Customer Discussions > The Matrix forum

Digital Copy Authorization Code "Not Valid"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 31, 2009 3:11:23 PM PDT
Allison says:
I just purchased this disc an hour ago. Put in the DVD to download the digital copy and after I type in the code, I am told it is "Not valid". Clicking the help link takes me to a Warner Bro. support form that doesn't even work because (1) The Matrix 10th Anniversary Edition isn't even listed and (2) one of the required drop-down menus doesn't have any options so it won't submit!

Posted on Apr 1, 2009 10:10:23 AM PDT
Hectic says:
Yeah, that sucks. I don't know why they aren't ready for this kind of stuff, but it happens. I know it happened when WALL-E was released. Disney took care of it though. I'd look on WB's site to see if there was a way to email their customer service about this or something. Honestly though, the DC's that come with these movies have crappy quality. (They're only 480p!) I don't even bother with the DC's anymore. I can rip any BR I want at whatever quality of video/audio I want and it's better than the copy you download, plus no stupid DRM entangled with it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2009 6:32:40 AM PDT
Mark says:
If you have iTunes...do it directly from there. My code didn't work until I entered it directly from iTunes.

Posted on Jul 21, 2009 12:08:08 PM PDT
i bought the blu-ray book and was expecting a digital copy dvd but there was none... are there two different version of this blu-ray? i see no description of the digital copy on amazon specs but many reviews say it comes with it and at dvd empire thay have the same dvd with same isbn #'s and it does say it comes with digital copy. does someone knows more about this?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2009 12:16:41 PM PDT
Mark says:
I believe there are 2 versions. One version contained a dvd with a digital copy but I think it was a promotional thing that may have ended. I got mine at a local store and there were some with and without the digital copy. You may still find some with the digital copy in it. The Blu-ray disc itself is no different.

Posted on Jul 23, 2009 8:01:10 PM PDT
Says the offer expires March 31, 2010. And indeed I entered that code numbers of times and got invalid code each time. Never had that issue with a digital copy before. Not sure what WB is thinking by not even including it in the title list. Course the only logical way to get around this is pick the only blu ray title listed. I"m sure Kumar is having a ball somewhere. And I don't want to run it in itunes. Windows media player thank you!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2009 2:10:23 PM PST
J. Marino says:
Yeah I just went through all my Blu Rays and got the digital copies downloaded except The Matrix and I just bought it 2 or 3 months ago thanks for telling me it expires on March 31, 2010 Ive been trying to find out when it expires but does anyone know when this problem will be fixed and so we can get our digital copies!?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2010 8:51:44 AM PST
A. Fuller says:
The problem still exists! This is ridiculous. I just received my 10th Anniversary Edition yesterday and the authorization code wasn't accepted. As previously reported, the Warner Bros. website is useless as all of the ways to contact them use forms with drop down menus that either do not work or do not include the proper choices (come on, no Windows 7 under operating systems???). Has anyone found a solution to this yet? By golly, I bought a digital copy and I want it!

Posted on Feb 27, 2010 3:05:57 AM PST
Brian Costa says:
I saw the price had dropped to 13 bucks and I thought what a steal. I saw a few sites said it came with a DC. When I got it today, only one disc and nothing about a DC. Lame but for 13, I guess I'm going going to bitch, but it's kind of annoying.

Posted on May 10, 2010 7:54:49 PM PDT
C. Funk says:
I bought the version with the DC back in February and misplaced it until last weekend. Nice surprise! I tried to use the DC code in iTunes and it told me it was expired. I contacted WB support asking how I could get a replacement code, as I had bought it, in part, for the digital copy, and they told me it was promotional and designed to expire on March 31, 2010. They said the date was clearly printed on the packaging so I should have known and that they could not offer a replacement.

Boo, WB.

Yet another unhappy customer.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2011 6:06:05 PM PDT
John Graham says:
"Yet another unhappy customer. "

Yeah, I'm sure they are all crying after reading your post. No offense but it clearly states on the package the expiration date. Not sure you can blame them for not wanting to honor an expired promotion.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2011 7:44:51 PM PDT
J. Marino says:
Yeah it says the expiration date was in 2010 and most of us tried to use it in 2009 what does that tell you? False Expiration Date.

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 1:56:52 AM PDT
Soo Ewe Jin says:
I thought at first it was because I was from Malaysia, and that the code does not work outside of the UK. The three triple play discs I bought were via Amazon UK. Now from this discussion, I realise UK residents also have similar problems. I have just sent three separate email to the studios and am waiting for their reply. If this is too much trouble, I won't bother buying any BD or DVD with digital copy thrown in.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 8:25:57 PM PDT
VFWSKY says:
Universal will not help you in that situation, neither will sony. :-(

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 8:26:37 PM PDT
VFWSKY says:
Not for me. I wish that it did, but it doesnt.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 8:31:59 PM PDT
VFWSKY says:
If you buy a dvd w/digital copy, it doesnt state on the outside of the package the expiration date of the digital copy. You buy the blu-ray w/digital copy and you pay more for it, for that reason. You get it home to find out that it expired. I do believe they should honor it as long as they are still putting them on the market. Or tell the stores to take them off the shelves and the companies replace them. It is deceitful.

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 1:25:38 PM PST
MisRedLotus says:
Okay, so this has NOTHING to do with the Matrix, but I recently got a copy of Prometheus and it came with a digital copy, it's not expired yet, but when I type the code it, it tells me it's not valid for my region (I'm in Canada) So I don't know what's going on.

Posted on Nov 10, 2014 3:58:29 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 10, 2014 9:31:03 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Matrix forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Mar 31, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 10, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Matrix
The Matrix by Keanu Reeves (VHS Tape - 1999)
4.5 out of 5 stars (3,711)