Digital Audio Output Cable??? Where can I find the cable that fits this TV's digital audio output? TY. It's not regular coaxial or optical cable I can find anywhere.
asked by j. on December 26, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
It actually is a coaxial digital audio jack. The connector looks just like a regular RCA plug. You might be confused by the placement. I missed it at first, too. Right next to the "digital audio out" label is a plug you can pull out with some strange-looking connector. Not sure what that is, but it's not the digital audio. The digital audio is actually to the left of the label, a black RCA-type next to a red-white RCA combo.
JagManDu answered on December 31, 2008
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
thank you.
j. answered on January 1, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
did the coaxial cable work when you did it? I called Sharp and the didn't have cables and said it wasn't coaxial. It does look like a regular RCA plug and if that is the case, then I'll just go by a coaxial cable.
Samwise Gamgee answered on December 27, 2009

A
I am working with the same TV and found out that a single regular RCA cable to the digital audio output (black color) connector to a similar single digital audio in RCA jack (Such as the one on a Bose V35) does work. The setup I'm working with has no cable box, just a coaxial cable TV cord going directly into the TV with no separate tuner system. I was able to get surround sound to work to a 5-speaker system. I would like to see how a gold coaxial RCA-type connector with a solid core (as opposed to stranded) does to deliver better audio. If I get to do that, I'll update here. Sharp might have confused coaxial cable like the kind that delivers TV signal from the cable TV company with coaxial audio cable.
Evan Chvotkin answered on June 4, 2011

A
Does anyone know if you can use the Digital Audo Output with headphones, bought a Sharp LCD DP26640, its for my 84 year old Mother and she has hearing loss?! Thanks for any iimput
Richard Provencher answered on February 8, 2012

A
I thought it was the square input, as well. Thanks for this tip, and it works great. Sharp wanted to charge me $28 to answer this question. The thing that threw me was that the manual refers to the output as coaxial. It is simply takes a single RCA cable. Wonder what that square connection is all about?
Mark A. Solomon answered on May 21, 2012

A
I have a older hp pavilion pc with a round hd digital audio output connector and cannot find a cable to use on it . Can you help. Jerry
Jerry answered on April 28, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product