Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 2, 2007
I purchased cameras for all of my kids for our trip to Disney World. They each received their cameras on their preceding birthdays. My youngest's birthday was just a week before our departure date. Immediately after we opened the package we were finding problems. In order to change the batteries (which must be rechargable and run out quickly) you have to remove two screws--not practical for daily changing. Then, the previews on the LCD monitor were all "oversxposed". There isn't a way to turn off the flash so there was no way to resolve the issue. We also had difficulty with the software that came with the product. I contacted the company and they were rude and useless. I am very dissastisfied. The camera is going back and I will be purchasing something else before our trip--money I did not plan on spending.
on December 23, 2007
This is the worst piece of technology I've ever encountered. To President and CEO of Crayola LLC, Mark J. Schwab and the rest of your management team, Dona Fisher, VP and CFO and Thomas J. Owens, VP, Operations...do you know how absolutely worthless this camera is?!?!? The creators of this camera deserve to be fired for the trying to pass this off as a camera. My husband is having a hard time installing the software because it just doesn't work, and mind you he is a Senior SystemS Administrator in IT, the sounds of the buttons are obnoxious and the camera takes such poor quality pictures that delete after the camera is shut off. SHAME ON YOU Crayola LLC for trying market such a worthless item to young children. Save your money and DON'T BUY THIS CAMERA!!! I wish I could give this MINUS 5 stars if I could! Thanks for ruining my son's Christmas present.
44 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2007
Both of my daughters for Christmas. I purchased the first one on sale and the other at full price. I took them out of the packages. I wanted them to be able to use the cameras right away when they opened them on Christmas this year. I put the batteries in the camera, which was difficult because the batteries are held in by two very small screws that are hard to remove. Once I got the camera together, I decided to test it out. The photo quality was absolutly horrible. I took a picture of my cat and it looked like a blob with lightes shooting out. My boyfriend then attempted to take a photo of me at optimal 5ft distance. You can only recognize the shape of the person, not the person in the photo. Needless to say, one of the cameras is going right back to the store. Unfortunately since they were purchased and opened at different times, I only have the packaging for one camera. I plan on giving my 2 year old the camera we are keeping, so she can get used to taking care of something. Hopefully it is at least durable. I wouldn't waste my money on this product if I were you. Lessons learned, do your research before you purchase.
on February 19, 2008
It's a horrible camera, the minute the batteries get low and sometimes when it gets shut off you loose all the pictures. Got if for my daughter when she was 6 and it did nothing but break her heart as every time she took photos and got into they just got deleted before we got home to upload them to the computer. Don't buy this camera!
on October 20, 2009
i'm surprised to read all of these horrible reviews. we have enjoyed the camera.

PROS--
-easy to use for my four year old. loved the simple buttons.
-pictures are ok once downloaded to the computer
-i don't think the LCD screen is as bad as other reviews. it's fine.
-i also have had no problems with loosing pictures from the memory. my daughter deletes all the bad ones and it keeps about 20-30.
-we've used it a lot for two days and the batteries are still fine (energizer).
-easy to grip. my four-year-old hasn't dropped it yet.
-my three-year-old has dropped it and it didn't break.
-she loves the sounds.
-software was fun. she loved making a book. super easy to use the projects.
-i like that the batteries are under screws and away from prying little fingers.

CONS--
--the FLASH! it's way too bright and the close-ups are flooded. we ended up putting a finger over it most of the time.
--the projects on the software are great, but the editing software isn't much different than photoshop. i thought it would be easier.

overall, it has been fun.
on February 17, 2008
Please don't buy this camera. It is a big dissapointment. I was not expecting much since it is a kid's camera, but it was so much further from even my loswet expectations. Firts of all the prewview screen had a sticker over it and it took a lot of work peeling it off. Then every picture taken was unviewable. I was not sure what they were of and I took half of them myslef. It also ate battieries like crazy. My kids enjoyed it for about an hour before they wre total junk and unusable. I didn't even get to the point of hooking them up to the computer, i packed them up and took them back to the store the next day. I am pretty dissapointed in all the kids cameras that are out there today - is even 2.0 megapixles too much to ask for? Or something that lets them take a decent picture and enjoy the experience. Anyway - don't waste your time and money on this camera.
on February 3, 2008
My daughter received this camera as a Christmas gift. I wish I have read other people comments before buying it. The images in almost all the pictures cannot be distinguish, some are blured dark images and when using the flash they look like a white ghostly figure. Also the software is not at all what we expected and what was advertised. DON'T BUY THIS CAMERA!!!!!
on December 31, 2007
Software and drivers are difficult to install and use. It took three attempts with the drivers before my computer would recognize the camera.

The camera is actually worse than the software! Batteries discharge very quickly (< 20 pics), and without any warning. This means my daughter loses all of her pictures before she has a chance to download them. Even when she manages to download a picture, the quality is awful.
on October 26, 2009
I bought this for my 2 year old. The problem with picture quality is greatly exaggerated. Yes the photos have a hot spot when the flash is used, so the trick is simple. Put a piece of tape over half the flash. It fixes the problem. That is why I give this camera 3 stars. Because you do have to modify it with tape since there is no flash setting.

The included software is a bit slow in editing the pictures, but my 2 year old is still too young to use a PC. My plan is to let her use the camera until it breaks and then get her a new one. But the picture quality is descent for $30.
She loves the camera and loves taking pictures, I don't think picture quality maters that much to her anyways.
on December 27, 2007
I purcased this camera as the final gift for my daughter. I thought the idea of her being able to use it and then editting the pics with the included software sounded like a great intro into scrapbooking with me. It turns on and then immediately back off. You have to do a combo of pushing the power button to get it to stay on. Then, the photos are terrible. My daughter packed it around for 1/2 an hour trying to figure it out and then lost all hope and it went by the wayside.

SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR A Fisher Price Kid Tough Digital Camera.