Digging Deep does for gardeners what Natalie Goldberg's Writing Down The Bones and Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way has done for millions of writers and artists: shows them how they can approach their passion with an eye towards freeing their spirit and becoming more self-actualized.
Digging Deep: Unearthing Your Creative Roots Through Gardening is a heartwarming inspirational and prescriptive book filled with Fran's personal stories of her own and her design clients' transformation from living an ordinary and stuck life to one of creativity, meaning, and joy - using gardening as the tool and metaphor for creative awakening.
In Digging Deep you'll learn
- Why you're creative and always have been.
- How a garden can be a wonderful laboratory for your creative unfolding.
- The seven steps of creative awakening that will allow you to envision and create the garden of your dreams.
- How to allow the core of your soul and creativity to break loose.
- How to excavate and cultivate the most authentic parts of yourself through the artistry and craft of gardening.
- How to use your 'creative muscles' to get unstuck in the garden and life.
- How to gain confidence and create the life you've always wanted.
- How to use the process of gardening as a conduit for experiencing a creative and joyful life.