraged him to NOT wait until Christmas eve. He did the assembly alone, said it took about 30 min & was no trouble at all. However, he's the most patient person I've ever met. So, we disagree with the many reviews about the complex & difficult assembly.
I will agree however, with those who suggest to assemble this in what is to be it's permanent spot. This was assembled in a guest room 2 floors down so it could be hidden. It does not fold or disassemble easily so we nearly had a holiday tragedy when we couldn't get it out of the room, down the hall & up the stairs. We did have to remove a bedroom door, get creative & rely on 11th grade honors geometry, but we did get it moved.
Additionally, this does take up a good bit of floor space. It's not something you'll want to keep in your living room.
All the technical stuff aside...the kids think it's really fun. It's great for burning off energy indoors. It appears to be safe, solid & secure. My kids get some serious air on this thing & just let them as long as they're hanging on.
My 3 year old thinks it's great. Can hardly go into his room without hopping on. But, he only lasts about 5 min or less. He keeps going back, but just doesn't last long.
My 6 year old was very interested. Says it's fun, but really only wants to get on when someone else shows interest first. The suggested age range says up to 7, but I think my smaller 6 year old is just too big to really enjoy it.
The 18 month old across the street, however is addicted. He LOVES it! It took him a minute to figure it out & he probably shouldn't be left unattended, but he sticks with it longer than anyone else.
The only thing that's not "great" is the electronic sounds. They're kind of annoying & don't really add much to the fun of the product. Once, my kids jumped to the count of 100, but otherwise, they don't care about this part either. When the batteries die on this, they won't be replaced. In fact, they may get stolen for use somewhere else if needed.

Diggin JumpSmart Trampoline