I was stuck inside with my seven-year-old niece recently while we waited patiently for everyone to hurry their selves up and get ready to go, and this game proved a fun distraction, even inside a tiny apartment.

Published on August 15, 2012 by Gen of North Coast Gardening

3.0 out of 5 stars my kids loved it at the beginning
Published 4 months ago by Shawn Franklin

4.0 out of 5 stars Apartment therapy. . . Great, active fun for kids and grownups., August 15, 2012
This review is from: Diggin Squap (Toy)

I found it easy to learn to throw and challenging to learn to catch, but my niece picked it up super-quickly, maybe because I was feeding her some easy practice shots, and we had a blast throwing and giggling and catching.

The balls are tiny enough that they roll under stuff easily. By the end of the first 15 minutes we'd lost one ball permanently. But the benefit to the balls being so tiny is that they're lightweight enough not to do any damage. I smacked the TV with a stray shot as well as a few decorative items and nothing looked even close to getting damaged. Not to say it's impossible, but you'd be more likely to dive into something making that far-off catch than you would be to hurt something with the ball.

We took it outside to play as well, and it was even more fun with more room.

The one thing I don't care for is the noise. I can imagine if someone were trying to nap, this would keep them from doing so. Every time you catch it goes CLACK!! I mean, that's probably better than someone going Mommmmeeeeee! every five seconds, but it could still use a little toning down of the annoyance factor if used primarily for indoors. Why not design a version with foam on to reduce the racket?

Anyway, this was a fun toy that got me and my niece up and being active when everyone else was sitting on their behinds being boring. It felt like it was good for making friends, because even though my niece barely knows me (we live a long way apart), we were giggling and having fun in just a few minutes. I'd definitely recommend this. It's fun, it's collaborative, it's active - what more can you want from such a small toy?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous indoor/outdoor/rainy day toy, February 15, 2011
This review is from: Diggin Squap (Toy)
I saw this product being demonstrated in a bookstore in December 2010, and the product was picked off clean off the shelves within minutes! It is a cross between a baseball glove and ping pong. It can be played by one or shared with a friend. What I loved best is that it is sized perfectly for kids to play indoors in an apartment or on rainy days or packed in a picnic basket. The balls store in the Squap "glove" and thus no lost balls. It is suitable for ages 6+ and facilitates a game between kids of different ages, thus harmony! I rate 5 stars on educational value because a game of catch that is fun is educational to childhood experience. I have purchased 4 sets for my kids and their friends!

4.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, July 5, 2011
This review is from: Diggin Squap (Toy)
We gifted our daughter this for her 10th birthday and she LOVES it. It's super easy to use and tons of fun! The balls are similar to ping pong balls and therefore won't be great for playing on a windy day but we haven't run into any problems with it yet. Great gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, February 8, 2014
This review is from: Diggin Squap (Toy)
Bought for a 7 year old. He did great with it, but what was more fun was that older teenagers and adults enjoyed playing with him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diggin Squap, February 15, 2014
This review is from: Diggin Squap (Toy)
Had received item within my expectation. Enjoy playing with my grandson and my nephews.We played and sweat with style.Recommended to all my relatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, January 13, 2014
This review is from: Diggin Squap (Toy)
Grand kids ages 3-adult had a great time with the easy to learn technique. Can play by yourself or with others. Great entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Birthday Gift, June 16, 2014
This review is from: Diggin Squap (Toy)
I bought this for a birthday party my daughter was invited too - her friend was turning 7. His mom requested outdoor gifts and apparently this was a hit - he spent the entire evening with his friends playing it. I bought one for my daughter as well thinking it would also help with strengthening hand muscles and we've really enjoyed it. Durability wise - we've not had any problems yet but the fabric part (orange) doesn't appear that durable so we'll see how long it lasts. Until then we're enjoying it and it gets the kids out of the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, January 26, 2014
This review is from: Diggin Squap (Toy)
I ordered this for my grandson. It was a hit.they even played inside with it. It was also a perfect price.

3.0 out of 5 stars my kids loved it at the beginning, July 8, 2014
This review is from: Diggin Squap (Toy)
Wanted to get a new toy for outdoor, my kids loved it at the beginning, when they get something knew they can't put it down, however after a while they were not interested, it takes a lot of practice and patience to get good at it. Material is very cheaply made, it shows you can pick up ball with the plate on your hand that is what my son kept doing until he hit it a little too hard and plastic broke off, now its in the trash =(

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun game!, March 20, 2013
Mom in VA (Va Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diggin Squap (Toy)
This is a great toy for indoor or outdoor play. It's fun for adults, but easy enough for kids. My 5-year-old loves to play this with his dad!

Diggin Squap