on April 1, 2009
This is a good tablet worth buying if you cannot afford to get a Wacom. It works well and is fun to use.

Tips:

*Remove the battery when you stop for the day or night. The batteries drain if left in the pen no matter what. I use rechargeable ones. I went through the whole install and reinstall thing before I realized it was the battery and not the driver messing things up.*

*Instead of installing the driver from the disk, go the the website and download the latest one. You will need to completely uninstall the old one to get the new one to work. Click install anyway when that box pops up. It worked for me. Windows XP.
This is the link to the company.
[..]

I hope this review is helpful.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Verified Purchase
I purchased this graphics tablet to work with my Asus EeePc about 2 weeks ago. It is pretty bare bones but works wonderfully under Windows XP. The only downside I see is that the pen requires a battery (which is included) which will eventually need replacing. However, there are tips in the manual for extending the life of the battery, the most important of which is to never rest the pen nib down. The nib acts as a switch so when it is pressed, it draws power from the battery.

Understandably, a Wacom tablet does not have this limitation and there are low-priced Wacom tablets available. However, I am so far very happy with this purchase and works as advertised.
on November 16, 2008
I was skeptic about this product first because it was cheap and was told it only works for certain programs. I have used it on Open Canvas (can download it for free and it's better than MS Paint in my opinion), MS Paint and it works. The product also comes with a trial of Photoshop and Painter, which is very awesome. Works like a charm if you have a low budget (I found it for $25)! I am very happy with this product.
on May 30, 2011
Verified Purchase
If you can't afford a Wacom tablet, this is a good alternative. My Wacom was too old to work with Windows 7 and I really couldn't afford a new one. The DigiPro installed easily and seems to be working fine. It definitely is not as good as Wacom, but not everybody can afford the best. The software seems to work well and allows for fine adjustment of touch and buttons. If you've just learning or on a tight budget, this will certainly work. Keep in mind it does require a battery for the pen, which may or may not turn into a problem. I haven't had it long enough to find that out. If you have kids, this would be a great idea for them as long as they don't bang on the tip. It does come with three spare tips but, again, I haven't had it long enough to know how long each tip will last. One warning-support is very limited. The DigiPro site is in China and there is no way to register your tablet. I tried to contact them to ask about registering the tablet but kept getting a message "All connections busy". I tried their email contact and just kept getting the message "Your email not sent". Still, the product is worth the low cost and will at least get you started.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 19, 2011
Greetings,

I'm a graphics arts and media professional having executed all kinds and levels of fun and successful projects for the last 25 years or more.

I have never used (though have owned) a tablet before, and not sure why. Just never needed it I guess. Recently, I've been frustrated drawing caricatures and things by hand, then digitizing and cleaning them up or struggling over line thickness, smoothness etc. Believe it or not, on a Win 7 system, I'm still running Corel Graphics 6 (1995) and Photoshop 6 (2003ish) and the tablet works perfectly.

In making a purchase choice, this item created some interesting reflection and consideration - given the wide array of tablets and prices, but I wanted something small, entry level and simple, that would allow me to draw and create more easily. This product is, quite frankly, all that and more, and quite the hoot to have. I love it.

More, the on-board applications, which do NOT match the manual at all, allow me to use it live in a kids presentation show, either as a mouse, a full, opaque drawing tablet, or to annotate nearly anything on or in the screen. The only exception is animations, video and any program that uses the video layer - which is understandable. For these...it seamlessly grabs a still shot of the screen, allowing you to annotate while the video plays behind the scenes. Otherwise, it is fully functional - amazing.

The size is great, fits well on the left, my wireless mouse on the right (I'm left handed so this is REALLY COOL) and my computer supports both...so I can draw and create with the left, and use the mouse simultaneously to click, save, etc. VERY COOL and productive.

The only drawback I see, is the manual (not proper English or close, and barely correlative with the disc and product), but it gets you through. Oh, two others....the pen is touchy. If you're annotating and either touch the tip and pen switches to close or in succession, the program crashes. NOT COOL depending on what you're in the middle of...and there does NOT seem to be an adjustment. Also, the pen could use a power switch to save battery. At first, I laid it on the side - but always worried I was jostling it and wearing down the battery by waking the unit up. Then, I tried putting it upside down in the on-board pen well, but it fits poorly. Finally, after giving that the proper thought, I saw the pen well had a recess for the pen tip - so contrary to all the OTHER posts and my efforts, I've now found that that's EXACTLY what you do...put the pen in the pen well. It hasn't turned on or run down yet. Why none of us reviewing got that, I don't know, lol.

