1,067 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Tickled pink, with my new Omega!
Published on May 4, 2010 by Shiloh True

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking but lacking precision
Published on August 21, 2010 by Amazon Guy 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Tickled pink, with my new Omega!, May 4, 2010
This review is from: Omega Ultra Slim Digital Bathroom Scale, 400 lb. Capacity, Sense-On Technology
I have a beaten-up, Taylor scale, that's about ten, plus, years old. I resisted getting rid of it, because it's the most accurate scale I've ever owned. It's spot-on with my Dr's very expensive scale and the scale at my workplace. But, in the last few months, it has gotten quirky. It remains accurate, but I have to jump around on it like a trampoline, to make it come on. It was time to say goodbye to my old faithful friend. It's so sad; we've shared so many diets together; so many successes and failures. Sigh!

I'm not sure why I settled on the Omega, with SO many choices, but I'm glad that I did. The scale is very thin and modern in appearance. It would be attractive in any setting and, it functions exactly as advertised.

I love the features including: auto on, the extra large LCD display, the weight units in kg, or lbs, the 0.2 lb graduation and the fact that it does come with batteries to get you started. I'm also glad there is a "lo" battery indicator.

Your weight is locked in, for approximately 10 seconds, after weighing. How cool is that! This affords an extra 10 seconds to berate yourself for failure, or maybe to bask in the victory of dropping a couple of pounds. More seriously, it would also be great for someone having trouble seeing around their expansive tummy---or perhaps to weigh yourself and then yourself with an object you would like to weigh---like your toddler, or the dog.

Popping in the batteries and, weighing in for the first time, only took a couple of minutes. And, I'm ecstatic, because I obtained the same weight as my old Taylor scale.

Because of the clean lines of the scale, it appears it will be very easy to keep clean, which is a bonus, too. I'm wondering about battery life, because this thing lights up like a landing strip, but it sure does make it easy to see, particularly if stumbling into the bathroom first thing in the morning, sans glasses or contacts.

I think this would be a great scale for seniors, or anyone with balance issues. The platform is large enough to accommodate almost everyone, unless you're Charles Barkley, but it's so low to the ground, that it might prevent stumbling.

Yes, I'm tickled pink! Of course durability will remain to be seen, since it has only just arrived. But in spite of being so thin, it appears sturdy and well made. We'll see, but right now, I'm happy, happy.

ONE YEAR anniversary (May 2011) UPDATE: My Omega is still going strong, on the same batteries that came with it, one year ago. It has been used two, to three times daily, for the last year. Accuracy remains dependable, and, it shows no wear. A little wipe-down, and it looks exactly like it did right out of the box. So, in conclusion, I'm still happy, happy!

Update 06/24/13: Still functioning well, looks like new, AND, still with the same battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars The clear winner in the bizarre Amazon bathroom scale wars!, December 20, 2011
I needed a good, accurate bathroom scale so I headed to Amazon like usual. Once I started reading the reviews, I was amazed at the fierce competition in the bathroom scale world...and unfortunately all the fake reviews and bribed reviews made it near impossible to figure out what to buy.

I eliminated the brand with the gazillion reviews on all their scales after reading that their reviewers were promised free goods among other things if they left a good review. I had a tough time figuring out if the haters on the other ones were real and those scales were garbage, or if they were also paid off (someone mentioned that reviewers get paid on elance - for good and bad reviews).

So here I was, wanting to eat cookies but not knowing if I'd gain 20 pounds from said cookies. Do I eat 2, 4 or 10? What would the weighty damage be? I was in a real pickle without a scale!

I checked out the Omega brand and overall they seemed the least controversial (and Amazon is awesome about returns) so I took a chance on this one. I'm glad I did. It works. It's accurate (yes lady that asks everyone if they put weights on it to test it...I actually did that). It has big numbers I can read easily so that I know to either stop eating cookies or go ahead and have another. Best of all, it's simple. I need simple, life is complicated enough I don't want to have to get a master's degree to figure out how to operate my bathroom scale.

I use it every day and it has performed perfectly every single day. When it comes to weighing myself, that part of my life is simple and dependable thanks to this scale. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Scale , Sleek Stunning with Precision Accuracy, March 17, 2010
We bought this scale to replace an older Taylor model. This scale is way beyond our expectations. We love the combination of stunning style with high quality digital accuracy. The readings are consistent and accurate every time. The large number display is terrific. You can see the numbers without bending down even in low light situations. We also enjoy the sense-on technology with no more tapping to turn on the scale. You simply step on and get a reading. Would highly recommend to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty repeatable, works well, very visible, October 19, 2010
I've had this scale for about 6 weeks now, and I'm pretty pleased with it.

Pros:
- quick measurement
- repeatable measurement (I get roughly the same answer each time if I get off and back on)
- bright, easy to read display

Cons:
- needs a quick "reset" step when you move it (2-3 seconds)
- scale is small enough (and I'm large enough) that bending over to read the weight cause enough weight to shift forward that it affects the reading. My work around for this is to let the scale lock in for a few seconds before getting back off.
- shifting your weight (as mentioned above) shifts the reading somewhat, but I've found I can comfortably stand in a position that still yields repeatable results.

