5.0 out of 5 stars Love It
Published on November 23, 2010 by chiquita_bonita

1.0 out of 5 stars Under no circumstances
Published on November 21, 2008 by David Klingenberger

1.0 out of 5 stars Under no circumstances, November 21, 2008
This review is from: Digital Lifestyle Outfitters Action Jacket for iPod nano 4G -Black (Electronics)
This is my fourth DLO Action Jacket (I had one for my 1GB, 4GB, and 8GB iPods) and buying it was one of the worst mistakes I have made in months. I trusted that it would be just as good as the previous three. No. They manufactured the plastic cover with materials that are too thick. You cannot use the scroll wheel. Ridiculous. I contacted the company and they admitted the problem, said that they were not recalling all the mismanufactured jackets, and suggested I go back to the retailer for my refund. Save yourself $30 and a lot of hassle, buy another product. Do not, under any circumstances, buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, November 23, 2010
This is a good product if you want something sturdy that will protect your iPod from ALL the elements. I like something that covers the screen and click-wheel because I like to keep sand, dust, etc. from getting inside. The DLO jacket is the best thing I've used for this. I could sub my iPod for the ball in a game of tennis and it would escape without a scratch. That's the kind of jacket I like :)

People have commented on the thickness of the plastic and how it's a huge problem. They're all wrong. Yes, the plastic over the wheel is thick, but it protects better that way, and once you adjust to the new level of pressure you have to use in order to navigate your music lists, it's exactly the same. It did take me a couple of weeks to get used to, but I did and now I have an iPod that works great and will stay in mint condition forever :)

Oh and I don't know about the armband situation, armbands aren't really my flavor. I do like that this clips to the armband so you can remove it and clip it to whatever you want, which is what I do.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, October 21, 2009
Everything about this product is perfect except the clear plastic that allows you to see the iPod doesnt let you scroll easy through song lists or vloume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, March 17, 2012
PTR (Dallas, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
I had some reservations about buying this after reading some of the other reviews. Several people were concerned that you couldn't manipulate the tuning wheel through the plastic--which would be a problem. I decided to try it anyway. It has turned out to be excellent. I have no problems with adjusting sound, playlists, etc. through the plastic front. The clip works great as does the arm band. An excellent value for the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars No access to wheel functions, May 19, 2009
M. Siegel (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I had an Action Jacket for my Sansa for a while and was quite happy. So naturally when I got my new nano, I figured I'd use another Action Jacket. The problem is: this has no hole cut for the wheel. It is very difficult if not impossible to use the scroll wheel. More over, this case lends itself to leaving the device inside; it fits snugly and the rubber provides anti-slip friction (my Sansa never really left it's Action Jacket). Pulling it in out and so you can use the wheel proves to be a major pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits anyone!, February 19, 2013
Bought this for my daughter who is 9 and goes running with my wife. Was concerned it would be too big for her arms. It wasn't! This price was great, but looks to have gone up a lot since I bought it. The quality meets my high expectations 100%. Highly recommend this especially for a kid. Also, the armband and the case seperate into 2 seperate pieces. You can use the case as your everyday case. The main body case has a holster-like clip (does not swivel) that can be very handy/useful in everday use. Fastening to armband is easy and very secure when running.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., February 14, 2013
I bought this because of the clip on it. I use it without the arm band for workouts and it works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the gym, January 13, 2013
I bought this because I had no pockets for my iPod. This is great since I can wear it on the top of my arm and the band is velcro so it is adjustable. Also if you want you can clip the iPod in the holder to your belt, top of slacks or top of shirt in the back or front.. Now I have no reason not to listen to my music and pump it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Lifestyle Outfitters Action Jacket for iPod nano 4G -Black, December 24, 2012
I have read many reviews about this product before buying it. I must say that I am glad I bought it. I fits perfectly and using the wheel control is not that hard. It has a clips on the back so that you can use it without the arm band, too. It was a great deal for the price.

For those of you concerned about the wheel control: Yes, it becomes a little harder when you put the sleeve on it, but still very easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars action jacket ipod carrier, August 28, 2012
Not everyone has one of the tiny new ipods and there are many good reasons to keep the larger ones--specifically, they work well and have nice, big screens. But finding a way to carry the larger ipod was difficult. My original armband carrier's velcro had worn out. Who knew velcro wore out? This new "action jacket" by Digital Lifestyle Outfitters, fits my old ipod very snugly. Right now, it's OK, but I fear the stress of pushing the ipod in and trying to squeeze it out will wear the jacket out quickly. The plastic window covers the top part of the ipod window, thus making it hard to read the first two choices of category. The case has a plastic clip, which makes it easier to move along the armband, but less stable. The armband itself, made of velcro, works well, but is not very long. I wonder if a male bodybuilder or heavy-armed woman would be able to use it. The price was right; delivery time about two weeks.

Rate and Discover Movies