Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Digital Concepts TR-60N Camera Tripod with Carrying Case
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Showing 1-10 of 124 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on September 28, 2005
I don't usually take the time to write reviews... but I've appreciated all the other Amazon users that do so in aiding my purchase decisions and would like to reciprocate the favor.

First off... the item is just as pictured. Contrary to a previous post, there is a hook for stabilization. Nobody mentioned that the tripod has a directly mounted carry handle also (kinda like a briefcase handle).

Pros: light, stabilizer hook, carry handle, carry case (perfect fit - doesn't add bulk), dual liquid bubbles, and quite study for the price (which is pretty damn cheap and sufficient for most users).

Cons: materials used may not be the best quality... I wouldn't want to place my $5000 digital SLR on this (which I don't have), but if you're a pro, you'd probably spend >$100 for one anyhow.

Very please with purchase. Highly recommend!
1010 comments|296 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2003
For [$$], you can't go wrong with this tripod. For the casual photographer, this will do the job. It's a solid design--using strong, thick plastic parts and a light weight frame--that is easy to use. Functions exactly as advertised. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a firm foundation for their low to mid-end camera.
on March 30, 2005
I have had this tripod for around 3 weeks now and have used it in many weather conditions. Overall the build is cheap and the weaknesses are the plastic moving parts. The screws are all metal and this makes the build a little stronger. The legs are great as are the levelers and options. Little stiff to make minor adjustments but I imagine these decrease with use.

Overall this is a great tripod for the price. The lightweight aluminium and plastic build are okay. I would recommend this tripod for the average user. The build is relatively small also which makes it easy for quick use in tight areas.
on October 18, 2005
This is a full-featured tripod at a great price. It is very lightweight, but seems relatively sturdy. I've been using it only for indoor photography, so I'm not sure how it might fare in the outdoors. The relatively narrow span of the tripod legs made me wonder about the overall stability of it, but I tested it and this does not seem to be a problem--in fact it seems to be an advantage as the legs are less likely to interfere with photographer or subject. It comes with its own soft carrying case with shoulder strap (basic, but does the job), and also has a carrying handle permanently mounted on the tripod itself. Levelling is easy (and this is something I'm usually not so good at). This is probably not something for a professional photographer, but great for an amateur like me. I am such an amateur that I would have appreciated some kind of instructions for the use of the tripod. It came with nothing except the promotional pictures and text on the box, and it took me a while to figure out how to manage some of its features.
on January 28, 2008
This product was not intended for the larger SLR or Digital cameras. The head is plastic and not stable enough to hold the weight of your high dollar cameras. The concept and the Production are correct. This tripod needs to be upgraded to a light weight aluminum to hold the larger SLR and Digital cameras. It works fine on the smaller three through eight mega pixel cameras that are light weight cameras used with the timer and on automatic.
on August 16, 2006
I am delighted with my purchase (actually I used my Amazon Rewards to pay for it). It is easy to use & makes picture taking so much easier for someone who can't hold the camera still! It was a little awkward for me to set up until I got the hang of it, but now I have no problem.
on January 18, 2007
I read over 75% of the reviews before I bought this and I was NOT

disappointed! It has better feet than ones I looked at for 6 times

the price, an excellent 1st Tripod for us novice photo bugs.
on June 16, 2006
Great tripod at affordable price. I was under the impression that this will not work for my camcorder and it only works with my digital camera, its best suited for both.
on October 24, 2005
Actually I didn't expect too much for such a cheap tripod. But it is beyond my expectations! I highly recommend it!
on August 6, 2006
For someone who needs a tri-pod occasionally, like me, this product is a great deal.

Although a little plastic feeling, it gets the job done and feels like it'll last a long time if I take care of it. It has the level indicators, which are nice, and the easy slip off attachment for the camera.

It meets my needs at a the price of a disposable camera.