From the Back Cover
Extend the capabilities of your digital camera with 99 thoroughly explained helpful pointers. Organized into easy-to-navigate chapters, this handy resource will help you fully utilize your camera's features, perform digital darkroom magic, and manage, print, and publish your images to the Web. Learn photographic techniques such as lighting problem shadows, taking extreme close-ups, capturing motion, and more. Plus--supplement your photographic expeditions with darkroom tricks and magic, including correcting the color and brightness of your images, sharpening the focus, and eliminating imperfections. Read this book and discover why digital photography is fast becoming the leading method of capturing life's most important moments.
- Capture viewer interest with good composition
- Restore old family photographs
- Photograph in rainy or dark conditions
- Compose and shoot breathtaking panoramas
- Hand-color black-and-white photographs
- Calibrate your monitor and camera screen
- Overcome common problems like parallax error
- Freeze fast action or follow motion to blur a background
- Shoot movies and sequences for Web animation
- Optimize images for a Web portfolio
About the Author
Ken Milburn (Oakland, CA) has 15 years experience as a nationally published advertising photographer writing about graphics and multimedia for national computer publications. Milburn has also written seven computer books, including the best-selling FrontPage 97 and the Flash 3 Web Animation and f/x, and Master Photoshop 5.5 Visually (IDG). Ken's clients include Multimedia Live!, New World Publishing, Morph's Outpost, Computer Artist, MacMillan Publishing, American President Lines, The Sausalito Chamber of Commerce and the Sausalito Art Festival.