Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on December 11, 2012
Digipower sells a wonderful charger which in my experience has worked extremely well in the past. I purchased my initial charger at Best Buy and needed additional chargers for which I turned to Amazon. As described on the Amazon website the TC-55S is the correct unit to charge Sony lithium ion camera battery packs. This is also confirmed by checking the Digipower website. The problem is that these chargers are mislabeled. The front of the box clearly states the units are for Samsung batteries and cameras (model TC-55SG) but the back of the box has a sticker indicating the unit to be a model TC-55S for Sony cameras. Peeling the label back shows the wrong model number and the charger itself also has the wrong model number. Whoever was responsible for placing these barcode stickers on the boxes clearly was mistaken. The TC-55SG will not charge Sony batteries. I will need to return the four units I purchased but do not dare to have Amazon ship replacements because of the labeling error. I will try to enclose photos
review image review image review image review image
on December 7, 2012
I really dislike in-camera charging and immediately ordered this unit when I purchased my Sony RX100.

I was a bit leery of a third party charger ruining my OEM battery but it works well with the NP-BX1 battery. I've had no issues after several complete charges.

Note that this charger accommodates multiple battery types and the NP-BX1 fits flush left in the slot with the green arrow facing up and in. It also includes a USB port so you can use the camera to charge one battery and charge another in the unit, very handy!

Pros:
-Chargers a battery and a second via the USB port w/ in-camera charging (charges my smart phone too!)
-Compact
-Foldable plug
-100-240 volts so you can use it worldwide (w/ a plug adapter of course)
-Works well with the NP-BX1 battery

Cons:
-Bright screen (not a big deal and nothing some tape can't take care of)
-Price is acceptable but not a "steal" (at least in my book)

So far I have no complaints and I hope this unit continues to work reliably. Nice to have external charging back!
on October 24, 2011
I have a Sony DSC-HX9V with a Sony NP-BG1 battery that is about a month old. I purchased the Digipower TC-55S as I purchased a Sony NP-FG1 (InfoLithium) battery as a spare and did not want to have to use the proprietary Sony USB cable to charge my battery via the camera.

I received the TC-55S and charged the NP-BG1. When I put the battery back in the camera I now receive an error 'For use with compatible battery only' on the camera screen. Google searches on the internet indicate that the 'smart' battery is now fried.

I am returning the charger- not sure if my specific unit is defective or if this is how the Digipower charger works (i.e. not smart battery friendly)- but either way I am out a $25 battery. :(
on December 26, 2014
You need this if you want to charge a sony battery outside the camera. I can keep a spare battery ready while I am using the camera. If you are charging the battery inside the camera, the camera may not be used for photographing.
on March 25, 2014
Works great ..there's a moving led battery charge indicator ..hard to show in pictures ..segmented battery moves upwards in slices as charge is increasing in battery ..will be using as a travel charger for sony rx100 2.
on December 26, 2014
A good charger for Sony NP-BX1 batteries. The screen showing charging level is a nice feature, as is the USB port so you can charge additional devices. One issue I noticed when using this charger is that the battery fits very snuggly so much so that it peeled back the sticker on my battery which caused some issues when trying to place the battery back in the camera.
on December 9, 2013
I have seen some complain it's too big. I find it to be versatile and provides a good graphic of how much charge is on your battery and how the charging is progressing. It provides an adapter that securely attaches for when you are in Europe with those funky outlets. Love is too strong a word for a battery charger. It was small enough to fit in the case on my belt where I keep my camera and it did not get lost. I "like" it.
on June 3, 2015
I can't give 0 stars, so I had to give 1. This review is not for the product, but the seller. Or the person responsible for sticking the bar code stickers on the boxes. After reading a lot of reviews, I decided to go with this charger over the Sony OEM. After I found this charger, I was hesitant to purchase it here because so many people said they received the wrong product or theirs did not work.

The item you purchase says it is for a TC-55S Travel Charger for Sony... But Digipower makes basically the same charger for Sony, Nikon, Samsung, etc. The Sony version is TC-55S; the Nikon TC-55N. When I received the product, it advertised all over the box that is for charging Nikon cameras. I looked at the back of the box and the sticker bar code over the original bar code listed the model as TC-55S. I thought I would try it anyhow...no chance this will charge a Sony battery. I peeled back the bar code sticker and the box says TC-55N!

I don't know what this company is thinking, but you can't trick people with this kind of thing. It either fits my Sony battery or it doesn't. Buying this was a total waste of my time and effort. Listen to the reviews...buy the Digipower Travel Charger, but buy if from someone who isn't lying about the model!
on August 25, 2013
I was looking for a good charger for my Sony DSC-RX100 camera and I purchased both the TC-55S and the Sony BC-TRX chargers because I wasn't sure which would be better (and more compact) for traveling to Europe. I didn't even open the Sony charger. The Digipower device is exactly what I was looking for. It is more compact than the Sony charger (2-3/8" x 4" x 1" for Digipower TC-55S and 2" x 1-1/2" x 3-1/2"), so it will "pack" more efficiently in my bag (I don't smoke, but the Digipower looks about the size of a pack of cigarettes). I also like that it includes a slick plug adaptor for European electrical outlets. The Sony battery slides in easily and the charge indicator clearly shows the charging status. I used the USB port to charge my iPhone 5 at the same time. No problems.

For travelers, this charger means I can use it for charging everything - my RX100 camera, my iPhone 5 and my iPad (3) - on my trip without having to bring my Apple adaptors or other charging devices. That's well worth the price, in my opinion. It doesn't include any USB or micro cords, but, like me, you probably have a gazillion of those already.
on October 28, 2012
I like charging my batteries outside of my camera. I charge one while using the other. The RX-100 promotes in camera charging. So there is no OEM charger yet.

The charger works reliably. It is rated for 100-240v so you can travel with the charger. It comes with a prong adapter for the two tube asia/europe plug, but its just loose so I'll likely lose this.

A must have for travelers who own a RX-100.