5.0 out of 5 stars Good and Cheap. Need I say more?
Ok, so after dishing out some dough for the Vita and some games I had to find a good case to keep it safe. I wasn't abut to leave a $250 system out and about for it to collect scratches. But I also didn't want to pay $20 plus for some case. So I found this one for $10. It gets the job done. Here are some details I'm sure you're wondering about it.

1. Fits nice...
Published on June 13, 2012 by Archimedes

The manufacturer commented on the review below
3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Advertised
Case I received was NOT what is pictured in the description. I received some ridiculous graphic of something that looks like it was from a bad star wars rip off game. I spray painted over the graphic so it's all black now, but seriously.... c'mon I shouldn't have to do that. Too much of a hassle to return it, so I am dealing with my spray-painted case.

As for...
Published on March 19, 2012 by Jhubbz

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and Cheap. Need I say more?, June 13, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case (Accessory)

1. Fits nice and snug you don't have to worry about it rattling around in there.
2. The case is hard and sturdy, I'm pretty sure I could drop it and the Vita inside would be just fine.
3. Yes there are 2 annoying straps inside that might mess around with the analog sticks, but you don't have to use them
4. Mine didn't have a smell as some other people have complained about, luck of the draw I guess
5. I like the fact it has the sleeve inside that protects the screen and you can put some games in there to carry around.

My only advice is if you don't like the straps and aren't going to use them I suggest cutting them off like I did, see when you put the Vita on top of the straps and go to unzip the case, since the Vita is kinda being held up by the straps it could easily slip if you're opening the case at an angle. But overall I'm glad I bought this case instead of dishing out another couple of bucks for another one because of the brand.

4.0 out of 5 stars A relatively average case with a few perks., December 6, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case (Accessory)
This isnt a wow you type of item, even relative to other cases, but it is a good functional case nonetheless. It is a hard shell, and there are two straps inside to secure your Vita. I feel pretty confident that I could drop this with no negative consequences whatsoever. It's also water resistant. I say resistant because I wouldnt go dropping it in water, but if you get caught out in the rain with it, your Vita will stay dry. There is a little flap that has four pockets for games and two pockets that will hold your USB cord and maybe an extra item or two of the same size. I also keep a spare memory card in the pocket with my USB.
Anyway, that's pretty much it. For the price, this case is a champ. For somebody with the entire game catelog, or prefers something more aesthetically pleasing, you'll want to look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a Vita case, November 4, 2012
Craig A. Liess (Rochester Hills, MI) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
***
11/09/2012 REVIEW UPDATE

One of the nylon straps that others have complained about, broke a few days ago. So, I ended up snipping them both off with some wire cutters.

I wasn't being forceful or anything, was just trying to get the Vita out.

So far, I'd still recommend the case and am keeping the 5-star rating as-is.

***

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

After browsing a number of different Vita cases and checking reviews, I decided to pull the trigger on this one. A few notes:

- The case shipped to me does NOT have any sort of weird smell. Another reviewer reported theirs did.
- The two straps used to keep the Vita in place can certainly be slightly annoying, but they absolutely hold the device in place well. I'm undecided on snipping them off or not.
- Other reviewers reported that the games would slide out of the sleeve easily -- I did NOT find this to be the case, and I tried -- hard -- to make it happen.
- Construction of this case, overall, seems very good. Some of the stitching isn't perfect, but for under $9, it's impossible to complain about.

To be perfectly honest, I think this case is better than the felt sleeve that came with my PSP1000. I feel confident in saying the case could be dropped from a fair hight and no harm would come to the Vita inside.

So far, I'm overall extremely pleased with the case and will put it through some usage over the next few months. Should my opinion change at all, I'll be sure and update this review.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Advertised, March 19, 2012
This review is from: CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case (Accessory)

As for the actual product, everything fits great, so I cannot complain there. I do recommend the case to anyone looking for some protection for their Vita. Mainly because it is very slim, but has enough padding that I would feel ok if I dropped it from hip-level or so.

TLDNR:
*Stupid graphic=spray paint
*Pretty decent quality case

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Mar 22, 2012 9:05:41 AM PDT
Hi,

Thanks for taking time out to review.

I'm so sorry about the switch-out with the non-black case. Some other users brought this to our attention, and we investigated the matter further. It seems that Amazon was accidentally sending out the wrong units.

We're sending the black case directly to people who received the wrong one. As per our usual policies, you don't have to return your original case at all, just get the right one for free. If possible, please drop a line at the support email (support@ctadigital.com) to request for it and refer to this review.

Happy gaming!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for PS VIta & Backpacks, February 5, 2014
This review is from: CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case (Accessory)
This is a hard enough case to store the PS Vita in a backpack with other books and laptop/tablet. I would recommend this for anyone who is looking for a case to use when traveling or storage. Hard material and has a place to store memory cards. A++ case especially with the low price

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protective case., December 10, 2013
This review is from: CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case (Accessory)
Fits my 2000 model vita nicely. with room for a cleaning cloth, cards, and other small accessories. My only complaint is that the game card pockets are sewn on the wrong side- they'll still stay in but it's not exactly as described,

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent case for the price, April 23, 2013
This review is from: CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case (Accessory)
Not a bad case considering the price of it. If you don't want to spend a lot on a case, this is the one I would recommend.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars Good case but with a few considerations, March 8, 2012
This review is from: CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case (Accessory)
What I like about the case

*fits vita securely
*has slots for games
*could stuff the cable in to charge off computer
*a lot smaller than the sony cases
*comes with clip if that is your thing

Things to consider

*straps aren't needed and I feel like am going to mess up the dual analogs de-strapping, I just don't use them.
*came with giant graphic on the front unlike the picture which is all black

Synopsis

Good case, doesn't need the straps, your's may not look like the picture (Amazon snafu it seems)

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Mar 9, 2012 12:06:38 PM PST
Hey Eric,

Thanks so much for taking time out to review. I'm glad you like the case overall.

At first we designed it without the strap but some of our users who tested it out said that it can fall out when they open the zipper... so we decided to add that strap. If you feel that it is a bit unnecessary, is it possible for you to cut it off?

Oh, and about the graphic. That's odd. Is it possible that you ordered this one instead: CTA Digital PS Vita EVA Graphic Protective Case. Just checking.

Keep in touch,

Amna

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
Love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 8, 2014
Excellent product.

CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case
CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case by CTA Digital (PlayStation Vita)
$9.99 $8.51