Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Digital Engagement: Internet Marketing That Captures Customers and Builds Intense Brand Loyalty
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

93%

on February 25, 2009
While I am an accomplished entrepreneur having owned three successful businesses I admit I was intimidated by trying to wade through the new and expanding world of internet marketing. There isn't a day in my life that I don't access the internet for one reason or another but I had not even scratched the surface when it came to utilizing the power of this beast to build my business. That is until I ran across Leland Harden's "Digital Engagement". This book not only laid out a path for me to navigate towards success with internet marketing it gave me tools that I implemented that very day that changed the course of my business, literally. I went from no presence (not even a website) to getting in front of 80,000 qualified customers and actually interacting with 33 of them that showed an interest in my store within 3 days and for only $20. Amazing. Needless to say the door has been opened and it is because of "Digital Engagement". I am personally purchasing a copy of it for my close friends that have a need for business expansion. When I purchased the book for myself I had an event planned in my store and was concerned because I had very little interest. I ended up with over 50 customers in the store and sales were through the roof. Thanks guys, thanks for brining the "world wide web" to my backyard and showing me how to work it!!
[...]
Leland Harden and Bob Heyman's authoritative guide is exciting some of the time, rather boring other times, and absolutely essential for anyone working in online marketing, branding, public relations (PR) or community building. getAbstract recommends it to all contemporary marketing professionals and anyone else who is trying to shape a coherent policy for engaging consumers online. When the book is dull, it is dull for the same reasons it is so essential: In places, it is a reference work, which you might consult regularly in short bursts, rather than read through in its entirety. Given that, the index should include each person and Web site the authors mention but, alas, it does not. The book is exciting because it provides two related, necessary pieces of information: specific guidelines for developing online campaigns and tools for measuring their success. If you read it, you'll be able to plan consistently, maximize your online PR investment and track how you've done.
on February 14, 2009
As a web professional and a college professor in mass communication, I am eager to apply Harden and Heyman's ideas and share them with my students. Digital Engagement is a thoroughly relevant business book, and next semester it will be required reading for the students in my online communication course.

Each word in this rich text provides the reader with immediately applicable knowledge; through case studies, examples and checklists, each chapter provides myriad ideas of how to engage customers online. The authors have thought of everything - from optimizing domain names and searches to marketing in the world of social media and handheld devices like iPhones. To those professionals and students in marketing and public relations ready to learn how to succeed in the Web 2.0 environment: this book is your "how to" manual.
on March 28, 2009
Harden & Heyman were harbingers of the internet age with their book NetResults and the updated, NetResults.2. Keeping up with the "faster than lightspeed" internet world, they have "hit another one out of the park" with Digital Engagement. As a direct response marketing consultant, I'm fairly well versed with internet marketing, but they gave me many tips, sites and strategies to use for my clients. Just one insight: If you think Facebook, YouTube, Google & Yahoo Video as well as MySpace are just social sites for teens and twenty-somethings -- WRONG! There's definitely a major coup for businesses savvy enough to use them before their competition catches on.
on February 24, 2009
This book is a fantastic resource. Harden and Heyman freely share their excellent research, which they put in front of you in a straight-forward, easy to follow format. So many of the books in this space focus too heavily on concepts rather than concrete examples, or lapse into techno-babble that is really irrelevant to me as a professional. I LOVED Digital Engagement for its practical, 'news you can use' approach. I know I can take the concepts, strategies, tactics and tools discussed in this book, and apply them to my job right now.
on February 6, 2009
Harden and Heyman were forces at the beginning of the Internet, even before we called it 1.0, and they continue to lead both us Internet savvy veterans and the less experienced into the future. If you are involved in any type of internet business, want to be, or are just curious, this is a must read. Unlike many internet related books, this one is not outdated the day of publication, but rather takes the known and relates the learnings in a way that will empower internet marketers for years. Highly recommended.
Steven G. Bustin
Author and Internet Media Entrepreneur
on April 20, 2009
Digital Engagement is well crafted and highly respected in leading areas of global commerce. It is critical in our Internet-driven marketplace to understand how to effectively leverage new media. This book hits a homerun with winning strategies for those who are just beginning on this road and also for those of us who are trying to stay ahead of the pack. This book shows that Leland is still on the cutting edge of new media and his insight can make a big difference in marketing strategies. I highly recommend this book.
on February 6, 2009
Working in the PR Services industry, I have found many books in this space to be so advertising centric that they lose relevance. Marketing in today's world involves components beyond advertising such as PR and Word-of-Mouth. Harden and Heyman (as experienced, effective communicators) provide great insight to all forms of marketing via the web. They're not ham-strung by any one discipline that would cause them to lapse into myopia regarding the true power of Web 2.0. I recommend buying this book. You won't be sorry.
on February 4, 2009
Digital-Engagement can help anyone, including those with limited technology aptitude (such as this reviewer), greatly increase their understanding of online marketing and how to focus their campaigns to leverage every new technology tool available. The authors have an uncanny ability of making this an easy read, and it is an invaluable and must-have resource. Bob Heyman trail-blazed e-marketing, and he continues to lead the way in helping people harness the power of the web.
on May 11, 2009
DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT: INTERNET MARKETING THAT CAPTURES CUSTOMERS AND BUILDS BRAND LOYALTY is for marketing managers and startup entrepreneurs who want to stay current in cyber-marketing. Tips on how to more effectively use the latest technologies come from online marketing gurus who cover everything from building the better website to keeping connected through phone screens and more. Any library strong in business or computer marketing strategies needs this!