Other Sellers on Amazon
CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case
- Protects PS Vita from bumps and scratches
- Storage space for games and small accessories
- Durable EVA material and soft fabric lining
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Fits nice and snug you don't have to worry about it rattling around in there.
2. The case is hard and sturdy, I'm pretty sure I could drop it and the Vita inside would be just fine.
3. Yes there are 2 annoying straps inside that might mess around with the analog sticks, but you don't have to use them
4. Mine didn't have a smell as some other people have complained about, luck of the draw I guess
5. I like the fact it has the sleeve inside that protects the screen and you can put some games in there to carry around.
My only advice is if you don't like the straps and aren't going to use them I suggest cutting them off like I did, see when you put the Vita on top of the straps and go to unzip the case, since the Vita is kinda being held up by the straps it could easily slip if you're opening the case at an angle. But overall I'm glad I bought this case instead of dishing out another couple of bucks for another one because of the brand.
The straps are not particularly necessary and I may remove them later, but for now I'll just leave them.
The USB cable will fit with the Vita and the case zips but it will be snug.
For ten bucks it's hard to beat and I would certainly recommend it.
Anyway, that's pretty much it. For the price, this case is a champ. For somebody with the entire game catelog, or prefers something more aesthetically pleasing, you'll want to look elsewhere.
11/09/2012 REVIEW UPDATE
One of the nylon straps that others have complained about, broke a few days ago. So, I ended up snipping them both off with some wire cutters.
I wasn't being forceful or anything, was just trying to get the Vita out.
So far, I'd still recommend the case and am keeping the 5-star rating as-is.
After browsing a number of different Vita cases and checking reviews, I decided to pull the trigger on this one. A few notes:
- The case shipped to me does NOT have any sort of weird smell. Another reviewer reported theirs did.
- The two straps used to keep the Vita in place can certainly be slightly annoying, but they absolutely hold the device in place well. I'm undecided on snipping them off or not.
- Other reviewers reported that the games would slide out of the sleeve easily -- I did NOT find this to be the case, and I tried -- hard -- to make it happen.
- Construction of this case, overall, seems very good. Some of the stitching isn't perfect, but for under $9, it's impossible to complain about.
To be perfectly honest, I think this case is better than the felt sleeve that came with my PSP1000. I feel confident in saying the case could be dropped from a fair hight and no harm would come to the Vita inside.
So far, I'm overall extremely pleased with the case and will put it through some usage over the next few months. Should my opinion change at all, I'll be sure and update this review.
The other thing people complain about the elastics inside that hold the Vita in place. people have cut these off as they do not like them... this I feel is a preference, I personally like them. They stretch enough that I can get the Vita out without to much difficulty or damage to the system. They are tight enough that they hold the system in place comfortably. People say they tug on the analog sticks when they try to take the system out of the case but I dont find this to be an issue. I pull up on the elastic while grabbing the bottom corner of the system & put the elastic behind that side of the system I then lift the other elastic & slide out the system towards the side I already pulled the elastic off of. So again this is preference as to whether or not you want to snip them out.
The case itself is nice quality & I feel if I dropped it from about waist high no damage would come to my Vita. The flap inside has space for a few games &/or Memory Cards... however I do find that these slots are a little to big for the Memory Card alone without some sort of small case (like what the SD Cards come in)... games have no issue fitting.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a perfect fit and is actually better than the officially licensed Sony cases!!!Published 2 days ago by E. Berumen
The case is great although I would like more places for my gamesPublished 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
My son loves it its a great protection for his vita system thanks Amazon we love you guysPublished 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
This case fits the PS Vita perfectly, and for a great price too. I would highly recommend this as an accessory to the Play Station Vita.Published 13 days ago by Amazon Customer