Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 6, 2012 3:09:01 AM PST
J. Brown says:
Has this been confirmed anywhere as having the original Apple downloaded digital copy? Or, is it going to go with the current trend to have the second rate Ultraviolet digital copy?

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 9:44:38 PM PDT
R-D says:
Mission:Impossible - Ghost Protocol Blu-Ray+Dvd+Digital Copy is a Paramount Pictures release and their combo packs contain both iTunes Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital "Copy". The digital copy code insert can be used for both versions.

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 10:51:37 PM PDT
Sing Freely says:
Phew, I was about to ask this myself when I saw the post. I'm glad at least one production company figured out how to keep everyone happy.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 7:12:25 AM PDT
Universal is the other that offer both versions. I only use iTunes digital copies.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 7:01:04 PM PDT
Same here. At first when I saw the insert I thought it was for the Ultraviolet copy only which can't be used for Apple TV then I realized the code is good for both. At least Paramount has it together. Now to watch the movie!

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 4:46:37 PM PDT
Wayne Klein says:
Yeah, Paramount at least did the right thing here by providing both for those who want to download the film.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 4:37:05 AM PDT
K. White says:
Most of this is info was posted prior to MI Ghost Protocol's release, so has anyone actually purchased the combo from Amazon? I too cannot stand the Ultraviolet download method and prefer to download using iTunes. Does this combo include an iTunes code? Thanks for your help.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 8:35:17 AM PDT
M. Yates says:
I've read reviews on Amazon and elsewhere saying that the code is redeemable for either Ultraviolet or iTunes (pick the one you want). However, one reviewer on Amazon said today (4/21) that she's been trying for hours to download the iTunes version but has had to download other Ultraviolet garbage first, and still hasn't been able to get the iTunes version. Would really appreciate if someone who has been successful downloading iTunes version could post so we'd all know.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 9:01:04 AM PDT
Artemus says:
I've been trying to download the iTunes version for the past few days and I keep running into an error still. Am about to send a help ticket to Apple about it. I hope it's not because I also redeemed it on my Ultraviolet account (after redeeming it on iTunes), since that'd be a first for these movies that allow redemption on both formats.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 9:04:45 AM PDT
M. Yates says:
Thanks for the input, Artemus. I read elsewhere that the code works for both versions, but can only be used once. So if you downloaded the Ultraviolet first, that's probably why iTunes isn't working.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 10:23:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 21, 2012 10:26:00 AM PDT
RivalShadeX says:
I was able to use the code to redeem this for both the iTunes and Ultraviolet digital copies.

It has separate instructions for downloading each type of digital copy.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 10:25:30 AM PDT
M. Yates says:
Thanks for confirming, RivalShadeX. Gonna pick me up a copy today!

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 1:25:41 AM PDT
Artemus says:
Hey my iTunes digital copy finally downloaded today without errors and is working fine. And it works on my Ultraviolet account without issues as well.

Posted on May 4, 2012 5:00:15 PM PDT
regarding the digital copy, is it 1080p? or DVD quality?

Posted on May 10, 2012 9:12:53 AM PDT
CiaoBella says:
Can someone post the instructions for redeeming the digital copy on itunes? If there was some sort of insert, I think a family member threw it away. Thanks!

Posted on May 19, 2012 3:45:20 PM PDT
I am glad this came with ultra-violet digital copy. With iTunes digital copy I am very limited on where I can watch the movie. Ican only watch it on my computer or iPad. I can't watch it on any other net connected devices, like an Xbox, Playstation or Blu-ray player like I can with vudu and ultra-violet!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 4:52:15 PM PDT
Tony Pruitt says:
Hi Eva - go into I-Tunes, click on Movies on the top bar. Then on the right side, click on Redeem. Plug in the same UltraViolet Digital Copy code and login to I-Tunes - you should be good to go. I only had the one sheet for UV - assumed it wouldn't work for I-Tunes. But after seeing the posts here about it working for both, I can verify that it does indeed. Note that I had also redeemed the UltraViolet one first thinking it was all I had available.

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 1:57:01 PM PDT
B. Brown says:
If you go here: http://www.paramountdigitalcopy.com/ecopy/selectmedia.aspx?discid=9e011e75-9eb2-4967-8a12-d50e842e581e and enter the digital copy code into the Amazon Video choice, you will get a code for $14.99 Amazon VOD credit. Is that credit ONLY good for this movie or can you use it $14.99 worth of ANY video on demand purchases?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 3:46:59 PM PST
Does you get an answer to this? I'd like to know as well. I'd also like to know, if I use the Amazon option, can I access it any time through my Amazon account, or is it one-time use only?

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:07:48 PM PST
B. Brown says:
Seemed only work once and only for this movie (could also have applied the code to iTunes or other options, but not more than one option.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:01:47 PM PST
No, I don't mean the ultraviolet code, I mean the Amazon VOD code (the one that is generated when you select that option)...I know the code itself only works once, but I'm wondering if it is only good for one viewing of the movie, or if it's permanently added to your Amazon VOD "library".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:09:07 PM PST
B. Brown says:
Yes, it is permanently added. I added it months ago and I still have $14.99 VOD credit. Whether it will work with anything other than this particulae title, I don't know, as I am afraid of buying another title and being charged the full $14.99 if the credit is not applied to it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Mar 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) by Tom Cruise (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (1,856)