From the Back Cover
Building on the success of the first edition Digital Speech
offers extensive new, updated and revised material based upon thelatest research. This Second Edition
continues to providethe fundamental technical background required for low bit ratespeech coding and the hottest developments in digital speech codingtechniques that are applicable to evolving communication systems.
- Features new chapters on Pitch Estimation and Voice-UnvoicedClassification of Speech, Harmonic Speech Coding andMultimode Speech Coding
- Presents a comprehensively revised chapter entitled Analysisby Synthesis LPC Coding including specific examples of popularspeech coders such as CELP (Code-Excited Linear Predictive)Coding
- Contains an updated chapter on Efficient LPC QuantizationMethods including MSVQ and anti-aliasing filtering
- Discusses Voice Activity Detection (VAD) methods
- Offers expanded coverage of speech enhancement techniques suchas echo cancellation and noise suppression
Written by a well-known, highly respected academic, thisauthoritative volume will be invaluable to practising engineers,network designers, computer scientists and advanced students incommunications, electrical and electronic engineering.