CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case
Price:$9.59 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on June 13, 2012
Verified Purchase
Ok, so after dishing out some dough for the Vita and some games I had to find a good case to keep it safe. I wasn't abut to leave a $250 system out and about for it to collect scratches. But I also didn't want to pay $20 plus for some case. So I found this one for $10. It gets the job done. Here are some details I'm sure you're wondering about it.

1. Fits nice and snug you don't have to worry about it rattling around in there.
2. The case is hard and sturdy, I'm pretty sure I could drop it and the Vita inside would be just fine.
3. Yes there are 2 annoying straps inside that might mess around with the analog sticks, but you don't have to use them
4. Mine didn't have a smell as some other people have complained about, luck of the draw I guess
5. I like the fact it has the sleeve inside that protects the screen and you can put some games in there to carry around.

My only advice is if you don't like the straps and aren't going to use them I suggest cutting them off like I did, see when you put the Vita on top of the straps and go to unzip the case, since the Vita is kinda being held up by the straps it could easily slip if you're opening the case at an angle. But overall I'm glad I bought this case instead of dishing out another couple of bucks for another one because of the brand.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 5, 2012
***
11/09/2012 REVIEW UPDATE

One of the nylon straps that others have complained about, broke a few days ago. So, I ended up snipping them both off with some wire cutters.

I wasn't being forceful or anything, was just trying to get the Vita out.

So far, I'd still recommend the case and am keeping the 5-star rating as-is.

***

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

After browsing a number of different Vita cases and checking reviews, I decided to pull the trigger on this one. A few notes:

- The case shipped to me does NOT have any sort of weird smell. Another reviewer reported theirs did.
- The two straps used to keep the Vita in place can certainly be slightly annoying, but they absolutely hold the device in place well. I'm undecided on snipping them off or not.
- Other reviewers reported that the games would slide out of the sleeve easily -- I did NOT find this to be the case, and I tried -- hard -- to make it happen.
- Construction of this case, overall, seems very good. Some of the stitching isn't perfect, but for under $9, it's impossible to complain about.

To be perfectly honest, I think this case is better than the felt sleeve that came with my PSP1000. I feel confident in saying the case could be dropped from a fair hight and no harm would come to the Vita inside.

So far, I'm overall extremely pleased with the case and will put it through some usage over the next few months. Should my opinion change at all, I'll be sure and update this review.
on December 6, 2012
Verified Purchase
This isnt a wow you type of item, even relative to other cases, but it is a good functional case nonetheless. It is a hard shell, and there are two straps inside to secure your Vita. I feel pretty confident that I could drop this with no negative consequences whatsoever. It's also water resistant. I say resistant because I wouldnt go dropping it in water, but if you get caught out in the rain with it, your Vita will stay dry. There is a little flap that has four pockets for games and two pockets that will hold your USB cord and maybe an extra item or two of the same size. I also keep a spare memory card in the pocket with my USB.
Anyway, that's pretty much it. For the price, this case is a champ. For somebody with the entire game catelog, or prefers something more aesthetically pleasing, you'll want to look elsewhere.
on February 27, 2013
Verified Purchase
I had read other reviews regarding this product... some reviews stated that the case had a really pungent odor that was so bad that the product needed to be returned. This was not the case with mine & it was the first thing that was paying attention too when I opened the package. I sniffed around the box before opening & it didn't smell so I pulled open a corner & still didn't smell anything... I pulled it out of the box & took a HUGE wiff right on the case... nothing, just the normal weird from factory new fabric smell... I don't even smell that anymore & I have had it for a week or so now.

The other thing people complain about the elastics inside that hold the Vita in place. people have cut these off as they do not like them... this I feel is a preference, I personally like them. They stretch enough that I can get the Vita out without to much difficulty or damage to the system. They are tight enough that they hold the system in place comfortably. People say they tug on the analog sticks when they try to take the system out of the case but I dont find this to be an issue. I pull up on the elastic while grabbing the bottom corner of the system & put the elastic behind that side of the system I then lift the other elastic & slide out the system towards the side I already pulled the elastic off of. So again this is preference as to whether or not you want to snip them out.

The case itself is nice quality & I feel if I dropped it from about waist high no damage would come to my Vita. The flap inside has space for a few games &/or Memory Cards... however I do find that these slots are a little to big for the Memory Card alone without some sort of small case (like what the SD Cards come in)... games have no issue fitting. There is a netting on the inside as well for small accessories... but not the AC adaptor... maybe a USB Cable and some ear buds are all that would fit. I personally have not used this section yet.

All in all I find this to be a good purchase for the price as it is good quality, I feel it protects my system, & like that it has some space for some games &/or Memory Cards. I definitly give this product 5 Stars. Good price, good product.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 16, 2014
Verified Purchase
I was skeptical at first looking at this case since most of the reviews by people that said they liked this case were from 2012, and most of the reviews from 2014 said the case was horrible and smelled bad. I ended up buying this case anyway and I think it is as perfect as i could have asked for. My case doesn't smell "like burning rubber" in fact the only way I could even smell this case was if I stuck my nose against it, if you back your nose up an inch you can't detect it, but even when you do get next to it, it only smells like a shoe does when you first buy it. overall this case is very sturdy and the game slots fit fine, I don't think I could've asked for a better quality item at 8 dollars.

Verdict:
*Quite affordable
*Very snug
*The straps can be a tad annoying but they do keep the vita very secure
*Doesn't smell bad
*Feels like it is high quality

You really can't go wrong for 8 bucks, I'd suggest this case.
on February 5, 2014
Verified Purchase
This is a hard enough case to store the PS Vita in a backpack with other books and laptop/tablet. I would recommend this for anyone who is looking for a case to use when traveling or storage. Hard material and has a place to store memory cards. A++ case especially with the low price
on December 10, 2013
Verified Purchase
Fits my 2000 model vita nicely. with room for a cleaning cloth, cards, and other small accessories. My only complaint is that the game card pockets are sewn on the wrong side- they'll still stay in but it's not exactly as described,
on April 24, 2013
Verified Purchase
Not a bad case considering the price of it. If you don't want to spend a lot on a case, this is the one I would recommend.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on March 8, 2012
Verified Purchase
What I like about the case

*fits vita securely
*has slots for games
*could stuff the cable in to charge off computer
*a lot smaller than the sony cases
*comes with clip if that is your thing

Things to consider

*straps aren't needed and I feel like am going to mess up the dual analogs de-strapping, I just don't use them.
*came with giant graphic on the front unlike the picture which is all black

Synopsis

Good case, doesn't need the straps, your's may not look like the picture (Amazon snafu it seems)
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hey Eric,

Thanks so much for taking time out to review. I'm glad you like the case overall.

At first we designed it without the strap but some of our users who tested it out said that it can fall out when they open the zipper... so we decided to add that strap. If you feel that it is a bit unnecessary, is it possible for you to cut it off?

Oh, and about the graphic. That's odd. Is it possible that you ordered this one instead: [[ASIN:B0073ESYU4 CTA Digital PS Vita EVA Graphic Protective Case]]. Just checking.

Keep in touch,