As the much anticipated answer to one of the top requests from Pro Tools users, ultra-small Mbox 2 Micro enables Pro Tools users to edit, sequence, and mix sessions created on Pro Tools|HD, Pro Tools LE, and Pro Tools M-Powered systems on the go, as well as compose music with virtual instruments and loops.
About the size of a typical USB flash drive, Mbox 2 Micro offers high-quality 24-bit / 48 kHz sound, a 1/8-inch stereo output for headphone or speaker monitoring (no audio inputs*), and a convenient volume wheel, providing you with the freedom of true editing, sequencing, and mixing mobility. Whether you’re looking to work on studio-created or live sound Pro Tools sessions on the go, or create loop-based or virtual instrument-driven music, Mbox 2 Micro lets you work wherever inspiration takes you.
Mbox 2 Micro sports a slick yet rugged anodized aluminum casing that’s small enough to fit in any size pocket, making it the ultimate mobile Pro Tools editing and mixing solution.
- Ultra-portable, anodized aluminum design for on-the-go editing, mixing, and music creation
- High-quality sound up to 24-bit, 48 kHz (higher sample rates require pre-conversion)
- 1/8-inch stereo output jack for headphone or speaker monitoring (no audio inputs*)
- Convenient volume wheel for quick headphone adjustments
- Powered by USB (USB 1.1 connection, includes USB extension cable)
* Mbox 2 Micro features analog outputs only. If you’re looking to record vocals, real instruments, or sound from other devices, check out the analog and digital inputs available on other Avid products in the Pro Tools LE family.
Pro Tools software is used in countless professional studios around the world, and includes all the tools you need to easily compose, record, edit, mix, and master your projects with pro results — every time.
New in Pro Tools 8 software
- Award-winning Pro Tools recording, editing, and mixing
- 48 simultaneous stereo audio tracks (expandable with Toolkit options)
- Includes dozens of pro effects processing plug-ins and virtual instruments
- Professional MIDI sequencing with dedicated MIDI Editor window
- Integrated Score Editor based on award-winning Sibelius notation software
- Full Elastic Time and Elastic Pitch to easily adjust timing and pitch on your tracks
- Unique Beat Detective LE automatic groove analysis and correction tool
- ReWire support for streaming your favorite applications right into Pro Tools
- Support for the Command|8 control surface
- Huge selection of compatible third-party plug-ins and software options
- Works on Windows and Mac computers
Pro Tools software includes a comprehensive bundle of amazing virtual instruments, effects, and utility plug-ins.
| || |
|Effects, Sound-Processing, Utility Plug-ins|
| || |
|Audio Outputs||Digital Specifications|
|Connector: One 1/8” stereo jack |
(for headphone or speaker monitoring) with volume control
Maximum Output: +3 dBV into 600 Ohms
Frequency Response: -2/+0 dB, 20 Hz – 20 kHz
Dynamic Range: 103 dB A-weighted (THD+N: 0.002%)
|Supported Sample Rates: 44.1, 48 kHz |
Maximum Word Length: 24 bit
Host Connection: One USB 1.1 type A connector (extension cable included)
|Size / Weight / Power|
|Height: 3-1/2” |
|Weight: 1.2 oz. |
Power Requirements: Powered by USB bus only
- Avid-qualified Mac or Windows computer
- Minimum 1 GB of RAM
- DVD-ROM or equivalent optical drive for software installation
- Available USB port for Mbox 2 Micro system (USB hubs not supported)