Over all, I can recommend this scale, especially for the price. It's not a $1000 doctor's office scale, but the low price and small form factor make it a winner in my book.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's fantastic except..., October 20, 2010
The scale arrived incredibly fast, well packed and shipped. It was a breeze to put together and use, except for one problem. I don't know if I just got a bad one or what but that beautiful light up display won't stay lit up. About the time it settles on my weight and it locks, the light goes out. Forcing me to go through all sort of silly bends and gyrations to see the LCD. If I were naturally given to bends and gyrations, I wouldn't have purchased a 400 pound capacity scale. I still give it four out of five stars, because once I do see my weight it's consistent every morning, the scale was extremely well packed, and shipped so darned fast, and it's got a very high quality feel to it. Even though it doesn't work quite as expected, one gets the feeling it will continue to work for a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Omega Ultra Slim Bathroom Scale (Video Review), January 18, 2013
Length:: 2:01 Mins

First of all, for the price, I was honestly expecting a cheaply made product. I was COMPLETELY wrong.

Out of the four scales my family owns, this is by far the best! The Epica scale is SUPER thin, almost to the point I worried how sturdy it was going to be. After a week of use, I no longer have any worries about the product. It's exactly 20mm thin, and sits sturdy on its four rubber legs. I did try using it on the carpet, but it unfortunately isn't made to do so. The best part of this product is the fact you don't have to manually calibrate it, like many others on the market. It's as easy as stepping on, waiting for the LCD screen to blink, and step off. Your weight is displayed for 10 seconds before the unit turns itself off. As you can see from my video, the scale is very accurate. Out of the three times I stepped on the scale, it gave me the exact same reading (down to the .1 of a pound).

I have no complaints and would STRONGLY recommend this product to someone looking for an affordable bathroom scale with all of the extra features of a more expensive unit! Hope you guys like my video review! If it is helpful, I'll start doing more on Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Scale !!, March 25, 2010
I bought this scale on the recommendation of a friend. I must say that I am really impressed. It looks really nice and always gives me accurate readings, compared to the scale at my gym. It is very thin with a nice blue back light. The display is nice and large, and easy to read even when I'm standing straight. It looks great in my bathroom . I am very happy with this purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking but lacking precision, August 21, 2010
After reading reviews and the price, I took a chance and bought this model. I should've gone with a different brand. The scale fluctuates with every weighing. I've done various approaches - weighing everyday to weighing-stepping-off-for-a-couple-minutes-weighing-again. The majority of the time it will vary by as much as 2 lbs regardless of method used even when stepping in the same area of the foot deck.

The 2 stars are for its sleek design; however, since its main function is to measure, I can't give it a good rating. I'd recommend looking elsewhere even if you have to pay more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless for accuracy, November 13, 2011
For the past two weeks, I've been dieting and exercising, and thought it would be good to track progress as I go with a scale. According to this one, I lost over 35 pounds so far - which is impossible. This scale is very sensitive. While weighing myself, I've noticed up to a 20 pound variation just by putting my weight on my toes or heels. Trying to be as centered as possible doesn't seem to help either, because I still noticed 5-10 pound differences not even a few seconds apart each weigh in. I can't even say this scale is good for a general idea of how much you weigh, because every week I weigh myself it goes down 10 pounds or more. It also refuses to stay on a single number when I double check my current weight, or even within 5 of the first number it gives me. Another problem is that sometimes the scale will turn off not even a few seconds of me being on it, forcing me to weigh myself multiple times just to see the inaccurate number it's trying to give me. Other times, it won't turn on at all until I fiddle with it. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone for any purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works without problems, May 2, 2012
After using this Omega digital scale for two months, I can't really find anything to complain about for a scale in the twenty five dollar price range. What I need from a scale is the numbers to go up when gaining weight, go down when losing weight and stay the same when no changes. And this is what I got from this one. I measured multiple times before and after meals, with and without a coat, before and after an output operation, and the numbers were consistently higher when you expected them to be higher, and lower when you expected them to be lower. It also correlated with other factors (how belts and pants feel when gaining/losing weight, etc).

One point to note, I did not compare its measurements with professional gym and medical scales, so I can't tell you how it performs in that fashion.

The scale takes four AAA batteries, inserted in pairs of two on the bottom side of the device (upper left and upper right corners). Four Industrial brand single use AAA batteries were included in the box. The blue backlight is a nice touch and very easy to read. The scale shows weight in 0.2 lb increments. You can switch from Kilos to Pounds and vice versa by pressing the button located on the bottom side of the device (upper area, in the middle of the top row).

To weigh yourself, simply step on it, and it will turn on and start measuring. No need to tap the corner like my previous scale, which I found rather annoying.

It needs to be placed on a flat surface, and if you move it, you have to recalibrate it, which, based on reading the tea leaves in the four page user manual, means to tap on the main surface briefly to turn on, not step on it, let it measure 0, then let it turn off on its own, and then measure yourself as usual. Or you can remove and reinsert the batteries.

Speaking of the four page user manual, it looks like it was written with computer translation or using a dictionary. Tortured sentences and typos it has, but it manages to communicate what needs to be communicate. Of the four pages, two of them are the meat, the other two pages are the front cover and back cover :)

Rate and Discover Movies