4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
Published on July 21, 2011 by Miguebelle

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
This purchase is not what I expected and I would return it except my 6 y/o is in love with it. First off, and this is my misunderstanding, but the name of it is "Digital Blue". That is just the name of the company. I was looking for a digital tuner but this only has the dial.

Published on April 27, 2011 by Jennifer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, April 27, 2011
This review is from: Digital Blue Barbie Boombox White/Pink (Toy)

This is a very flimsy radio. My daughter previously had a Hello Kitty boombox and it was solid but after two years, it had a short in it so we were looking to replace it. The CD player lid on this boom box is uneven and thin. I'm just waiting for it to break. When the CD plays, you can hear it spinning over the music. The sound of the speakers is ok since it's for a 6 y/o.

Lastly, and this is purely aesthetic - the boom box is white and hot-pink but the cord that comes with it is black. A minor complaint, but it really does look bad since for our placement, the cord has to show.

Updated months later to add - After only a couple of weeks, the sound on this became permanently loud, despite trying to turn it down. I do not recommend this radio.

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, July 21, 2011
This review is from: Digital Blue Barbie Boombox White/Pink (Toy)
It is super cute, but it is intended for girls ages 7-10. They have to be old enough to take care of their things or the antenna or opener will break. However, it works well when treated properly. The sound isn't great, but good enough for a preteen. My daughter is 6 and absolutely loves it. She has had it since Christmas and the only issue we have had is that the antenna broke off because her little brother got ahold of it. It is definitely worth the $40.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute!, May 20, 2011
This review is from: Digital Blue Barbie Boombox White/Pink (Toy)
So far it's working well and my 7 year old can use it all by herself. Other blogs have mentioned the CD players break quickly. So far so good on this one but it is not made for rough treatment. Very cute in appearance and nice sound and radio reception for a reasonably priced unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute!, March 9, 2011
This review is from: Digital Blue Barbie Boombox White/Pink (Toy)
My daughter loves her Barbie boombox. We have used it for a month now and so far I have no complaints. She can play all her favorite CDs and even listen to radio stations! Good purchase!

1.0 out of 5 stars quite a disappointment, February 25, 2012
Lydia Estridge (Fort Wayne, IN United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Digital Blue Barbie Boombox White/Pink (Toy)
This was received as a Christmas gift. My 4 1/2 year old loves Barbie and wanted a CD player in her own room. We have had it just shy of 2 months and the CD player has stopped working. It has been treated with care. It sits on her bookcase and only has been operated by me. We are extremely disappointed. Her sister has a Disney Princess CD player that has been used for 4 years and still works great dispite receiving some bumps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Barbie Boombox, December 14, 2011
This review is from: Digital Blue Barbie Boombox White/Pink (Toy)
I recently bought this for my almost 3 year old to listen to lullabies during her nap and "dancing" music while she plays in her room. The sounds quality is just fine for what we use it for. It's up on her dresser, but she's gotten her hands on it a few times and we've had no problems. She is even able to work the buttons by herself. FYI, the FM/AM tuner is not digital, you tune it with a nob.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute and sounds good but..., August 5, 2013
This review is from: Digital Blue Barbie Boombox White/Pink (Toy)
This is a very cute boombox but the AM/FM tuning is REALLY bad. The CD player functions are fine and the sound is good but trying to manually tune into a radio station is almost impossible. This item would be much better with digital tuning.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad experience, March 20, 2013
This review is from: Digital Blue Barbie Boombox White/Pink (Toy)
When my granddaughter got this for her birthday the CD would not work. Had to send it back and replace it with a different brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink&White Barbie Boombox, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Digital Blue Barbie Boombox White/Pink (Toy)
I bought my 6 year old little sister this boombox for this passing Christmas and she absolutely ADORES it! The volume gets pretty high and the am/fm radio gets pretty good reception too. You can plug the radio into the wall or put batteries in it and thats a pretty nice factor too.

1.0 out of 5 stars AC adapter connection is too loose - no ac power, December 8, 2012
This review is from: Digital Blue Barbie Boombox White/Pink (Toy)
AC adapter connection is real loose. There's no power / power light will not come on at all. I plan on getting some C batteries and see if that works. I got this as a present for my granddaughter and am glad I tested it out before wrapping. I guess I get to see how well they back their product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›