50%
Digital Fashion Print with Photoshop® and Illustrator®
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$16.67+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on March 31, 2012
This book was disappointing. I bought it unseen since I was impressed by this author's fashion illustration book but wanted one for textile design. For starters, out the 170 page book, 120 pages are pictures of textile designs, many of which are just plain unattractive. There is NOT A SINGLE PICTURE of one of these designs on an actual garment or product, which makes you wonder whether any were ever produced. You also don't know how these designs were intended to be used, except for the t-shirt section. There are engineered prints that are nice but uninformative since they are not shown on a product. Then, there are only 50 pages of tutorials, which are useful, but scanty. I'll use this book for the few tutorials, but I would not have bought it had I seen it first.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on December 3, 2012
A bit of a disappointment. A lot of cool designs for half of the book but little amount
in how to do the designs. If the author ever does another edition could be more edited and show the design then how to do it while building up from simple to more difficult. And write about the difference of when best to use Photoshop vs Illustrator in Print Design.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again