So, it's way cool! Cannot BEAT the price or features. Supercalifragilisticexpialladocious!
on December 23, 2011
Verified Purchase
First off, I'm a beginner and never used a Digital Graphics Tablet before. That being said, the price is awesome, it's easy to use. You can plug it into Windows 7 and use it right away, but you're best off using the cd-rom and installing the drivers. Incidently, I'm using 64-bit windows and have no problems for the frustrated users who are sick of nothing working with 64-bit windows. I mainly use it with Draw Plus 4, and actually bought it because Draw Plus has a pressure sensitive drawing ability. If you've never used a tablet before, there are a few things you need to get used to.... Eg. your pen will be your mouse when you get near the tablet. It can be frustrating, you use your mouse to move to a menu item and start to click it, then you don't watch it and use your pen in your other hand and get near the tablet and your mouse jumps to the other end of the screen! The graphic tablet works where the top of the tablet is all ways the top of your screen and the bottom of the tablet is all ways the bottom of your screen. For this reason, you need to maximize your drawing program, zoom in to where the entire window is your drawing window, etc. For pressure sensitivity, you'll need to install the drivers from the cd-rom. In another review they warn you to remove the battery every time you quit using the pen for the day. Good idea. Also, when putting the battery in the pen, if you look on the inside of the case, there's a slight indention where the battery clip fits in. The cap will only fit on in that one direction because of the way the battery clip is made... The pen uses AAA batteries, if you want to stock up on them... The pen comes with an extra 3 stylus tips, not sure how much they cost when you need more or where to get them. I hope they last a long time. Guess it depends on how you treat the pen.
on July 8, 2010
I ordered this tablet back in January and used it for some months before submitting a review.

Now that I've given this a trial, I can honestly say that this was a great buy. It works well, very responsive, and it's durable. The size is perfect for my small art projects and the controls are very easy to get used to. My father was able to get the hang of everything in just a few short minutes ( and he had never even used a tablet before ).

As for the service, it was great. It arrived on time and the price was very fair.

Ultimately, I'm satisfied with my product and I recommend this for those who want to invest in a tablet, but are on a budget.
on January 24, 2012
Verified Purchase
This review is highly Macintosh centric. I'm writing it because finding MacOS info for a product not specifically aimed at Mac users is often difficult.

I got the tablet today, and had no trouble getting it set up and working perfectly on my old Mac G4 tower, using the included CD - didn't even have to go online to get the Mac driver. Works with one of the USB 1 ports, and in fact even works plugged into the hub on my keyboard. Works fine with Inkwell (Ink), Apple's handwriting recognition software. Tablet requires at least OSX 10.4.11, according to the documentation - I'm running 10.5.8

For the Pros/Cons, I'm doing my best to NOT compare this to other tablets. Let's face it, it's relatively small and cheap. Based on knowing that, here's what I've observed.

Pros:
- Inexpensive.
- Has really good configurability. You can set functions for both buttons on the pen, as well as for the "Hot Buttons" along the edges of the tablet. All of the hot buttons I tried with default functions did what they were supposed to with OSX. That's notable, since it's clearly a Windows-centric product (it even has an Internet Explorer button.)
- Pressure sensitivity seems good (I'm not an artist, though.)
- Accuracy is very good given the tablet's small size versus my monitor's 1600x900 resolution.
- They included extra pen tips!

Cons:
- Pen feels kind of flimsy.
- Pen needs one AAA battery (not a huge con.)
- Worst thing about the pen needing a battery is that it could easily be damaged during battery replacement due to the design.
- Documentation isn't that great - it mostly refers to an entirely different model.

If you're OK with the size of the thing, it's great for the price. I'd have given it 5 stars if the pen didn't make me a little nervous.
on April 16, 2013
Verified Purchase
I just got the tablet this evening but I'm already enjoying it very much. It definitely has a learning curve, especially because the tablet is a bit smaller than -- well it's just kind of small. Totally workable, but I imagine it'll take more practice to get used to it than it would a larger model since this is my first tablet. I bought the tablet as an entry level tablet for graphic design work (I'm a student). It's very responsive and I'm already impressed with how it works in Illustrator CS6. I may have noticed some jumpiness, but honestly that was probably because I was using it like a spaz trying to get used to it. I'll update this later once I've had a chance to do more work with it, but in the meantime here are a few things I wanted to point out:

1. I easily removed that piece of plastic on top. It wasn't aesthetically pleasing to me and I probably won't use those hotkeys very often. I'll probably just leave the corners hotkey'd. It's just glued on one edge to the tablet so I just pulled it off and used a tiny bit of Goo Gone on the stickiness it left behind along the top. It looks perfect now.

2. I have a 2012 Mac Mini running OS 10.8.3. My Mac Mini doesn't have an optical drive so I just went to the UC-Logic website and downloaded the drivers and software from there. I ran and installed them and then plugged in the tablet (thanks to the other reviewers for giving that help) and it worked immediately. It took me like three minutes total with no issues.

3. Cord could stand to be a little longer, but it fits well enough connected from my computer under my desk on the left, to on top of my desk to the right.

***4/17/2013 EDIT:*** I've been using it a few more days and I still love it, but now I have a couple more things to add:

1. While the pressure sensitivity worked perfectly in Photoshop, I could not get it to work in Illustrator. After some internet research I discovered that Adobe built Illustrator so that it requires Wacom drivers to be on the computer in order to activate the pressure settings. So what you need to do is go to Wacom's site and download the drivers for the Intuos3. You don't need to do anything else with the software, you just need to have it on your computer so Adobe sees it and activates the extra settings. After you've done that restart your computer and you should be good to go.

Here's the order I did everything and it worked perfectly: FIRST - Download UC-Logic drivers from their site. SECOND: Download Wacom's Intuos3 drivers from their site. THREE: Plug in graphic tablet. FOUR: Restart computer. FIVE: Create!

2. I ended up disabling the buttons on the pen because I would accidentally click them as I was drawing. I'm sure this is an issue with other tablets, but maybe these buttons are a little more sensitive. I'm not sure. I might order the upgrade pen from Monoprice.com, but until then I'll just keep them disabled because I don't really need them since I still use my mouse for non-Adobe things.

***4/24/13 EDIT:*** So while I still think this is a great tablet for the money, I've purchased a larger model to use at home. The smaller size of this tablet was proving to be something I couldn't get over and between that and the annoyance of unplugging it and taking it back and forth to class every day, I decided to make this strictly my traveling tablet. Its awkward square size makes it difficult to find a case to keep it protected, and I think the pen nibs are extra delicate (I already had to replace one after putting it in my empty pencil case and taking it to class), so I've sort of excepted that this tablet will probably get jacked up after another year of carrying it around. But that's okay. I would have gotten more than my money's worth from it at that point.

I decided to buy the Turcom 8" x 5" Huion Graphic Drawing,Capture Pen and Touch Tablet (Black) for about $15 more than this tablet is currently selling for. I considered getting the Monoprice 6.25" x 10" but frankly that's a little bigger than I want to deal with at the moment. Plus, I'm planning to get the Wacom Bamboo Create fairly soon so I wanted something that was basically the same size as that for cases, ease of transition, etc. I'm going to say that if you have the extra $15, buy the Turcom. It's larger, has better specs, and the writing surface is quite a bit smoother than this tablet. The pen is also much more comfortable in the hand and the nibs seem smoother and more solid. If you're looking for either a tablet to see if you like working with tablets (like I was) or need something to tote around with you daily (like I am now), definitely give this little tablet a try. It's perfectly acceptable for any work you'll need to do. Just be gentle with those nibs!
on November 8, 2010
I picked this tablet up at a yard sale for $10. After installing the "WizardPen" drivers on my Linux machine (Ubuntu 10) and rebooting, it works much like a regular mouse. I've sketched a bit in GIMP and it works fine. Further, with a little practice it can be used as a primary pointing device, although I still prefer my wireless mouse for normal point-and-click usage.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations